I am being told several Walton-Verona athletes are suspended for multiple games

  1. #1
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    133,133

    I am being told several Walton-Verona athletes are suspended for multiple games

    We are releasing our 8th Region Preview and we have Walton ranked number one but obviously that is not going to hold up with the suspensions.

    Several football players were also suspended for their playoff game this Friday night.

    #7 Walton-Verona vs. #5 Christian Academy-Louisville (2A Second Round)
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    ColonelMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Location
    Pegasus Sports Network - Oldham County, KY
    Posts
    4,376

    Wow!

    Any details?

    I may have to put a few "caveats" into my preseason ranking.

    Colonel Mike

  3. #3
    ColonelMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Location
    Pegasus Sports Network - Oldham County, KY
    Posts
    4,376

    Six weeks from now or six weeks of the season....?

  4. #4
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    133,133

    The details violate our Terms of Service but it doesn't sound like anything too bad.

    I would leave the preview as is and let this thread speak to it.

    I will ask again, was it worth it guys?

  5. #5
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    3,553

    Six weeks puts WV at the tip-off of the KoB...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    63

    These rumors can be laid to rest with basketball. There will be 1 WV basketball player not playing in the first 4 games but he is not even in their top 8 rotation....

  7. #7
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    8,414


  8. #8
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    133,133

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecats View Post
    These rumors can be laid to rest with basketball. There will be 1 WV basketball player not playing in the first 4 games but he is not even in their top 8 rotation....
    If you really want to put these rumors to rest please give us a basic breakdown by sport?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    63

    4 football players and 1 basketball player is all I am aware of. I have no connection to wrestling so am not sure about that. I can say with 100% that basketball has 1 player that will miss 4 games and he is not in the top 8 rotation. No one has been suspended for 6 weeks, not sure where that came from. Football players were suspended for their game this Friday.

  10. #10
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    133,133

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecats View Post
    4 football players and 1 basketball player is all I am aware of. I have no connection to wrestling so am not sure about that. I can say with 100% that basketball has 1 player that will miss 4 games and he is not in the top 8 rotation. No one has been suspended for 6 weeks, not sure where that came from. Football players were suspended for their game this Friday.
    Thanks, I will edit the thread title unless we hear additional.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    63

    Hearing from sources that all suspensions for basketball and football have been retracted. Sounds like shotty police work caused a big controversy and after an appeal the suspensions were lifted.

  12. #12
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    133,133

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecats View Post
    Hearing from sources that all suspensions for basketball and football have been retracted. Sounds like shotty police work caused a big controversy and after an appeal the suspensions were lifted.
    Par for the course if you ask me, anytime there is ever a problem and we need to find a way out, the police are to blame.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    63

    No doubt. Sounds like the administration wanted the suspensions but the school districts attorney adviced otherwise because the police did not have a definitive list of students at fault.

  14. #14
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    133,133

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecats View Post
    No doubt. Sounds like the administration wanted the suspensions but the school districts attorney adviced otherwise because the police did not have a definitive list of students at fault.
    Thanks for the info but I don't want us going any further into the "legal" end of things.

    I want to end this thread here by saying I am glad the players get to play.

    And one more time, hey Walton-Verona student-athletes, was it worth it?

Top