Open Job: Holmes

Page 4 of Will it be Brad Carr? What about John Wimzie? Can anyone rebuild the Bulldogs program, or is this a job most coaches will stay away from? Advertisement... 152 comments | 25207 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    277

    Quote Originally Posted by Northside View Post
    Does the t-shirt from the 1980' s mean he can't coach at a school like Holmes. I find that hard to believe. Didn't Fredrick play high school ball at Green Hills.
    I’m all for saying it was a dumb mistake. Still don’t think he’s a fit.

    Why not focus this on more than a couple candidates and say what this job is? This is a tough job that will need a special coach.
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    277

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball1235 View Post
    He did build the program. Just like Tubby inherited Pitinos program. Fro has done a good job with varsity program. Time will tell if he can maintain it with building the youth program. Brad was involved deeply with the lil Eagles and Woodlands programs. Brad knew every kid even if they wasn’t basketball players That’s where I think Fro will come up short. Time will tell
    That’s a dumb take. Fro was a pivotal person in the development of those kids. He was the Freshman coach for years and most of those kids are who they are because of the foundation he laid.

  3. #48
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,597

    Quote Originally Posted by blue4sure View Post
    Dale Brown???
    Interesting!!!

    Very Interesting!!!!!!!

  4. #49

    Join Date
    Oct 17
    Posts
    211

    Quote Originally Posted by HSBballfan24 View Post
    And why? Principals are not in the habit of getting rid of good teachers and coaches.
    Brad was on the admin and discipline side of Scot high school. Principal wanted Brad to assume more being an everyday teacher also plus most of the teachers at Scot referred to Brad not the principal. Kenton co lacks in the admin side of the schools. Cox-curry pushed for her buddies not the best person for the job. Hope the new Super intendant changes a lot at Kenton Co.

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    277

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Interesting!!!

    Very Interesting!!!!!!!
    It’d be entertaining that’s for sure. Haha

  6. #51

    Join Date
    Oct 17
    Posts
    211

    Quote Originally Posted by HSBballfan24 View Post
    That’s a dumb take. Fro was a pivotal person in the development of those kids. He was the Freshman coach for years and most of those kids are who they are because of the foundation he laid.
    So you think Fro laid the frame work? Brad laid the foundation that all the coaches followed including Woodlands program. Brad hired all those coaches.

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    277

    Great decision by Brad but yes Fro was crucial to his success.

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Oct 17
    Posts
    211

    Quote Originally Posted by HSBballfan24 View Post
    That’s a dumb take. Fro was a pivotal person in the development of those kids. He was the Freshman coach for years and most of those kids are who they are because of the foundation he laid.
    No one is knocking Frommeyer.

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    277

    No one in the area has a better reputation than Steve Fromeyer by his peers and I guarantee they don’t win the same way last year without him as head coach.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    277

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    I disagree. I think that Brad Carr is the perfect man for the job.

    He is a Holmes graduate, so he knows the environment.

    I believe that he is the "tough love' kind of coach that the players at Holmes would respond and relate favorably to.

    He is no-nonsense and everyone would be on the same page. John Wimsey would serve as the "good cop" and keep everyone aligned, and the team would maximize their potential, whatever potential that might be.

    Here's one vote for Brad Carr!!!!
    This isnít the Holmes of the 80ís, 90ís or early 2000ís. He might be a Holmes grad but it was too long ago to matter.

  11. #56

    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    510

    I think this thread has become ignorant of uninformed people. However, I agree this isn't the Holmes of old, and I don't know when it will return to that status. This job will lack the sexy hire of the past, but I do think really good coaches will apply for it. Brad Carr will be on the short list, but who joins him. Have to think Grammer, since he's on staff and has been a head coach.

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    510

    Delete

  13. #58

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,986

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Coach Fro is not on trial here.
    He is doing a masterful job with his players, and yes, if they are good enough there is no reason that they couldn't repeat.

    I would think that Brad Carr would have learned from his past (assumed) indiscretions and has mellowed into the guy who would be the perfect fit for the Holmes job.

    Agree that Sam Elsbernd would be on the first bus to Covington IF they have a teaching job available for him.
    You think Sam gives up his current head coaching gig to be an assistant at Holmes?? I know it's his alma mater, but I don't think he leaves his current spot for anything but another head coaching job.

  14. #59

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    41

    Don't know how long you can hold a graduate assistant position for or even if this person is interested in the job but a dark horse for this position in my eyes is Ricardo Johnson (Xavier's GA) would be a fantastic fit.

  15. #60
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,597

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    You think Sam gives up his current head coaching gig to be an assistant at Holmes?? I know it's his alma mater, but I don't think he leaves his current spot for anything but another head coaching job.
    Sure

Top