Kentucky All-Star Tryouts Held Today at Dunbar

Page 2 of Tryouts were held this morning at Dunbar and the girls were held st Catholic. A little different having tryouts just today then a lot of the players wi... 19 comments | 2074 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,050

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    This is a long answer to why some didn't show up, but not an excuse. I personally don't think there should have been a try out. But alot of these kids are exhausted and beat up from the season. They play alot of minutes on their respective high school teams. The KY/OH weekend was grueling. They practiced alot. Alot of them left there banged up. Mentally and physically they just need a break and this tryout was just at a bad time for those kids. Again not an excuse just some insight
    Could be but I also know plenty of kids who did the same(save for the KY/OH All Star Game) that would have loved to have been able to tryout even if they knew they were a long shot to make it.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    809

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Could be but I also know plenty of kids who did the same(save for the KY/OH All Star Game) that would have loved to have been able to tryout even if they knew they were a long shot to make it.
    Yeah, by no means am I making excuses for the kids, but the talk coming out of the KY/OH game was they were beat up...alot of knee issues and sore backs from a few of them. The practices at the KY/OH weekend were brutal and long. I suggested to my favorite player sore knees and all that he go to the tryouts, and he participated ....sometimes you gotta do things you might not wanna do.

    Tidbits......Trevon and Wales didn't participate in the first session and Cooper Robb injured his ankle in the morning session and didn t return

  3. #18
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    15,779

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    This is a long answer to why some didn't show up, but not an excuse. I personally don't think there should have been a try out. But alot of these kids are exhausted and beat up from the season. They play alot of minutes on their respective high school teams. The KY/OH weekend was grueling. They practiced alot. Alot of them left there banged up. Mentally and physically they just need a break and this tryout was just at a bad time for those kids. Again not an excuse just some insight
    My son was invited a few years ago and wanted no part of going. I made him attend and he pretty much just went thru the motions. Season was over and he was done playing.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    809

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    My son was invited a few years ago and wanted no part of going. I made him attend and he pretty much just went thru the motions. Season was over and he was done playing.
    I appreciate you sharing this; I don't think the kids that didn't show up meant any harm or disrespect to the state. My favorite player wanted no parts of this tryout, for no other reason other than that he was exhausted with basketball. His body was sore and he just basically went through the motions (2-two hour practice sessions and a game). I understood the honor he was presented by being selected to tryout, so I made him go. He didn't totally grasp the significance of the selection so I made the decision for him. Other kids may not have that type of person in their life. He will thank me later when it's time to play the game because I know he wants to represent his state in the game.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    352

    To me it's simple. Let the coach pick the team he wants. If he can't decide on a few spots have him invite kids for tryouts.

Top