Lincoln County 66 Wayne County 64

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    3,117

    Lincoln County 66 Wayne County 64

    Final from Stanford. Anyone have any info?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Timmy Taylor had 33 points

  3. #3
    silo11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Western KY
    Posts
    2,708

    Would loved to have been there to watch this one. I also want the chance to see Timmy Taylor

  4. #4
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,180

    12/9/2014
    Lincoln Co. 66
    Wayne Co. 64
    Wayne Co. 6 14 24 20 64
    Lincoln Co. 20 10 20 16 66
    Wayne Co. (1-1) -- Woods 15, Blevins 15, Stearns 22, Gillispie 4, Baker 6, Shelton 2.
    Lincoln Co. (4-0) -- Taylor 33, Conley 3, Pittman 5, Hoover 5, Young 2, Conway 17, Wilks 1.

    Latest high school boys' basketball scores | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

  5. #5
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,794

    Corey Stearns was called for a charging foul with Wayne County down two points and about 24 seconds left. Blevins and Woods had both fouled out. When Stearns was called for the charge he lost his composure and got a technical foul. I think Conway hit the technical FTs to make it a 4 point game. Wayne County hit a shot at the buzzer to make it 66-64 Final.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    200

    Wayne had no answer for Timmy Taylor, he did whatever he wanted on whoever he wanted. They put every guy that played on him with no success. Timmy could of had 40 if he had hit his free throws. Lincoln is gonna be tough to beat when you play them at there place. Wayne County didn't shoot it well tonight, and they have NO bench. If they get in foul trouble it's over. Corey Stearns played well for them tonight on both ends of the floor. I think BJ Hoover and Pittman did a hell of a job on Woods from Wayne, they was in his face all night and made him take tough shots all night. Pittman for Lincoln does all the dirty work for them, that kid is tough!

  7. #7
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,794

    Lincoln County missed about 9 FTs in the 4th quarter. They controlled the whole game and free throws almost did them in at the very end.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    danville,ky
    Posts
    407

    Oh please BL6 let's hear your take on this game!! We are waiting. Lol. Sounds like Lincoln almost blew it missing all those FT at the end. Would like to see the charge call at the end of the game! Good win for Lincoln. They are tough to beat at Home. With region being there they will have a big advantage. Just don't think it's right only 2 schools host region.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    52

    Quote Originally Posted by BC23 View Post
    Oh please BL6 let's hear your take on this game!! We are waiting. Lol. Sounds like Lincoln almost blew it missing all those FT at the end. Would like to see the charge call at the end of the game! Good win for Lincoln. They are tough to beat at Home. With region being there they will have a big advantage. Just don't think it's right only 2 schools host region.
    Early regular season game. Two point loss away from home. I think it is the type of game that will make both teams better. Maybe we should be playing Burgin like the black and gold? Check out the final score. For all the talk of how well Lincoln played and how unstoppable Timmy Taylor is, Wayne won three out of four quarters. It came down to a 50/50 call and the Dyehouse woman calling a technical from halfway across the court because she thinks one of the players made a comment about the call. She says she can read lips. lol Two of the big three starters fouled out. How many were sitting for Linclon? I think we are going to be just fine. lol

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    52

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Lincoln County missed about 9 FTs in the 4th quarter. They controlled the whole game and free throws almost did them in at the very end.
    Don't mean to bust your bubble but Wayne won three out of the four quarters. Controlling the whole game means you win every quarter. To win by two is one of the slimmest margins you can win by. A 50/50 call and a ridiculous technical called by a referee who was awful making one sided calls in the girls game in the first game of the double header isn't much to crow about. Wayne didn't play well in the first quarter but controlled the rest of the game. Taylor shot lights out and his team won by two. Scary isn't it?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    52

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent33 View Post
    Wayne had no answer for Timmy Taylor, he did whatever he wanted on whoever he wanted. They put every guy that played on him with no success. Timmy could of had 40 if he had hit his free throws. Lincoln is gonna be tough to beat when you play them at there place. Wayne County didn't shoot it well tonight, and they have NO bench. If they get in foul trouble it's over. Corey Stearns played well for them tonight on both ends of the floor. I think BJ Hoover and Pittman did a hell of a job on Woods from Wayne, they was in his face all night and made him take tough shots all night. Pittman for Lincoln does all the dirty work for them, that kid is tough!
    Lincoln was awesome weren't they? Wayne didn't play their A game did they? Wayne doesn't have a bench and two of the big three were sitting on the bench at the end of the game. What was it a 20 point blow out? Oh that's right ... it was two!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,735

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    12/9/2014
    Lincoln Co. 66
    Wayne Co. 64
    Wayne Co. 6 14 24 20 64
    Lincoln Co. 20 10 20 16 66
    Wayne Co. (1-1) -- Woods 15, Blevins 15, Stearns 22, Gillispie 4, Baker 6, Shelton 2.
    Lincoln Co. (4-0) -- Taylor 33, Conley 3, Pittman 5, Hoover 5, Young 2, Conway 17, Wilks 1.

    Latest high school boys' basketball scores | High school basketball | Kentucky.com
    So does this confirm that Gardner and Staples aren't playing this season? There was some debate about that in the preseason thread.
    If they are out, Wayne's depth could really cause them problems.

  13. #13
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,794

    Quote Originally Posted by BL6 View Post
    Don't mean to bust your bubble but Wayne won three out of the four quarters. Controlling the whole game means you win every quarter. To win by two is one of the slimmest margins you can win by. A 50/50 call and a ridiculous technical called by a referee who was awful making one sided calls in the girls game in the first game of the double header isn't much to crow about. Wayne didn't play well in the first quarter but controlled the rest of the game. Taylor shot lights out and his team won by two. Scary isn't it?
    Nah, not really. I've heard of various strategies to beat Lincoln. Allowing Timmy to score 20+ points is one of them.

    I followed the game on the radio. Lincoln County led from start to finish. I'll say that if "controlling the game" isn't the proper term.

  14. #14
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,794

    Quote Originally Posted by BL6 View Post
    Lincoln was awesome weren't they? Wayne didn't play their A game did they? Wayne doesn't have a bench and two of the big three were sitting on the bench at the end of the game. What was it a 20 point blow out? Oh that's right ... it was two!
    Lincoln County didn't play their A game either and not one person predicted a Lincoln County blowout. I think the biggest deficit was someone saying Lincoln County would win by 8. A non defended basket at the buzzer made it a two point Lincoln County win instead of a four point Wayne County.

  15. #15
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,794

    Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    So does this confirm that Gardner and Staples aren't playing this season? There was some debate about that in the preseason thread.
    If they are out, Wayne's depth could really cause them problems.
    Any game they have foul trouble will be a problem but that's the ref's fault for not knowing how to call a game properly. Wayne County never fouls anybody.

Top