Newport 65 George Rogers Clark 62 (OT)

  1. #1
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,731

    Newport 65 George Rogers Clark 62 (OT)

    Final from the Traditional Bank Holiday Classic.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,110

    Any stats. I thought the game was tomorrow night. Just now saw the update thread.

  3. #3
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,731

    No stats here. I am riding shotgun with Can'tcoach behind the wheel. Pray for me, BGP.

  4. #4
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,110

    What players for GRC looked good? What happened to our defense?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    193

    Newport is good.

  6. #6
    True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    "First, last and always, I am a teacher." - Jesse Stuart
    Posts
    28,862

  7. #7
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,731

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    What players for GRC looked good? What happened to our defense?
    Canada and Graham played well. Graham needs to assert himself more offensively. Needs to be more scoring oriented.

    Newport was solid from the second quarter on. They handled GRC's pressure relatively well. They have good, long, athletic guards and a splendid big man in Harding.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    952

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    What players for GRC looked good? What happened to our defense?
    You should have come to game, your buddy Scott Humphrey had his team there.

  9. #9
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,110

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Canada and Graham played well. Graham needs to assert himself more offensively. Needs to be more scoring oriented.

    Newport was solid from the second quarter on. They handled GRC's pressure relatively well. They have good, long, athletic guards and a splendid big man in Harding.
    Thanks. I agree about Jordan he does need to be more aggressive on offense. Did Wellman not score much. He can light it up from outside. Also need about 10 from Jenkins

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,023

    Another Top 10th Region team goes down to a 9th Region team on the rise. Certainly not a bad loss for GRC; but, what the hay has happened to our 10th?

  11. #11
    JackieMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Posts
    330

    Nice win Wildcats!

  12. #12
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,576

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    Another Top 10th Region team goes down to a 9th Region team on the rise. Certainly not a bad loss for GRC; but, what the hay has happened to our 10th?
    Our 10th just isn’t real strong this season.

  13. #13
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,731

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Thanks. I agree about Jordan he does need to be more aggressive on offense. Did Wellman not score much. He can light it up from outside. Also need about 10 from Jenkins
    Wellman played decent and so did Jenkins, but Jenkins missed a big front end down the stretch.

    I think GRC is there defensively. Need some scoring, in my opinion.

  14. #14
    B-Ball-fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    13,551

    This is a real nice statement win for the Wildcats. With Campbell Co. and GRC being pretty much on equal footing, and CC having clobbered Newport recently, this speaks volumes of the leaps and bounds these hot Wildcats are making while finding ways to win the close battles against decent opponents.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    403

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Wellman played decent and so did Jenkins, but Jenkins missed a big front end down the stretch.

    I think GRC is there defensively. Need some scoring, in my opinion.
    According to the update thread, Wellman didn't do much. Sounds like Newport did what they needed to do defensively in holding GRC in check. Doesn't seem like there is anything wrong with GRC in regards to scoring as they average 68/gm according to KHSAA, they just weren't able to do it tonight. Their defense is also really nice, but couldn't get stops when they needed to tonight.

Top