KYSports.TV 2018 Top 10 Players

Page 2 of Class of 218: KHSAA Player Rankings | KySports.TV Advertisement Attached Images   0 0 0    ... 39 comments | 5327 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    33,812

    Who will be the top big men in the state?
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    5,875

    Quote Originally Posted by NEERFAN View Post
    Who will be the top big men in the state?

    Simon Kentons Kelch

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Posts
    243

    1 -2 -3 - 4 -7 - 8 - 10 will be in the 2017 King of the Bluegrass December 19 - 23, 2017. The entire field will be released after the Derby.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    112

    Quote Originally Posted by King of the Bluegrass View Post
    1 -2 -3 - 4 -7 - 8 - 10 will be in the 2017 King of the Bluegrass December 19 - 23, 2017. The entire field will be released after the Derby.
    Well that answers my question. Would have been nice to see the Dogs make the field. Still a loaded field so far

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    72

    I would put Adam Kunkel higher.
    He certainly outperformed Fredrick in the 9th Region Championship and was clearly the best player on the court that night.
    Adam also led Cooper to runner up in the state championship.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    72

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Simon Kentons Kelch
    Miles from Walton is a 10th grader and the best shot blocker in NKY. His offense is improving.

    Cozart from Madison Central will be a Junior and is probably the best shot blocker in the state. Needs to develop his shot.

    Walter from Cov Cath, if he plays the way he is capable, should be a force on both sides of the court.

  7. #22
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    26,693

    Quote Originally Posted by SECRules View Post
    I would put Adam Kunkel higher.
    He certainly outperformed Fredrick in the 9th Region Championship and was clearly the best player on the court that night.
    Adam also led Cooper to runner up in the state championship.
    Wait for it ...

  8. #23
    Mr. Sixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Coalinga, CA
    Posts
    1,093

    Quote Originally Posted by SECRules View Post
    I would put Adam Kunkel higher.
    He certainly outperformed Fredrick in the 9th Region Championship and was clearly the best player on the court that night.
    Adam also led Cooper to runner up in the state championship.
    Adam will continue to get his exposure being on the Adidas circuit but I believe even he will tell you that he was "part of" the reason Cooper beat CCH that night and advanced to the State finals. Cooper doesn't get out of the region nor make any run at Rupp without McNeil and Hendrix.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    72

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sixer View Post
    Adam will continue to get his exposure being on the Adidas circuit but I believe even he will tell you that he was "part of" the reason Cooper beat CCH that night and advanced to the State finals. Cooper doesn't get out of the region nor make any run at Rupp without McNeil and Hendrix.
    I couldn't agree more - basketball is obviously a team sport. Successful teams will have various players step up different nights depending on match-ups and a variety of factors. Few teams get out of the 9th region without a team effort. CCH started 5 college bound athletes and was touted for having tremendous depth (yet only played 6 players) and lost as a team.

    The point I was trying to make is that big players step up on big nights. Kunkel had a big night in the region championship and led his team to a victory against one of the best teams in the state.

    In my opinion, from various games I have seen around the state, I think Kunkel should be ranked higher.

  10. #25
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    19,684

    What about the guard from Scott High that went Stef Curry during the state tournament?

  11. #26
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,798

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    What about the guard from Scott High that went Stef Curry during the state tournament?
    Who? The Jake? He's headed to WKU this fall.

  12. #27
    Mr. Sixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Coalinga, CA
    Posts
    1,093

    Quote Originally Posted by SECRules View Post
    I couldn't agree more
    Not disagreeing with you at all. He was huge offensively but take a look at the box score. CCH was held to 11 points in the 2nd half of that game if my memory serves me correctly so, IMO, the defense, which he was a part of, had just as much, if not more, to do with Cooper winning that game.

    Again, I think his stock will rise and in the end he and Fredricks will battle it out for 9th Region POY.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    72

    [QUOTE=Mr. Sixer;6283527]
    Quote Originally Posted by SECRules View Post
    I couldn't agree more

    Not disagreeing with you at all. He was huge offensively but take a look at the box score. CCH was held to 11 points in the 2nd half of that game if my memory serves me correctly so, IMO, the defense, which he was a part of, had just as much, if not more, to do with Cooper winning that game.

    Again, I think his stock will rise and in the end he and Fredricks will battle it out for 9th Region POY.
    LOL, you are not agreeing but rather appear to be challenging my humble opinion that Kunkel should be ranked higher.

    The box score shows that Kunkel put up 24 points in the biggest game of his career (up to that point). These points did not come from Cooper's defense.

    Yes, Cooper's defense played amazing and kept CJ to 7 and CVH to 13 for a combined 20 which is 4 points less than Kunkel's total.

    CJ is touted for his shooting. Cooper played Zone the entire game which is a dream for a shooter. At that point, it was the biggest game of their high school careers and Kunkel was clearly the best player on the court.

    I am not trying to compare CJ and Adam but rather stating that, in my opinion, Adam should be ranked higher. They are both amazing players and have big futures ahead of them ...

  14. #29
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    19,684

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Who? The Jake? He's headed to WKU this fall.
    I just noticed he's not in this Top 10 list. Where would you rate him on a Top 20 or 25 list? I haven't seen enough players to make a judgement.

  15. #30
    Mr. Sixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Coalinga, CA
    Posts
    1,093

    [QUOTE=SECRules;6283553]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sixer View Post

    LOL, you are not agreeing but rather appear to be challenging my humble opinion that Kunkel should be ranked higher.

    The box score shows that Kunkel put up 24 points in the biggest game of his career (up to that point). These points did not come from Cooper's defense.

    Yes, Cooper's defense played amazing and kept CJ to 7 and CVH to 13 for a combined 20 which is 4 points less than Kunkel's total.

    CJ is touted for his shooting. Cooper played Zone the entire game which is a dream for a shooter. At that point, it was the biggest game of their high school careers and Kunkel was clearly the best player on the court.

    I am not trying to compare CJ and Adam but rather stating that, in my opinion, Adam should be ranked higher. They are both amazing players and have big futures ahead of them ...
    OK now I'm LOL. I clearly see you have missed my point. My comments were based upon you stating that it was AK that "led" Cooper to a the State runner-up title. That I will disagree with because those 4 games were all team effort which he was very much a part of. If you know anything about me, and doesn't sound like you do, I am All Cooper and I'm one of AK's biggest fans. Yes he was the best offensive player on the court in the regional championship no doubt. If you don't think his team playing solid defense had something to do with him scoring 24 points we watched a different game. Adam was outstanding no doubt and without question.
    As for the rankings, no idea how someone even comes up with the list and to me it doesn't matter one bit. I could care less because AK is a baller and his stock will continue to rise as he plays on front of major D1 schools and top competition, fail to see any slight in that. Should he be ranked higher than CJ, I don't know because it doesn't really matter. Both are D1 players and that's all that matters to me really.

Top