Model 73 Lee County 17

  1. #1
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    Wrigley Field
    Posts
    18,203

    Model 73 Lee County 17

    Final from Berea Tip Off Classic
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    52,021

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    Final from Berea Tip Off Classic


    Is that the real score or a typing error???

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Posts
    407

    It's real, Lee Co has lost with a similar score 2 or 3 times already this year.

  4. #4
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    Wrigley Field
    Posts
    18,203

    Lee County has lost several of their players from last year including their best returning player, Joe Shelton.

  5. #5
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    58,109

    Quote Originally Posted by region12hoops View Post
    It's real, Lee Co has lost with a similar score 2 or 3 times already this year.
    Struggling mightily.

    Nov 27, 17 Jackson City home (L) 31 - 81
    Nov 28, 17 Wolfe County home (L) 20 - 100
    Nov 30, 17 Buckhorn home (L) 26 - 88
    Dec 1, 17 Model at Berea (L) 17 - 73

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,056

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Struggling mightily.

    Nov 27, 17 Jackson City home (L) 31 - 81
    Nov 28, 17 Wolfe County home (L) 20 - 100
    Nov 30, 17 Buckhorn home (L) 26 - 88
    Dec 1, 17 Model at Berea (L) 17 - 73
    not a real tough schedule so far, either.

  7. #7
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,115

    I don’t know exactly what’s happening at Lee but I know the coach very well. I haven’t talked to him lately though.

    I heard from another Lee Countian that the team they have now are all very young and inexperienced. Most of their older players have either decided not to play this year or have quit the team since the season began. One of their players, their best one, didn’t enroll this year. The guy I spoke with wasn’t sure if he was at another school or not.
    If I had to guess, going by such lopsided scores, Coach Perdue is probably playing a lot of middle school and 9th grade kids and rebuilding for the future. I hear they have a very good middle school team, so maybe in a couple of years they will be competitive again.

    I will say this much though, this is NOT Lee County. Our two schools are located only 11 miles apart and we’ve been in the same district and had a rivalry since the first sanctioned high school basketball in Kentucky. They have always had good basketball and a good fan base, and have won the 14th region twice (1968 and 1973), with one of their ‘68 stars, Larry Stamper, playing for UK.

    The Bobcats won’t be down long.

  8. #8
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    Wrigley Field
    Posts
    18,203

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I don’t know exactly what’s happening at Lee but I know the coach very well. I haven’t talked to him lately though.

    I heard from another Lee Countian that the team they have now are all very young and inexperienced. Most of their older players have either decided not to play this year or have quit the team since the season began. One of their players, their best one, didn’t enroll this year. The guy I spoke with wasn’t sure if he was at another school or not.
    If I had to guess, going by such lopsided scores, Coach Perdue is probably playing a lot of middle school and 9th grade kids and rebuilding for the future. I hear they have a very good middle school team, so maybe in a couple of years they will be competitive again.

    I will say this much though, this is NOT Lee County. Our two schools are located only 11 miles apart and we’ve been in the same district and had a rivalry since the first sanctioned high school basketball in Kentucky. They have always had good basketball and a good fan base, and have won the 14th region twice (1968 and 1973), with one of their ‘68 stars, Larry Stamper, playing for UK.

    The Bobcats won’t be down long.

    I remember when Lee County had Kenny Brandenburg, Aaron Charles and all of those good players, man they were throttling everyone they played until here recently, the tide started turning in the other direction where Lee County was getting throttled.

Top