When posting links to 3rd party websites, all members must comply with the following:
1. Copyrights and content usage guidelines - As a general rule, no more than 25% of the actual content of any 3rd party article/story/content/link can be re-posted directly to BGP.
2. Quoted articles/stories/content must be accompanied by a properly operating link to the original source of the content being shared to BGP.
3. When any member posts a link to a 3rd party website, that link MUST be accompanied by meaningful commentary in the post explaining why the link has been shared
. This is intended to provide insight about the link without forcing anyone to leave BGP in order to understand the subject matter, as well as continuing to generate organic discussion in the thread rather than completely directing attention elsewhere. Meaningful commentary could include questions (one simple question will not be sufficient) intended to stem discussion, it can be a personal observation about topic of the link, or it could simply be a summary in the member’s own words about what is contained in the link.
4. Videos and photographs being posted on BGP from 3rd party websites must be posted in accordance with the proper copyright and/or registered trademarks associated with those videos and photographs. Additionally, any photos or videos must be accompanied by meaningful commentary when they are posted.
5. If anyone is in violation of our Link Policy, please report the post using the “Report Post” feature – the triangular “!” icon located in the bottom left-hand side of every post. Or, if anyone that is not a member of BGP feels that someone is in violation of our Link Policy, please contact theguru at: firstname.lastname@example.org
to report any violations.