Montgomery County 52 George Rogers Clark 51

Page 2 of Originally Posted by Rez I think Fuller is the best PG in the region. GRC had 21 more attempts from the field than Montgomery Co. I have no idea how th... 30 comments | 2029 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,171

    Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    I think Fuller is the best PG in the region.

    GRC had 21 more attempts from the field than Montgomery Co. I have no idea how that happened.

    This was the best the Indians have done at getting the ball inside to Combs. He scored several points in the post and Fuller did a great job of getting to the basket in the first half which helped get them a 2 point lead going into the half, despite only shooting 2-8 from 3 in the first two frames.

    GRC couldn't hit anything between the first couple minutes of the first half and the last minute of the game. They hit their first 3 shots, and also scored 3 baskets (9 points) in the last minute of the game, but in between there it was tough for GRC to get anything to go down.
    MoCo had no 3's in the first Q but had 2 each quarter in the 2,3 and 4th.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,171

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCM View Post
    And its always good to see my friend Goldie!
    So good to see you too. I have missed you and your family. Enjoyed watching part of the game with you!!!!!

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,275

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    I pity the guy that has to rank the 10th Region teams next time around.
    Number 1 shouldn't be hard. Whoever wins the A, tomm. night could be Number 2

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    16,083

    After Mason County at #1 you can put the other 10th region teams in a hat and draw them out!

  5. #20
    MNCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    'can you keep it down? I'm trying to drink." - Don Draper
    Posts
    5,140

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblueinsanity View Post
    After Mason County at #1 you can put the other 10th region teams in a hat and draw them out!
    ^^This

  6. #21
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,925

    Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    I think Fuller is the best PG in the region.

    GRC had 21 more attempts from the field than Montgomery Co. I have no idea how that happened.

    This was the best the Indians have done at getting the ball inside to Combs. He scored several points in the post and Fuller did a great job of getting to the basket in the first half which helped get them a 2 point lead going into the half, despite only shooting 2-8 from 3 in the first two frames.

    GRC couldn't hit anything between the first couple minutes of the first half and the last minute of the game. They hit their first 3 shots, and also scored 3 baskets (9 points) in the last minute of the game, but in between there it was tough for GRC to get anything to go down.

    Thanks for the game summary.

    As was the case last year, it seems like Clark often struggles putting the ball in the hole, but their defense keeps them in the game.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Mt. Sterling
    Posts
    2,557

    Montgomery Co. 10 14 17 11 52
    Clark Co. 14 9 16 12 51
    Montgomery Co. (8-7) -- Hodsgen 9, Fuller 11, Walker 15, Chism 3, Parsley 5, Combs 9.
    Clark Co. (12-5) -- Israel 2, Cornelius 4, King 18, Anderson 3, Greene 11, Jones 2, Davis 2, Menchen 9.

    Read more here: Latest high school boys' basketball scores | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

  8. #23
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,925

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCM View Post
    It was a great atmosphere in Winchester tonight. Rivalry games always bring a big crowd and great feeling in the gym. Congrats to MoCo on getting the win.

    40th district is W-I-D-E open................
    I wouldn;t have dreamed it even a couple of weeks ago but it sure is shaping up that way.

    I'm gonna have to get over there and put some names to some faces.

  9. #24
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,171

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    I wouldn;t have dreamed it even a couple of weeks ago but it sure is shaping up that way.

    I'm gonna have to get over there and put some names to some faces.
    We have only played 4 home games and only have 6 left. I will buy you a Ale-8...

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    70

    Cas is part prewitt. Yall remember.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    574

    GRC is 12-5

    18 points

    Lost by 3 to Madison Central
    Lost by 6 to Dixie Heights
    Lost by 1 to West Jessamine
    Lost by 7 to Harrison County
    Lost by 1 to Montgomery County

    Guarantee that Montgomery County shot better than 50% and GRC shot around 33%.

    Can't beat teams when your opponent makes every other shot and you make every third shot.

  12. #27
    polarbear98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    The Igloo, and the Glacier
    Posts
    4,028

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblueinsanity View Post
    After Mason County at #1 you can put the other 10th region teams in a hat and draw them out!
    Truest statement I've read this morning...... But it's still early.

    Honestly I saw GRC winning this by 5-7. So I'm somewhat surprised by this one. Great win for MoCo.

  13. #28
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    congrats to MoCo on the win. You really must have shot lights out.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,735

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    congrats to MoCo on the win. You really must have shot lights out.
    They shot fine (6-14 from 3) but I think their ability to get points in the paint was a bigger key in this game. The Indians shot 12-18 from inside the arc.

  15. #30
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,171

    Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    They shot fine (6-14 from 3) but I think their ability to get points in the paint was a bigger key in this game. The Indians shot 12-18 from inside the arc.
    We are so small we have trouble with teams that have size inside, we don't have much size. We ate very athletic, quick but small.

Top