LaRue 48 Adair County 45 (5th Region Semifinal)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    13,697

    LaRue 48 Adair County 45 (5th Region Semifinal)

    Final from Marion Co. They will take on John Hardin tomorrow night in the championship.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    30

    Stall the ball strategy for 3 quarters backfired on Adair. Adair was 16-51 shooting and 4-23 from three. Larue’s length bothered Zion Harmon. Only 19pts on 5-22 shooting.

    I believe Adair could have won if they had attacked more and forced tempo in the first three quarters.

    Hats off to Larue. Great defensive effort. Good luck against John Hardin.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    395

    Disagree honestly. First time Adair played larue they took quick shots and were down 30 at halftime. When a team is that much bigger than you then you have to take your time and try and get good shots not jack bad ones. Adair defensively was great to me, they just missed a lot of open shots they normally may make. Playing slow kept them within 5-6 whole game too.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    871

    Quote Originally Posted by ACfan4 View Post
    Disagree honestly. First time Adair played larue they took quick shots and were down 30 at halftime. When a team is that much bigger than you then you have to take your time and try and get good shots not jack bad ones. Adair defensively was great to me, they just missed a lot of open shots they normally may make. Playing slow kept them within 5-6 whole game too.
    They needed to get easier shots for Harmon...seemed like there wasn't much flow to the offense

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    395

    The 1-3-1 zone definitely caused issues. Melton had many open looks just couldn't get them to fall. A few threes from him and this game may of been different.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    They needed to get easier shots for Harmon...seemed like there wasn't much flow to the offense
    Agreed. Little to no offensive flow. Still, the better team won. 5th region title to be decided between the best two teams al season. This loss don’t sting like the regional final against hated Taylor County did last year.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    871

    Quote Originally Posted by ACfan4 View Post
    The 1-3-1 zone definitely caused issues. Melton had many open looks just couldn't get them to fall. A few threes from him and this game may of been different.
    Agreed....he just couldn't buy one tonight....had some good looks though. Payne probably knocks some down as well if healthy.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Posts
    516

    The Hawk defense really bottled Harmon up-great effort defensively. I would have like to see him play in the middle of the zone but Adair didnít have the personnel to do it.

    Conversely, Adair didnít give up a single 3 to Davis or king so they played great defensively as well

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    179

    Adair probably should have pressed more but Adair was much better on defense. The 1- 3 -1 for Larue was great last night.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    179

    Another thing Mark Goode is a really good basketball player.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportslover32 View Post
    Another thing Mark Goode is a really good basketball player.
    He took over in the 4th for Larue. Very solid player.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportslover32 View Post
    Adair probably should have pressed more but Adair was much better on defense. The 1- 3 -1 for Larue was great last night.
    Yep. That’s the key to beating Larue. Gotta get them scrambling a bit. They can play up tempo in their half court sets but I noticed in both games against Adair, they didn’t like full court pressure. Heck, in the first game this year Adair cut a 32 point lead to 4 points when they started pressing full court.

    Still, John Hardin and Mickey Pearson have their hands full. This is a much better team than the one they dominated earlier this year.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    871

    Quote Originally Posted by 1995AdairGrad View Post
    Yep. That’s the key to beating Larue. Gotta get them scrambling a bit. They can play up tempo in their half court sets but I noticed in both games against Adair, they didn’t like full court pressure. Heck, in the first game this year Adair cut a 32 point lead to 4 points when they started pressing full court.

    Still, John Hardin and Mickey Pearson have their hands full. This is a much better team than the one they dominated earlier this year.
    You nailed it...thet were a much different team....much better

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    You nailed it...thet were a much different team....much better
    Assuming you are a John Hardin fan. If so congrats and good luck at Rupp.

Top