Mason County 62 Montgomery County 57

Page 2 of Final from the 10th region.... 70 comments | 5317 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Posts
    606

    Thought the T on Harris was a horrible call. The missed free throws hurt. I have said it before and still think there was a chemistry issue on this team and I don't think it was just with the coach.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Posts
    994

    Quote Originally Posted by colonelfan2001 View Post
    Wise was in way over his head! Home court, it was theirs to lose!
    So, Mason County is the favorite 2 out of every 4 years by the home court thought? So, I guess O'Hearn was in over his head last year when Clark County won.

    From what I was told, Wise's resume includes over 200 wins, two Final 4 appearances while coaching in Florida and 21 wins last year at Frankfort -- a school that won 23 combined the 3 years before that.

    I am guessing you must know Coach Wise and have a personal vendetta against him or know someone you felt should have gotten the job when Griesser left. Keep in mind, he took over a team that was 15-15 last year and 47-43 over the last 3 years. I understand some people felt Montgomery was the favorite going into the season, but those same people had Pendleton No. 2 and Clark 6 or 7. Oops, it was obviously all wrong this year.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Posts
    23

    wise ran a lot of talented kids of this year is what i'm hearing.

  4. #19
    MNCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    'can you keep it down? I'm trying to drink." - Don Draper
    Posts
    4,258

    Quote Originally Posted by boonesp View Post
    Thought the T on Harris was a horrible call. The missed free throws hurt. I have said it before and still think there was a chemistry issue on this team and I don't think it was just with the coach.
    I have heard this too from several people. Regardless, best of luck to the Seniors (espevially Jake Handshoe). He will make a college choice soon and be an excellent addition to any squad.

  5. #20
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    50,556

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Maybe the officials don't see too many made 3-pointers in the 16th.
    Obviously not, sort of like 10th region officials don't see 3pt shooters fouled.

  6. #21
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    49,303

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCM View Post
    I have heard this too from several people. Regardless, best of luck to the Seniors (espevially Jake Handshoe). He will make a college choice soon and be an excellent addition to any squad.
    Loved to watch Handshoe play. I for one will miss seeing him play. Best of luck Jake !!!!

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    8,026

    From an outsider's perspective, it seems that when all is said and done, Mason is there every year..........or just about.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Posts
    37

    Quote Originally Posted by allstarwinners View Post
    wise ran a lot of talented kids of this year is what i'm hearing.
    It seems funny to me that the people posting these comments are from Clark County.
    I've been following the MC program from Rison to Griesser to Wise and I don't know what talented kids Wise ran off. Basically the same team players this year that played for Griesser last year. SO PROUD of our team! You would be hard pressed to find more character and better sportsmanship from any other team in Kentucky and that's what matters in life. Congrats on a great season we're so proud of you all!

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 10
    Posts
    27

    Rainman is right on the money. Wise is a good coach, and his resume speaks for itself. Montgomery Co. is in good hands.
    10th region didn't quite turn out as everyone predicted, but the big dogs made it back to the top. Congrats to Mason Co. Should be a great game tomorrow night!

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 11
    Posts
    182

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCM View Post
    I have heard this too from several people. Regardless, best of luck to the Seniors (espevially Jake Handshoe). He will make a college choice soon and be an excellent addition to any squad.
    Where has he had offers from?

  11. #26
    MNCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    'can you keep it down? I'm trying to drink." - Don Draper
    Posts
    4,258

    Quote Originally Posted by Former Wildcat View Post
    Where has he had offers from?
    I know of a solid offer from Alice Lloyd. Ivy League Columbia is deep in the picture, and there is one other school from TN whose name I cant remember. I would expect a couple more offeres to come in as well.

  12. #27
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    49,303

    Quote Originally Posted by xtramile View Post
    It seems funny to me that the people posting these comments are from Clark County.
    I've been following the MC program from Rison to Griesser to Wise and I don't know what talented kids Wise ran off. Basically the same team players this year that played for Griesser last year. SO PROUD of our team! You would be hard pressed to find more character and better sportsmanship from any other team in Kentucky and that's what matters in life. Congrats on a great season we're so proud of you all!
    Not from this GRC fan. I have the highest respect for Coach Wise. Montgomery Co will be fine. I can see them coming out next year really hungry to win the 10th region and doing so.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Mar 02
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    1,402

    I have nothing against Wise. Just an observation from a basketball fan that watches a lot of ball. Something just didn't click with this team. They were the overwhelming favorite preseason to win the 10th.

  14. #29
    mcraycraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Mt. Sterling
    Posts
    2,484

    Quote Originally Posted by colonelfan2001 View Post
    I have nothing against Wise. Just an observation from a basketball fan that watches a lot of ball. Something just didn't click with this team. They were the overwhelming favorite preseason to win the 10th.
    I like how we were the "overwhelming" favorite, but everyone stated all year how the 10th was "wide open". Maybe it was "overwhelmingly wide open". I will be the first to admit that I was hoping this would be the first of a few runs to Rupp, but GRC has surprised everyone (but the GRC faithful) and Mason County is a completely different team with Black and Harris back from injuries. Harris's 2 three pointers were killers last night as well as our 7 missed free throws.
    I like Coach Wise. He knows how to coach. He has several young players coming up that will make some noise. Already looking forward to next year!

  15. #30
    mcraycraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Mt. Sterling
    Posts
    2,484

    Mason County

    Hamm 9 pts 1 reb
    Henry 6 pts
    Walton 1 reb
    Harris 10 pts 1 reb
    Osborne 2 pts 1 reb
    Black 19 pts 5 rebs
    Chambers 6 pts 7 rebs
    Johnson 10 pts 2 rebs

    FG% 59.1
    3pt% 36.4
    FT% 54.5

    Montgomery County

    Prewitt 24 pts 11 rebs
    Crisp 7 pts 4 rebs
    Handshoe 11 pts 2 rebs
    Fruth 9 pts 3 rebs
    Jones 3 pts 5 rebs
    Kelly 3 pts 2 rebs

    FG% 42.3
    3pt% 27.8
    FT% 53.3

    Mason County 15 17 18 12 62
    Montgomery County 15 11 21 10 57

Top