Open Job: Mason County

Page 3 of Word is that Buddy Biggs resigned. Seems like this will be an attractive job on the surface.... 221 comments | 46129 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,011

    Quote Originally Posted by sealedpower View Post
    Does the coach have to be a teacher just for basketball,cause softball coach isn`t a teacher.
    I believe because basketball is a major sport and softball is not.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    754

    How is one sport more important than another, that doesn`t sound right/fair.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,063

    Quote Originally Posted by sealedpower View Post
    How is one sport more important than another, that doesn`t sound right/fair.
    Because Mason County has two state titles and two state runner-up finishes in boys' basketball. Life is not fair.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    111

    Chief Smoke is right!!! Chris ulery will get it right my boys played for both of them and had love to play for them and was sad when they left football. I ask them why they said said that Chris was honest and didn’t hold back and he and chief smoke made them better. One of the boys still plays for the royals but said it’s not the same and that he will give it his all. So saying all this chris will make the right decision.

  5. #35
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    8,011

    Quote Originally Posted by sealedpower View Post
    How is one sport more important than another, that doesn`t sound right/fair.
    I don't know if that is a Mason thing or that is how KHSAA lists the sports. Mason has other sports where the coaches are not teachers.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    13,652

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    I don't know if that is a Mason thing or that is how KHSAA lists the sports. Mason has other sports where the coaches are not teachers.
    That’s strictly a local decision.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    3,436

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    Thatís strictly a local decision.
    Some sports are more conducive than others in not having(?)/needing(?) a coach in the same building throughout the day. Many schools do have para-professional coaches in many of their sports. However, when anciliary problems arise (we are talking about teenagers), I would suggest most teachers and administrators prefer having head coaches on site to preclude mole hills unnecessarily becoming mountains.

  8. #38
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    53,955

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneraLee View Post
    Local names not on the previous list...

    Willie Feldhaus (Former Male Head)
    Brad Cox (Mason girls)
    Chris Stapleton (Fleming)
    Brian Kirk (Augusta)
    Robbie Graham (GRC girls)
    Jordan Gilbert (Madison Central ast.)

    The administration at Mason will get this one right. Look forward to the future of Royals basketball!
    No way is Robbie Graham is leaving GRC for Mason Co. Our boys program was open 2 years ago and he wasn't interested. He has built a great girls program with the GRC girls, going to final 4 this past season when he wasn't supposed to get out of the region. We only graduated 1 senior, so he has lots of talent coming back. He has no dicipline problems and great fan and Adm support. He is happy where he is. Why would he leave?

  9. #39
    GeneraLee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    No way is Robbie Graham is leaving GRC for Mason Co. Our boys program was open 2 years ago and he wasn't interested. He has built a great girls program with the GRC girls, going to final 4 this past season when he wasn't supposed to get out of the region. We only graduated 1 senior, so he has lots of talent coming back. He has no dicipline problems and great fan and Adm support. He is happy where he is. Why would he leave?
    Never said anyone was leaving or going. Just a list of good to great local coaches. Good luck to Coach Graham and the Lady Cards next year!

  10. #40
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    53,955

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneraLee View Post
    Never said anyone was leaving or going. Just a list of good to great local coaches. Good luck to Coach Graham and the Lady Cards next year!

  11. #41
    Bandit29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Rooting against the Cubs!!!
    Posts
    2,545

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    Some sports are more conducive than others in not having(?)/needing(?) a coach in the same building throughout the day. Many schools do have para-professional coaches in many of their sports. However, when anciliary problems arise (we are talking about teenagers), I would suggest most teachers and administrators prefer having head coaches on site to preclude mole hills unnecessarily becoming mountains.
    It is usually better if they are teachers.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    177

    Very attractive job. The prestige of Fieldhouse alone makes this a job people would covet

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    676

    There is no consensus.

    Old Guard wants a Feldhaus, but other folks have said no way either brother comes back.

    Several have mentioned Brad Cox, Brian Kirk or Jason Hinson.

    It'll be interesting.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Posts
    24

    Brad Cox lol I heard this during the season but if this is true Mason County will be watching the region instead of playing in it!

  15. #45
    HoopsJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 17
    Posts
    60

    All the Feldhaus coaches were contacted and turned it down.

    Also Tim Sullivan from Cooper and he wasn't interested either.

    Doesn't sound like top coaches want to deal with really high expectations with a talent pool that has dropped below Scott, Campbell, Clark, Paris etc.

Top