Open Job: Ludlow

Page 3 of Got word this morning from AD Andrew Wise that Coach Wofford is not returning. Anyone interested, forward the resume to andrew.wise@ludlow.kyschools.us... 51 comments | 11471 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    149

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonQ View Post
    I am a fan of Aaron as well. There is certainly nothing wrong with hiring the local guy. Dan is not from Walton. Most people would assume he is. He runs their junior league. He is the primary coach for player development. He does most of their scouting.

    On the other side, Aaron was successful with the Ludlow girls and the Connor girls. I don't see a downside to either.
    Dan does most of the scouting for which grade level? I can assure you with 100% that he does not do most, or any, of the scouting for the varsity boys team and even he would tell you that. I do agree that he does a tremendous job with player development with all the grade levels.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Walton
    Posts
    2,598

    Why in the name of everything that is Holy would an established coach, who is retired, want to become the coach of a small urban school that does not have a history of winning?

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    149

    Quote Originally Posted by PP1 View Post
    Why in the name of everything that is Holy would an established coach, who is retired, want to become the coach of a small urban school that does not have a history of winning?
    I believe Dan grew up in Ludlow and went to school there for many years in early childhood before going to Fort Thomas, someone else may be able to confirm that.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    585

    Can anyone confirm that either Stamm or Sullivan have applied for the job? They are both at bigger and/or successful schools and both have jobs there, right?

  5. #35
    BIGZIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Ludlow, Ky
    Posts
    4,940

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecats View Post
    I believe Dan grew up in Ludlow and went to school there for many years in early childhood before going to Fort Thomas, someone else may be able to confirm that.
    He did. Not sure what year he left Ludlow but it was before high school.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,544

    Quote Originally Posted by PP1 View Post
    Why in the name of everything that is Holy would an established coach, who is retired, want to become the coach of a small urban school that does not have a history of winning?
    If you mean winning like regional titles you are correct. However in terms of records, Ludlow in bball has done pretty decent in bball. It comes in cycles at a small school. But they have had some good classes and good teams.

    So while you may not win a regional title at Ludlow. You can put a team together that could compete to have a shot to make the region.

  7. #37
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Walton
    Posts
    2,598

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    could compete to have a shot to make the region.
    I just don’t see coaches that have been very successful coming out of retirement in the hopes that they “could compete to have a shot.”

    I think we’re just throwing around possibilities for fun, Which is OK and why I think this website exists. Let’s be logical, if you were Sullivan, would kid low be a place you wanted to invest your retirement years?

  8. #38

    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    south of the river
    Posts
    452

    He may not, but I would be much more interested in Ludlow if I were retired. I can't speak for Dan, he may not want this job, but he has proven he can coach. This job isn't about validation it's about love of the game. Small town, community support, allowed to put your stamp on the program.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,544

    Quote Originally Posted by PP1 View Post
    I just don’t see coaches that have been very successful coming out of retirement in the hopes that they “could compete to have a shot.”

    I think we’re just throwing around possibilities for fun, Which is OK and why I think this website exists. Let’s be logical, if you were Sullivan, would kid low be a place you wanted to invest your retirement years?
    Well considering its pretty well known that he did apply for it two years ago when it was open. I don't think it would be a surprise if he did this time too.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Feb 18
    Posts
    130

    I have on good authority that Stamm did apply for this job

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    149

    Pretty good word that Sullivan applied as well. Will be interesting to see which route they go, don't think you can go wrong with either hire.

  12. #42
    BIGZIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Ludlow, Ky
    Posts
    4,940

    Both Stamm and Sullivan are excellent candidates. My preference would be for the one looking to stay at Ludlow for a while. I personally think Stamm would not only relate well with kids but understands the school and community a bit better than Sullivan. Just my opinion.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    149

    Dan Sullivan sent an email to the WV aau group that he has accepted the position at Ludlow.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    May 18
    Posts
    27

    Sullivan would be a good thing at Ludlow. Did Wofford step away or was it a non-renewal situation?

  15. #45
    Chatty Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    158

    Quote Originally Posted by WestKYHoops4 View Post
    Sullivan would be a good thing at Ludlow. Did Wofford step away or was it a non-renewal situation?
    According to the River City news at the latest Ludlow Board of Education meeting, Wofford is moving on to a new career. I have no idea what that entails (leaving the district or not).

Top