Newport Central Catholic 36 Bishop Brossart 30

Page 2 of Originally Posted by TAC Because it was a low scoring game, it was boring to some fans. Those that were not there. Per my prior post.....haters Adverti... 103 comments | 9001 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,074

    Quote Originally Posted by neufdaddy View Post
    When is the last time you saw 2 teams hounding each other on defense one one team gets whistled for 1 foul in an entire quarter ?..... Weyer shot more free throws than the Mustang team .... in a 2 possession victory that's huge ....all I'm saying

    The Mustangs lost 2 goes this week where they couldn't make 3s.... in either game one extra 3 per half and the outcome could have been completely different. ...they've shot the 3 well all year
    So their inability to make threes is now the officials fault. Got it.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Bench View Post
    So their inability to make threes is now the officials fault. Got it.
    Clearly reading comprehension is a challenge for you

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    84

    I don't ever remember watching a high school basketball game where one team shot only 5 free throws

    Just sayin

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 13
    Posts
    77

    Quote Originally Posted by neufdaddy View Post
    I don't ever remember watching a high school basketball game where one team shot only 5 free throws

    Just sayin
    You do know Brossart had to start fouling at the end of the game right. Ncc only shot 13 free throws about half of those were at the end of the game when Brossart had to start fouling to put Ncc on the line. So I don't think the refs were to blame in this one. It was two teams that battle the whole night in a great atmosphere up on the hill.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,742

    Shooting a lot of 3's won't get you to the foul line with any regularity.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger13 View Post
    You do know Brossart had to start fouling at the end of the game right. Ncc only shot 13 free throws about half of those were at the end of the game when Brossart had to start fouling to put Ncc on the line. So I don't think the refs were to blame in this one. It was two teams that battle the whole night in a great atmosphere up on the hill.
    So can you remember ever watching a high school game where one team shot only 5 free throws ?

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,369

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger13 View Post
    You do know Brossart had to start fouling at the end of the game right. Ncc only shot 13 free throws about half of those were at the end of the game when Brossart had to start fouling to put Ncc on the line. So I don't think the refs were to blame in this one. It was two teams that battle the whole night in a great atmosphere up on the hill.
    I'm guessing you were not at the game? Weyer did not score in the 4th period. I think He shot all but 4 of their free throws for the game. I think the officials did a solid job. The 3rd foul on Crawford was really cheap. Both teams caught a couple of breaks.
    Just no answer for Weyer. Good luck to both teams in their districts and hopefully regional games.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    84

    I was absolutely at the game and the 3rd and 4th fouls on Crawford were both cheap

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,742

    Quote Originally Posted by neufdaddy View Post
    So can you remember ever watching a high school game where one team shot only 5 free throws ?
    Yep, saw just that last night.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,369

    Quote Originally Posted by neufdaddy View Post
    So can you remember ever watching a high school game where one team shot only 5 free throws ?
    December 10th. Brossart shot 7 and beechwood shot 3. Keep in mind last night 9th region refs were used. It is a different style of play and teams need to adapt to what the refs call.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    197

    Can anyone say shot clock!!!

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    47,462

    Quote Originally Posted by neufdaddy View Post
    When is the last time you saw 2 teams hounding each other on defense one one team gets whistled for 1 foul in an entire quarter ?..... Weyer shot more free throws than the Mustang team .... in a 2 possession victory that's huge ....all I'm saying

    The Mustangs lost 2 goes this week where they couldn't make 3s.... in either game one extra 3 per half and the outcome could have been completely different. ...they've shot the 3 well all year
    Same could be said about NewCath..........the Breds made 6 last night, but they attemped a pot full.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,074

    Quote Originally Posted by neufdaddy View Post
    Clearly reading comprehension is a challenge for you
    Nope, just messing with your clearly ridiculous post.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    47,462

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    I'm guessing you were not at the game? Weyer did not score in the 4th period. I think He shot all but 4 of their free throws for the game. I think the officials did a solid job. The 3rd foul on Crawford was really cheap. Both teams caught a couple of breaks.
    Just no answer for Weyer. Good luck to both teams in their districts and hopefully regional games.
    I said the same thing to the guy I was sitting with, and he agreed as well. However, I agree with you, the Ref's did a solid job.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Augusta, KY
    Posts
    1,236

    36-30, really? Is that a typo? Either a mutually great defensive effort or a mutually dismal offensive effort?

Top