John Hardin's Mickey Pearson commits to the Saint Louis Billikens

  1. #1
    Nathaniel Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    @NateInSports
    Posts
    888

    John Hardin's Mickey Pearson commits to the Saint Louis Billikens

    Per his own post on twitter, John Hardin senior Mickey Pearson committed to the NCAA Division-I Saint Louis Billikens on Saturday night (October 14th).

    Pearson, the 5th Region Preseason Player of the Year by The Cats' Pause, held more than a dozen D-I offers before picking SLU.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Posts
    318

    Congrats to Mickey and his family !

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 16
    Posts
    489

    SLU is a great fit and I can see why Mickey would want to spend his next 4 years there. It is in a great conference, great academics, great coaching, and just the right distance to be away from home but close for family to come watch a lot of games. They have a nice 2018 recruiting class already and I would think they will make a run at Courtney Ramey who decommitted from U of L. His HS teammate is committed there and being a hometown school they could make a hard run at him.

  4. #4
    Nathaniel Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    @NateInSports
    Posts
    888

    Quote Originally Posted by coachlee View Post
    SLU is a great fit and I can see why Mickey would want to spend his next 4 years there. It is in a great conference, great academics, great coaching, and just the right distance to be away from home but close for family to come watch a lot of games. They have a nice 2018 recruiting class already and I would think they will make a run at Courtney Ramey who decommitted from U of L. His HS teammate is committed there and being a hometown school they could make a hard run at him.
    They might make a run at Ramey, but that would be like WKU making a run at Zion Harmon. Close to home, but Harmon will get offers from bigger colleges/better conferences.

    I'd think Ramey would wind up at IU or Purdue or Mizzou before SLU.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 16
    Posts
    489

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Bryan View Post
    They might make a run at Ramey, but that would be like WKU making a run at Zion Harmon. Close to home, but Harmon will get offers from bigger colleges/better conferences.

    I'd think Ramey would wind up at IU or Purdue or Mizzou before SLU.
    Courtney's Webster Grove HS teammate, Carte'Are Gordon, who is 6'9", starred on the USA 17U team at the FIBA World Championships in summer of 2016, and who is ranked higher chose SLU over Mizzou and Kansas. In 2017 they landed another local star who chose them over Mizzou, Purdue, & Michigan State. Point is Travis Ford is a recruiter and he hired an assistant with ties to the NIKE EYBL St. Louis Eagles program that has many strong relationships with local coaches. That said, I do not think Courtney's dad is a big fan of SLU and he had his own Adidas program the last few years that competed with the Eagles for players so the relationship factor is not going to be as strong in getting Courtney.
    Mickey will be playing with some really high rated recruits though, SLU should become very good the next fews seasons.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    988

    Congrats to Mickey. A great basketball player but an even better person. Coach Ford is getting a tremendous young man, his actions off the court will forever be more impactful than anything he will accomplish on the basketball court. Good luck to you young man.

  7. #7
    85_Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Boyle Co.
    Posts
    2,276

    Congrats to Mickey....Great Kid....Great Family.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    137

    Congrats Mickey!

  9. #9
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    34,661

    Pearson was released from his NLI. I wonder where he ends up.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    1,184

    Anybody have any information on why either doesn't want to be or isn't wanted in Saint Louis? I thought it sounded like a great spot, I think SLU is on the rise.

  11. #11
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,221

    Louisville?

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Posts
    672

    Hearing UL isn’t interested.

    Are there spots available at WKU or NKU?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    146

    Quote Originally Posted by winterweather View Post
    Hearing UL isn’t interested.

    Are there spots available at WKU or NKU?
    Hearing some chatter about Tennessee?

  14. #14
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,670

    I wish him well searching for a new school. Mickey is a damn good player and I feel like his best basketball is ahead of him.

  15. #15
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,056

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I wish him well searching for a new school. Mickey is a damn good player and I feel like his best basketball is ahead of him.
    Agree

Top