Open Job: Nelson County

  1. #1
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    25,092

    Open Job: Nelson County

    Job was listed this morning on the KHSAA's website, along with the girls basketball coaching position.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    116

    Not much history to that program, or at least recent history. That would be a tough job I would think.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    21

    Never have made the boys state tournament. More unlikely now that Thomas Nelson is pulling some kids that would normally go to Nelson.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    116

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsKnowItAll View Post
    Never have made the boys state tournament. More unlikely now that Thomas Nelson is pulling some kids that would normally go to Nelson.
    That doesn't sound like it'd be enticing to many.

  5. #5
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    52,362

    Even with the split with TNHS, Nelson is still a big school and there is talent walking the halls. They just need to develop it better, and whoever the next coach is would be wise to build from within, from youth on up. I'm intrigued to see who is next for this job.

  6. #6
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    52,362

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsKnowItAll View Post
    Never have made the boys state tournament. More unlikely now that Thomas Nelson is pulling some kids that would normally go to Nelson.
    NC's best boys' teams coincided with Marion Co. during the Epps/Scott years. Bad timing. I've heard those teams were really good.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    21

    Will Chris O'Bryan apply for the open position? Current East Jessamine coach, he is dating, married, or engaged to Jaqueline Coleman, NCHS teacher and interim girls coach.

  8. #8
    BigVMan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Location
    Near Frankfort
    Posts
    8,487

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    Even with the split with TNHS, Nelson is still a big school and there is talent walking the halls. They just need to develop it better, and whoever the next coach is would be wise to build from within, from youth on up. I'm intrigued to see who is next for this job.
    Not to be off putting, but...do they? I mean even before the split they were no power house for sure and didn't seem to be consistently good/decent in much in recent memory. I'm not sure how after the split it can do anything but make at best an average situation worse.

    I they have talent there as you say walking the halls, why are the kids not playing?

  9. #9
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    52,362

    Quote Originally Posted by BigVMan23 View Post
    Not to be off putting, but...do they? I mean even before the split they were no power house for sure and didn't seem to be consistently good/decent in much in recent memory. I'm not sure how after the split it can do anything but make at best an average situation worse.

    I they have talent there as you say walking the halls, why are the kids not playing?
    I don't have those answers.

Top