Open job: Tates Creek

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    188

    Open job: Tates Creek

    Mike Allen has resigned.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Nathaniel Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    @NateInSports
    Posts
    736

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 16
    Posts
    282

    Those of you from Lexington, any front runner for this job at Tates Creek? From an outsider it looks to be a job that is difficult to win in recent years but maybe in the past had success. Shawnee comes to mind here in Jefferson County as a similar history and currently just cannot seem to be a winning program no matter who takes over.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    163

    I'm not a insider but must be a really tough job Wayne Breeden is excellent he had very little success there.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    135

    Quote Originally Posted by coachlee View Post
    Those of you from Lexington, any front runner for this job at Tates Creek? From an outsider it looks to be a job that is difficult to win in recent years but maybe in the past had success. Shawnee comes to mind here in Jefferson County as a similar history and currently just cannot seem to be a winning program no matter who takes over.
    And will probably get worse with the new high school opening next year.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    246

    Tates Creek and Bryan Station will both hurt for talent, lots of drop off here soon.

  7. #7
    mooremiller31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Posts
    1,160

    Tates Creek has been way down the last few years but I'm sorry no Lexington public school should ever go 4-27. I'm not saying they should be winning District and Region titles lord knows that district is tough enough. But 4-27....cmon man!!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    188

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttlesworth View Post
    Tates Creek and Bryan Station will both hurt for talent, lots of drop off here soon.
    Not accurate unless there are unexpected transfers. They will lose only 1 player from this past years roster to the new school/Carter G. Woodson Academy. They have a lot of young talent coming up. This past season 6 freshman played only JV and Varsity. The JV, again mostly freshman was competitive in most games beating Scott County and some of the city schools in spite of really poor leadership. There is no excuse for the record the varsity had but there is plenty of talent walking the halls of Tates Creek. They just need the right Coach to lead and change the culture. The football team has been able to turn things around and get things headed in the right direction under the guidance and leadership of a good Coach and there's no reason the basketball program can't do the same.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    34

    The district they are in alone, would scare off a lot of good candidates. Dunbar won the state title last year, have in my opinion, Mr. Basketball and get bounced first round of districts. That's insane

  10. #10
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    20,058

    Quote Originally Posted by coachlee View Post
    Shawnee comes to mind here in Jefferson County as a similar history and currently just cannot seem to be a winning program no matter who takes over.
    I don't think Shawnee is a good comparison. According to the KHSAA enrollment reports, Shawnee has 324 boys and Tates Creek has 924 boys.

  11. #11
    Johnny_Utah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    1365 Wichita Drive
    Posts
    720

    2011 may feel like forever ago in terms of high school sports, but that year Tates Creek was ranked #1st in the state during part of the season with Breeden as coach. Lost in the 2nd round of Region to Madison Central by 1 point. Finished with a 24-5 record.

  12. #12
    BigVMan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Location
    Near Frankfort
    Posts
    9,188

    [QUOTE=Juke;6249655]Not accurate unless there are unexpected transfers./QUOTE]

    Talking in the next couple of years and after, maybe not just immediately next year. With the new school opening up and siphoning off kids TC would normally get of course they will lose some talent, it's only logical this will happen.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    246

    Quote Originally Posted by Juke View Post
    Not accurate unless there are unexpected transfers. They will lose only 1 player from this past years roster to the new school/Carter G. Woodson Academy. They have a lot of young talent coming up. This past season 6 freshman played only JV and Varsity. The JV, again mostly freshman was competitive in most games beating Scott County and some of the city schools in spite of really poor leadership. There is no excuse for the record the varsity had but there is plenty of talent walking the halls of Tates Creek. They just need the right Coach to lead and change the culture. The football team has been able to turn things around and get things headed in the right direction under the guidance and leadership of a good Coach and there's no reason the basketball program can't do the same.
    Wasn't talking in the immediate future. Watch 5-10 years from now.

  14. #14
    Plato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Home Sweet Home
    Posts
    5,053

    Mike Allen is good at getting jobs, not so great at keeping them....

    Creek isn't an easy place to win. Hope they find a quality replacement.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    163

    Does Fayette co require head coach is a teacher?

Top