Mason County 67 Boyd County 54

  1. #1
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,602

    Mason County 67 Boyd County 54

    Final from The Fieldhouse. Fairly close throughout, final score was probably the widest margin in the game. Pig Williams led the Royals with 23, Darren Williams had something like 15 and Connor Sweeney with 10. Big kid (Kenser?) had 21 to lead the Lions. DWill tweaked an ankle late, I don't know if he can go against Rowan County tomorrow night or not.

    Key stat tonight was the Royals' defense holding the Lions to 25% shooting from the field. Kenser was having his way down low early in the game, Coach Biggs changed things up a bit by going with a bigger lineup and put Ty Fox on Kenser. Kenser really had to work to score from then on and probably tired a bit down the stretch. Fox with a big 9 points and 7 boards off the bench.

    Royals 12-22 from the stripe; gotta get that shored up. Luckily it didn't cost them tonight.

    Ol' pap got there just in time to see the JV Royals win 58-57 on a last second three.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    10,896

    Mason--A. Williams 23, Fox 9, D. Williams 15, Henry 6, Garrison 4, Sweeney 10.

    Boyd's--Anderson 13, Evans 6, Kenser 21, Smith 2, Mullen 2, Robinson 10.

  3. #3
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,602

    Holding Anderson and Smith to 15 combined was big.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    499

    This Game sum`s up Greenup`s season. You never know ,what you`ll get.

  5. #5
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,602

    Quote Originally Posted by X`s and O`s View Post
    This Game sum`s up Greenup`s season. You never know ,what you`ll get.
    Gotta admit that I'm a bit lost.

  6. #6
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,602

    Game story from the Maysville paper.

    Lions roar no more

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    499

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Gotta admit that I'm a bit lost.
    Greenup beat Mason by 10 or so, than lost to Boyd by 15. Than Mason beats Boyd 13. Just saying Greenup is so up and down, Can beat a good Mason team , than lose to a 500% Boyd team bad. I know teams don't play there best every game, but it`s like Greenup is Good or Bad. No middle , Mason more than beat Ashland, Greenup didn't. My point is, with Greenup its like you have no idea witch why they will play.

  8. #8
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,602

    Quote Originally Posted by X`s and O`s View Post
    Greenup beat Mason by 10 or so, than lost to Boyd by 15. Than Mason beats Boyd 13. Just saying Greenup is so up and down, Can beat a good Mason team , than lose to a 500% Boyd team bad. I know teams don't play there best every game, but it`s like Greenup is Good or Bad. No middle , Mason more than beat Ashland, Greenup didn't. My point is, with Greenup its like you have no idea witch why they will play.
    Okay, makes a little more sense.

    Even so, I don't do a whole lot of "score-comparing". Matchups mean a lot.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Location
    Arlen, Texas
    Posts
    215

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Final from The Fieldhouse. Fairly close throughout, final score was probably the widest margin in the game. Pig Williams led the Royals with 23, Darren Williams had something like 15 and Connor Sweeney with 10. Big kid (Kenser?) had 21 to lead the Lions. DWill tweaked an ankle late, I don't know if he can go against Rowan County tomorrow night or not.

    Key stat tonight was the Royals' defense holding the Lions to 25% shooting from the field. Kenser was having his way down low early in the game, Coach Biggs changed things up a bit by going with a bigger lineup and put Ty Fox on Kenser. Kenser really had to work to score from then on and probably tired a bit down the stretch. Fox with a big 9 points and 7 boards off the bench.

    Royals 12-22 from the stripe; gotta get that shored up. Luckily it didn't cost them tonight.

    Ol' pap got there just in time to see the JV Royals win 58-57 on a last second three.
    That was an exciting ending to an exciting game!

  10. #10
    JDEaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    8,804

    Quote Originally Posted by X`s and O`s View Post
    This Game sum`s up Greenup`s season. You never know ,what you`ll get.
    To me it's a testament to how up and down both the 10th and 16th is this year. You really don't know what your gonna get on a given night from 90% of the teams in those two regions this season.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    499

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Okay, makes a little more sense.

    Even so, I don't do a whole lot of "score-comparing". Matchups mean a lot.
    Match ups do mean a lot, and that's where a good coach makes the right moves to give his team the best chance to win. Unless Greenup plays a team that has a big or 2, they match up well with all others. I also think comparing scores is big, when there wasn't a match up problem. IN this case Greenup matched up well with Ashland and Boyd,, Mike Hubbert got hurt early in Boyd game, didn't help. I think both ways can compare .

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    499

    Quote Originally Posted by JDEaston View Post
    To me it's a testament to how up and down both the 10th and 16th is this year. You really don't know what your gonna get on a given night from 90% of the teams in those two regions this season.
    Very true , And you was big on coach Biggs leaving , and Howell being a great pick . So far so good, and Good call on that. I thought it was crazy, but Howell out coached Tackett , witch is not much to brag about. The cats have won more than I thought they would.. Sorry got off topic on this thread ,

  13. #13
    JDEaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    8,804

    Quote Originally Posted by X`s and O`s View Post
    Very true , And you was big on coach Biggs leaving , and Howell being a great pick . So far so good, and Good call on that. I thought it was crazy, but Howell out coached Tackett , witch is not much to brag about. The cats have won more than I thought they would.. Sorry got off topic on this thread ,
    I've known Jeremy for years, he's a good kid and knows the game. He will do great at Ashland. As a testament to how up and down this region is, Ashland struggled to beat a Fairview team tonight that they clobbered earlier in the season. IMO, things will get better for Greenup and Ashland both in the coming years.

Top