Montgomery County 2015/1016

  1. #1
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,207

    Montgomery County 2015/1016

    Basketball season for 2015/2016 should provide another exciting year. What should we expect from Montgomery County. Remember, please be constructive.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    IMO, #2 team in region behind Campbell.

    Loaded with weapons (Walker, Fuller, Combs)

    Shelby has been playing Varsity ball for what, 13 years now?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    Strap, make it a good one.
    Posts
    601

    I thought he was hurt. The GRC transfer will make them more athletic...after losing in the semis last year they will make some noise late in the year.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,735

    Quote Originally Posted by HICKORY View Post
    I thought he was hurt. The GRC transfer will make them more athletic...after losing in the semis last year they will make some noise late in the year.
    Combs has been out the entire football season with an injury. Last I heard he should be back for basketball, but I haven't heard anything in a while.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    1,533

    I would guess they would start Walker, Parsley, Combs, Jones and Fuller.

    Thats is a nice starting group. After that I'm not sure what they have for a bench this year.

    Jones does give them some much needed athleticism, but I still think this team will be a half court team on offence.

    Defensively I don't see them pressing much if any.
    Last edited by gold sunrise; Oct 27, 15 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Rule #13

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,735

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRanger View Post
    I would guess they would start Walker, Parsley, Combs, Jones and Fuller.

    Thats is a nice starting group. After that I'm not sure what they have for a bench this year.

    Jones does give them some much needed athleticism, but I still think this team will be a half court team on offence.

    Defensively I don't see them pressing much if any.
    Definitely agree they've got a very strong starting lineup. There is no proven depth as only Smith and Wise saw any meaningful minutes last season, and those minutes were very few and situational.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    1,098

    Lost first game of district right? Who is favorite in their district? Where is district held?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,735

    Quote Originally Posted by 8th Region Warrior View Post
    Lost first game of district right? Who is favorite in their district? Where is district held?
    I think most would agree that Montgomery Co is the favorite with Paris not far behind. GRC is kind of a wild card, but I don't think anyone would be surprised if they are a threat by the end of the season.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    1,533

    Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    I think most would agree that Montgomery Co is the favorite with Paris not far behind. GRC is kind of a wild card, but I don't think anyone would be surprised if they are a threat by the end of the season.
    I think this is spot on. I don't see any team running the table in this district.

    The #1 team in November could easily be the #3 or 4 team in March.

    GRC will be the wildcard, I can see them losing early district games, thus falling to a 3 seed at tournament time. But they also could be the best team by then.

    BC is much better coached now, so those district games may not automatic wins for anyone.

    All in all it should be a very competitive district.
    Last edited by TexasRanger; Oct 29, 15 at 11:28 AM. Reason: add text

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Mt. Sterling
    Posts
    2,557

    Doesn't Paris have several players that could still be playing football late into November? I know Montgomery County has Walker and Parsley that will at least still be playing football through November 6th.

  11. #11
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,714

    Quote Originally Posted by mcraycraft View Post
    Doesn't Paris have several players that could still be playing football late into November?
    Yes. I don't know how many, but I know Koebe Garrard is one of them.

  12. #12
    polarbear98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    The Igloo, and the Glacier
    Posts
    4,028

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Yes. I don't know how many, but I know Koebe Garrard is one of them.
    Garrard, Wells, Clarke, 3 Dumphords. Off the top of my head.

  13. #13
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,714

    Quote Originally Posted by polarbear98 View Post
    Garrard, Wells, Clarke, 3 Dumphords. Off the top of my head.
    That might be 4 of 5 starters.

  14. #14
    polarbear98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    The Igloo, and the Glacier
    Posts
    4,028

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    That might be 4 of 5 starters.
    I believe so.

Top