Mercer County 70 Boyle County 51

Page 4 of Originally Posted by thunder1 Who won the JV game? Mercer County. Their JV team is loaded with talent also.... 54 comments | 4142 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,416

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    3,163

    Quote Originally Posted by 15th Region View Post
    He is in 7th grade this year.
    Wow! Thanks

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,735

    Quote Originally Posted by endzone 2 View Post
    James can be locked down with man to man defense he is to slow, proven last night. But the plays you give up to the rest of the team by playing man is hard to defend. Catch 22. It will take an athletic team to beat mercer, like North Hardin, but the 12 region gets tough and intense one bad night and you go home. Boyle almost went home in the first round of the district last year. And you no Southwestern remembers Mercer putting them out the last 2 years.
    The the main thing I don't think we've seen from Mercer is how they would handle an athletic opponent. The better teams they've played this year aren't extremely athletic.

  4. #49
    85_Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Boyle Co.
    Posts
    2,294

    I'm just gonna put it out there. If you are a referee and have to break-up a "skirmish" on the floor, you should at least blow your whistle and stop the game. That was a poorly handled situation by the ref. Hope he learns from it.

  5. #50
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,416

    Quote Originally Posted by 85_Rebel View Post
    I'm just gonna put it out there. If you are a referee and have to break-up a "skirmish" on the floor, you should at least blow your whistle and stop the game. That was a poorly handled situation by the ref. Hope he learns from it.
    I'm still a little in disbelief haha

  6. #51

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,140

    Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    The the main thing I don't think we've seen from Mercer is how they would handle an athletic opponent. The better teams they've played this year aren't extremely athletic.
    They have faced athleticism this year but not an athletic team that's also very good. But, this team is at its best playing up-tempo. Most athletic high school teams like to play up-tempo to maximum their advantage. Point being that I think Mercer would fare better against a really good team that is athletic than a really good team that plays a methodical style.

    For what it's worth, they played several athletic teams over the summer and fared very well.

  7. #52
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,408

    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    They have faced athleticism this year but not an athletic team that's also very good. But, this team is at its best playing up-tempo. Most athletic high school teams like to play up-tempo to maximum their advantage. Point being that I think Mercer would fare better against a really good team that is athletic than a really good team that plays a methodical style.

    For what it's worth, they played several athletic teams over the summer and fared very well.
    I know Dunbar routed Lafayette last week, but I'm looking forward to the Mercer/Lafayette game. Lafayette is a bit different than any of the top teams in the 12th Region. Should be a really good game.

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    228

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    I know Dunbar routed Lafayette last week, but I'm looking forward to the Mercer/Lafayette game. Lafayette is a bit different than any of the top teams in the 12th Region. Should be a really good game.

    Southwestern did play and beat Lafayette in an uptempo game. Southwestern pretty much controlled it. I would expect Mercer to do the same. Lafayette does have a nice team though with a deep bench and certainly think it will be a good game.

  9. #54
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,146

    Quote Originally Posted by PulaskiAlum View Post
    Southwestern did play and beat Lafayette in an uptempo game. Southwestern pretty much controlled it. I would expect Mercer to do the same. Lafayette does have a nice team though with a deep bench and certainly think it will be a good game.
    IMO Southwestern and Mercer County are at their best in uptempo games. Saying that means that when they meet the score will be 40-39.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    228

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    IMO Southwestern and Mercer County are at their best in uptempo games. Saying that means that when they meet the score will be 40-39.
    Have yet to see Mercer but 100% agree with you about that on SW

Top