Open Job: Covington Holy Cross

Page 5 of I heard today Coach Schrand decided to end his run as Head Coach! Congrats on years at Holy Cross! Who will be the front runner for job?... 80 comments | 25533 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61

    Join Date
    Feb 18
    Posts
    74

    Loss McClendon once, dont think they will risk it to lose him again.
    Advertisement

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Mar 18
    Posts
    107

    McClendon will be the head coach. Friend saw Joe Fredrick at the alumni tournament at Covington Catholic and said he has never talked to anyone at Holy Cross regarding the job. Was very matter of fact that he’s with Ruthsatz. Will be great to get my favorite Holy Cross player as our head coach.

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    9,534

    Quote Originally Posted by balls03 View Post
    McClendon will be the head coach. Friend saw Joe Fredrick at the alumni tournament at Covington Catholic and said he has never talked to anyone at Holy Cross regarding the job. Was very matter of fact that he’s with Ruthsatz. Will be great to get my favorite Holy Cross player as our head coach.
    You said Fredrick would be the coach the other day lol.

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Mar 18
    Posts
    107

    What I was told my man. Obviously bad info but was told this am from someone at Covington Catholic that he has not even talked to anyone at Holy Cross nor would he waste their time.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    585

    When McClendon came back for the 2016-2017 year as assistant, I'm pretty sure most of us know it was because we knew then that Schrand was leaving as soon as his son graduated, and Andre would become the head coach. I would have been very suprised if it didn't happen that way.

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    453

    Quote Originally Posted by #99 View Post
    When McClendon came back for the 2016-2017 year as assistant, I'm pretty sure most of us know it was because we knew then that Schrand was leaving as soon as his son graduated, and Andre would become the head coach. I would have been very suprised if it didn't happen that way.
    Has McClendon been named as Head Coach?

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    585

    Any official word?

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    470

    I've been hearing that McClendon is out of the running for days now. Obviously this is unconfirmed, but it continues to be brought up. If this is true, I'll be disappointed for Andre. I, like many others here, assumed he returned home to take the reigns when Coach Sherand left.

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Posts
    665

    I would have thought that if was going to be Andre, it would not have taken this long to hire him. I have a lot of respect for Andre from the few years he was at Beechwood. Both of my boys loved playing for him.

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    470

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tiger 17 View Post
    I would have thought that if was going to be Andre, it would not have taken this long to hire him. I have a lot of respect for Andre from the few years he was at Beechwood. Both of my boys loved playing for him.
    Same here boss.

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    9,041

    Girls coach hired. No word on boys coach. My understanding is AD handled the girls search and the principal is handling the boys search.

  12. #72

    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Location
    On the wrong side of the river
    Posts
    710

    Quote Originally Posted by SSC View Post
    Girls coach hired. No word on boys coach. My understanding is AD handled the girls search and the principal is handling the boys search.
    Why would they be handled separately?

  13. #73

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    10

    Any rumors or facts around the next Holy Cross Coach, can't believe it's still unfilled

  14. #74
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Walton
    Posts
    2,434

    I heard something but I was totally wrong about the notre Dame girls Job.

  15. #75

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    585

    I hope they are looking for someone who not only is a good coach, but do not have any children coming up through the school. I wouldn't even want someone who is close to the families of the school. Just a great coach with no with no ties to the school what so ever.

Top