Newport Central Catholic 36 Bishop Brossart 30

Page 3 of Originally Posted by TAC Because it was a low scoring game, it was boring to some fans. Those that were not there. Per my prior post.....haters Adverti... 103 comments | 8998 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,411

    Quote Originally Posted by neufdaddy View Post
    I don't ever remember watching a high school basketball game where one team shot only 5 free throws

    Just sayin
    How many are they supposed to shoot?
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,369

    Quote Originally Posted by AndOneDad View Post
    36-30, really? Is that a typo? Either a mutually great defensive effort or a mutually dismal offensive effort?
    You've seen Brossart play defense. NCC was even more aggressive with press and traps. Logan Shultz and his fellow guards were amazing under the pressure. Both teams in your face for 32 minutes with the exception of Brossart going into a zone in the third when Crawford was on the bench. I was amazed that NCC pulled it out for a minute when they had the size advantage.
    It was a challenge for either team to get off an uncontested shot. I'd give credit to both defenses for the poor shooting by the other teams. The 14-15 kids that played last night slept very well last night.

  3. #33
    Vito Corleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,150

    Brossart was up 9 at the end of the 1st I think. What did NCC change after that?

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    You've seen Brossart play defense. NCC was even more aggressive with press and traps. Logan Shultz and his fellow guards were amazing under the pressure. Both teams in your face for 32 minutes with the exception of Brossart going into a zone in the third when Crawford was on the bench. I was amazed that NCC pulled it out for a minute when they had the size advantage.
    It was a challenge for either team to get off an uncontested shot. I'd give credit to both defenses for the poor shooting by the other teams. The 14-15 kids that played last night slept very well last night.
    Exactly my point, NCC pressed the entire game and was whistled for 1 foul in the 3rd quarter ? Lots of contact on both sides but 6-1 in fouls ..... if it was 6-1 the other way you'd hear about that as well

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Bench View Post
    Nope, just messing with your clearly ridiculous post.
    Let's pretend for a moment that I'm not as smart as you, exactly what part was ridiculous ?

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    5,314

    A lot of GCL games that are in the 40s teams shoot less than 10 especially if there is no fouling on purpose when behind at the end.

    If you want to shoot foul shots lobby for a shot clock.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    right here at my desk
    Posts
    919

    Quote Originally Posted by BB guy View Post
    Can anyone say shot clock!!!
    A shot clock would not have benefited this game one bit. If one were present, you would have seen bad shots, or constant shot clock violations. How is that more entertaining?

    I can't imagine few who were there being disappointed with the low score. It was a highly competitive, very exciting game. The outcome wasn't assured until the last 30 seconds of the game.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    78

    Quote Originally Posted by neufdaddy View Post
    Exactly my point, NCC pressed the entire game and was whistled for 1 foul in the 3rd quarter ? Lots of contact on both sides but 6-1 in fouls ..... if it was 6-1 the other way you'd hear about that as well
    By the end of the game it was about even 6-6 until BB had to foul - so should I argue that they called it unfair in the 4th quarter?

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bully View Post
    By the end of the game it was about even 6-6 until BB had to foul - so should I argue that they called it unfair in the 4th quarter?
    NCC applied pressure end to end and had the same number of fouls? Does that seem reasonable to you? Full court pressure the entire game and 1 foul in the 3rd quarter is still very unusual

    I'd expect a team playing defense over the full court to commit more fouls than a team playing a half court defense ....but that's just me

  10. #40
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,416

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    No need for a refund. These 2 teams pounded on each other for 32 minutes. Great game to watch. Defense was intense. It was not a slow down game except for a minute or two early in the third by NCC. Nice win by the Breds with Crawford on the pine for a lot of the game in foul trouble and Hall sitting out for NCC for a concussion.
    I'm sure it was most exhilarating.

  11. #41
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,530

    Quote Originally Posted by Vito Corleone View Post
    Brossart was up 9 at the end of the 1st I think. What did NCC change after that?
    What changed was that NCC scored. When they scored they were able to get into their press, which somewhat neutralized the Mustangs offense.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,074

    Quote Originally Posted by neufdaddy View Post
    Let's pretend for a moment that I'm not as smart as you, exactly what part was ridiculous ?
    Your team lost and all you keep barking about is the officials. Misplaced blame.

    Just saying

    Brossart is simply little brother, always has been, always will be.

    Just saying

  13. #43

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,411

    Quote Originally Posted by neufdaddy View Post
    NCC applied pressure end to end and had the same number of fouls? Does that seem reasonable to you? Full court pressure the entire game and 1 foul in the 3rd quarter is still very unusual

    I'd expect a team playing defense over the full court to commit more fouls than a team playing a half court defense ....but that's just me
    Maybe you should grab a whistle so you can call the games how you like?

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Bench View Post
    Your team lost and all you keep barking about is the officials. Misplaced blame.

    Just saying

    Brossart is simply little brother, always has been, always will be.

    Just saying
    Are you sure you're talking about NCC and Brossart and not Cov Cath and NCC?

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    Maybe you should grab a whistle so you can call the games how you like?
    I guess you logic would also follow that if you're not running for president you can't comment on it?

Top