Mercer County 84 Montgomery County 51

  1. #1
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,847

    Mercer County 84 Montgomery County 51

    Final
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,211

    Any stats

  3. #3
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,128

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Any stats
    I'll try to find some.

  4. #4
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,128

    From my dude Daarik Gray: Mercer County-Trevon Faulkner 31, Malik Dow 15, Dylan James 15, Will Hager 9, Drew Davis 5, Alijah Mink 4, Rhyan Lanham 3, Andrew Bray 2.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Mt. Sterling
    Posts
    2,557

    Mercer Co. 84
    Montgomery Co. 51
    Montgomery Co. 15 8 14 12 51
    Mercer Co. 17 22 15 30 84
    Montgomery Co. (13-7) -- Canada 1, Fuller 7, Walker 3, Parsley 11, Jones 23, Combs 6.
    Mercer Co. (20-0) -- Dow 15, Faulkner 31, Hager 9, Lanham 3, Mink 4, James 15, Davis 5.

    Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-...#storylink=cpy

  6. #6
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,847

    So much for my thinking Montgomery would keep it closer. Sounds like the Indians ran into a buzzsaw.

  7. #7
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,554

    Fuller and Walker for 10 combined. Were they shut down, or did they sit once things got out of hand?

  8. #8
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,128

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Fuller and Walker for 10 combined. Were they shut down, or did they sit once things got out of hand?
    I'm not sure which players they were but as a team Montgomery County shot the ball poorly tonight. Good looks, they just didn't make baskets. They shoot a whole lot of threes.

  9. #9
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,128

    I did like the PG for Montgomery County. #10. Good player.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,735

    The more I see Faulkner the more I'm convinced he's a top 10 player in the state. Maybe top 5. As a team, they are for real.

    As was mentioned, the Indians didn't shoot it well. Some of that is a credit to the defense, and some to an off night. Also missed some gimmies. On the positive side, Jones was great inside, scoring pretty much every time he got the ball inside.

    Mercer lead by 2 after the first, and it was only about a 6 point game late in the second, but Mercer went on a run to go up 16 at halftime. It stayed in the high teens until into the fourth at which point the Indians tried to press, and ended up giving up a lot of easy baskets in transition where the lead ballooned to 30.

  11. #11
    polarbear98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    The Igloo, and the Glacier
    Posts
    4,028

    Art Walker (#12) with only 3. He is a key piece to the MoCo puzzle and when he only has 3 points for the game that's usually detrimental to the Indians efforts.

    Fuller (#10) is one on if not the best true PG in the 10th from the assist and ball handling perspective. Very high basketball IQ.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Posts
    344

    Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    The more I see Faulkner the more I'm convinced he's a top 10 player in the state. Maybe top 5. As a team, they are for real.

    As was mentioned, the Indians didn't shoot it well. Some of that is a credit to the defense, and some to an off night. Also missed some gimmies. On the positive side, Jones was great inside, scoring pretty much every time he got the ball inside.

    Mercer lead by 2 after the first, and it was only about a 6 point game late in the second, but Mercer went on a run to go up 16 at halftime. It stayed in the high teens until into the fourth at which point the Indians tried to press, and ended up giving up a lot of easy baskets in transition where the lead ballooned to 30.
    He's Top 5 in the State. Faulkner is the real deal. and he just turned 15 I heard.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    1,533

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I'm not sure which players they were but as a team Montgomery County shot the ball poorly tonight. Good looks, they just didn't make baskets. They shoot a whole lot of threes.
    They shoot in some games close to 30 three's, crazy/fun to watch at the hs level.

    Jones continues to score no matter who the opponent is. Kid works hard on both ends.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    713

    Jerryd Jones was 11/15 from the field.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Posts
    159

    Quote Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post
    He's Top 5 in the State. Faulkner is the real deal. and he just turned 15 I heard.
    Getting ready to turn 16 but young compared to the other top sophomores he is compared to that turned 17 way before the season started.

Top