Jared Wellman transfers to GRC

Page 4 of One of the top 8th graders in the state who averaged 15.8ppg last season for Lawrence County has transferred to George Rogers Clark.... 81 comments | 14178 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    1,532

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Agree 100% PP. Especially if their team is a contender. GRC will be ranked #1 in region without any transfers. We had no Seniors last year and had 3 players in the top 10 in region.
    Well said Goldy.

    GRC historically for their size and location hasent benifited from a crazy amount of transfers. Minus the Zollo years it's been a trickle.

    With the location, soon to be new gym, and a coach the kids seem to like, i think GRC is on the edge of something special.

    I had GRC at 40% chance to win the region. I'll up that to 60%+ for at least the next 2 seasons.

    There's a new sheriff in town!!
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Posts
    772

    I heard the kid already went back to LC.

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Jul 14
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    282

    GRC about to hold the 10th region down for the next 4-5 years. Heard that Freshman team from last year was 30+ wins and 0 lossess........

  4. #49
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    51,355

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluechipper14 View Post
    GRC about to hold the 10th region down for the next 4-5 years. Heard that Freshman team from last year was 30+ wins and 0 lossess........


    I have been a GRC supporter for 25 years. Contenders or not I have supported the Cards. Love our new coaching staff. Look forward to whatever this year brings. Go Cards.

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    89

    Brennan Canada is the newest member of the GRC basketball program. (Canada previously played for Montgomery County) This is a huge pickup for GRC.

  6. #51

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Posts
    105

    I thought it was the college dead line for announcements ??

  7. #52
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    51,355

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolcoach View Post
    Brennan Canada is the newest member of the GRC basketball program. (Canada previously played for Montgomery County) This is a huge pickup for GRC.
    You all know more about GRC basketball than I do.......

  8. #53
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,502

    Haha I heard about Canada last night. And another.

  9. #54
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    51,355

    Summer ball will be starting soon. Will see who all we have. Be interesting to see what other teams in the region will have also.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    41

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolcoach View Post
    Brennan Canada is the newest member of the GRC basketball program. (Canada previously played for Montgomery County) This is a huge pickup for GRC.
    No one can say that they are surprised by the addition of players to this program. This will be a common occurrence in future for this program just check the track record of this type of thing for this staff
    in this day and time it all about the quick fix or stock piling, forget about building a program from the bottom up.
    Enjoy the future 10th region fans

  11. #56
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    51,355

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Summer ball will be starting soon. Will see who all we have. Be interesting to see what other teams in the region will have also.
    Went and watched us play Woodford Co and Collins' .

    We beat Woodford Co 72 -49.J Johnson did not play. On baseball team that won 10th region. Jordan Graham. Out with a ankle injury.

    #1 for Woodford is a very good player and is only a Sophomore. Philpot has really improved his ball handling and speed. Canada looked good but will get better when he learns our system. The 8th grader has talent. GRC plays fast and shared the ball well.

    We beat Collins 54 - 51. Very exciting game. #12 is a scorer any where on the floor. Nice player. #20 is very athletic loved his hussle.

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    87

    Hearing they will be adding another player to be named later. A starter on a state quarter finalist last season, will be a junior.

  13. #58
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,799

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsKnowItAll View Post
    Hearing they will be adding another player to be named later. A starter on a state quarter finalist last season, will be a junior.
    With all of that info you may as well say his birth given name.

  14. #59

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    87

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    With all of that info you may as well say his birth given name.
    Not sure the rules of saying names on here but we will say #24 perry central.

  15. #60

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Posts
    772

    GRC didn't look as good as I expected at South Laurel the other day. You can tell they have the pieces for sure. You could tell they been putting some time in cause under a new coach they already had their sets and plays in. North Laurel beat them with three starters not playing and South tied them with one starter and 6th man gone on vacation.

Top