Open Job: Ryle

Page 2 of From the other thread: The (Ryle) job was posted. Internal transfer deadline is the 28th. Any thoughts on current coaches in the building? 0 0 0  ... 134 comments | 33673 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,009

    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkLife View Post
    Agree to disagree. Allen had Very few pieces around him in a smaller school. And, the game plan for every team was easy, slow Allen. Belcher still found ways to put Allen in great spots for PC to win games and compete with high level teams. At Ryle, Belcher would have more to work with, and he’s a basketball nut & historian. He could relate with kids easily. Played college basketball, and appears to be rather well connected.
    Coach Belcher has had more than one kid depart the program for greener pastures over the last 3/4 years. What high level programs did PC complete against with Allen?
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    423

    In the 10th... the 3 best, Campbell, GRC, and Scott. Typically good games.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    423

    Those 3 could and do compete with good 9th Region teams. So, imo, if he were to go to Ryle, with potentially deeper talent pools, I could see him turning it around.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    423

    I saw someone mention Rick shumate, wasn’t he let go from Beechwood before Goetz took over, or did he choose to walk away? And, didn’t he apply for Dixie and didn’t get the job? Or, did he not apply? Serious questions, but things I heard.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    423

    Does anyone know of anyone who has actually applied, or interviewed?

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,009

    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkLife View Post
    Those 3 could and do compete with good 9th Region teams. So, imo, if he were to go to Ryle, with potentially deeper talent pools, I could see him turning it around.
    I just don't see Belcher leaving PC any time soon.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    423

    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Quarters View Post
    I just don't see Belcher leaving PC any time soon.
    I don’t necessairly disagree with that. Just a name I mentioned as someone who might be a name to throw in the hat who has been a good head coach over a period of time.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    423

    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Quarters View Post
    I just don't see Belcher leaving PC any time soon.

    Who do you see or believe would be a good candidate for the job?

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,009

    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkLife View Post
    Who do you see or believe would be a good candidate for the job?
    I really don't have any thoughts, but I don't see an employed head coach having much interest.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Posts
    38

    Maybe I am naive, but I would think that Ryle would be one of the top 5/6 jobs in the 9th region. Large student body, nice facilities, and good feeder program. They have struggled recently but over the long haul they should have talented players.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,009

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthSeas View Post
    Maybe I am naive, but I would think that Ryle would be one of the top 5/6 jobs in the 9th region. Large student body, nice facilities, and good feeder program. They have struggled recently but over the long haul they should have talented players.
    No reason to disagree, but history proves us both wrong.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,277

    How about someone like Mike Code?

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    423

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    How about someone like Mike Code?
    Code is a really good coach. His disciplined, tough, workman like style could work.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Posts
    38

    Does Mike still teach at Highlands? If Ryle could fine PE spot for him I could see that, but Brossart should be too 4 in 10th next year. Also as good a coach Mike is not sure this late in his coaching tenure he would want a restart in the feeder, parents, and community.

  15. #30
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,343

    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkLife View Post
    I saw someone mention Rick shumate, wasn’t he let go from Beechwood before Goetz took over, or did he choose to walk away? And, didn’t he apply for Dixie and didn’t get the job? Or, did he not apply? Serious questions, but things I heard.
    He wasn't let go, he was successful at Beechwood. He left for the South Dearborn job.

Top