Newport at Campbell County 12/16 Predictions

Page 2 of Originally Posted by CoachW I saw Campbell play at Newport vs Western Hills...If Western Hills had hit a few (great look) shots, the outcome may not ha... 24 comments | 1211 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Newport

    3 25.00%
  • Campbell Co

    9 75.00%
  1. #16

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,411

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachW View Post
    I saw Campbell play at Newport vs Western Hills...If Western Hills had hit a few (great look) shots, the outcome may not have changed, but it would not have been a 16 pt CC win. Playing in the 10th region is always tough, at Brossart there were verrrry many questionable calls...(not to mention the officials letting a kid take a minute to go change his shorts that had blood on them without making Brossart sub or use a T.O.??)

    Not putting that game on the officiating AT ALL, bc Newport turned the ball over and took some horrible shots at key times...Newport and CC game is always a game, I just don't see the blowout.

    Jackson is smooooooth, btw.
    Dude, that was not a even a minute. The kid had his other shorts off before the door closed on the locker room and was back out on the court faster than I could type this.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    59

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Wildcats come in 4-1, while Campbell County comes in 5-0.

    This game can be seen live or on demand at Northern Kentucky High School Sports | Football, Baseball, Volleyball, Basketball under our webcasts link.

    Who wins and why?
    I'll take Newport by 4 if Covington plays and can stay out of foul trouble he will be the x factor tonight..would love to see the matchup of him vs Mullins.. haven't seen much of Newport other bigs..snapped has to take smart shots take care of the ball and defend well. I believe price will have a good game just for the fact it's cc and his senior leadership...but Covington is the key to victory for npt

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    59

    Quote Originally Posted by Theonlyone View Post
    I'll take Newport by 4 if Covington plays and can stay out of foul trouble he will be the x factor tonight..would love to see the matchup of him vs Mullins.. haven't seen much of Newport other bigs..snapped has to take smart shots take care of the ball and defend well. I believe price will have a good game just for the fact it's cc and his senior leadership...but Covington is the key to victory for npt
    Snapp not snapped

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    59

    Quote Originally Posted by Theonlyone View Post
    I'll take Newport by 4 if Covington plays and can stay out of foul trouble he will be the x factor tonight..would love to see the matchup of him vs Mullins.. haven't seen much of Newport other bigs..snapped has to take smart shots take care of the ball and defend well. I believe price will have a good game just for the fact it's cc and his senior leadership...but Covington is the key to victory for npt
    Wilson not Mullins I'm tired been a long day

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Location
    Hebron, KY
    Posts
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    Dude, that was not a even a minute. The kid had his other shorts off before the door closed on the locker room and was back out on the court faster than I could type this.
    ha, rules are rules though. Would've taken a TO away from Brossart, or Newport could've chosen the F.T. shooter if no TO was taken. Kid hit both free throws I believe. In a game that went into double OT, 2 fts make a HUGE difference...a loss is a loss though, Brossart got it done in the end.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,411

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachW View Post
    ha, rules are rules though. Would've taken a TO away from Brossart, or Newport could've chosen the F.T. shooter if no TO was taken. Kid hit both free throws I believe. In a game that went into double OT, 2 fts make a HUGE difference...a loss is a loss though, Brossart got it done in the end.
    It is my understanding of the rules that if the situation can be corrected in a reasonable period of time, the player does not have to leave the game. The length of time that is considered reasonable is at the officials' discretion.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Location
    Hebron, KY
    Posts
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    It is my understanding of the rules that if the situation can be corrected in a reasonable period of time, the player does not have to leave the game. The length of time that is considered reasonable is at the officials' discretion.
    What I stated is the actual rule. If officials can use their own discretion for bending/changing rules, that's new to me. May or may not have made a difference, but Crawford scoring a bazillion points did. If Newport lets Jackson go off like Crawford did...

  8. #23
    Walter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    15,214

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachW View Post
    I saw Campbell play at Newport vs Western Hills...If Western Hills had hit a few (great look) shots, the outcome may not have changed, but it would not have been a 16 pt CC win. Playing in the 10th region is always tough, at Brossart there were verrrry many questionable calls...(not to mention the officials letting a kid take a minute to go change his shorts that had blood on them without making Brossart sub or use a T.O.??)

    Not putting that game on the officiating AT ALL, bc Newport turned the ball over and took some horrible shots at key times...Newport and CC game is always a game, I just don't see the blowout.

    Jackson is smooooooth, btw.
    To be fair, the best officiated game I have seen this year was out at Brossart when Holmes played them.

    It is awful tough to win at Campbell as an out of region team, though.

    I'm in the camp that thinks this won't be a blow out. Price will put a lot of pressure on Jackson so he will have to earn everything tonight.

    Looking forward to this match up.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Big Bone, KY
    Posts
    2,262

    The 16th ranked team in the state (according to bgp) playing the 6th or 7th rated team in the 9th region. Playing at Home. Camels should roll.

  10. #25
    4Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    Petersburg, KY
    Posts
    452

    From what I've seen of Newport, they don't shoot any better than Western Hills. To me, they both look like very similar teams. The biggest difference is Snapp. Western Hills did not have guard play close to his level. I expect a similar outcome tonight as Campbell County's game against Western Hills on Saturday. I do think it will be closer though.

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachW View Post
    I saw Campbell play at Newport vs Western Hills...If Western Hills had hit a few (great look) shots, the outcome may not have changed, but it would not have been a 16 pt CC win. Playing in the 10th region is always tough, at Brossart there were verrrry many questionable calls...(not to mention the officials letting a kid take a minute to go change his shorts that had blood on them without making Brossart sub or use a T.O.??)

    Not putting that game on the officiating AT ALL, bc Newport turned the ball over and took some horrible shots at key times...Newport and CC game is always a game, I just don't see the blowout.

    Jackson is smooooooth, btw.

Top