Holy Cross 71 Newport 65

  1. #1
    B-Ball-fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    13,787

    Holy Cross 71 Newport 65

    via Twitter...

    Holy Cross comes from down 16 to win 71-65 over Newport on senior night.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,140

    Is Bezold back?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    Is Bezold back?
    Been back for a few games.

  4. #4
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,657

    That was crazy fun!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,847

    Newport gave it away missing about 10 free throws down the stretch.

  6. #6
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,657

    Newport was raining threes in the first 3 quarters.

  7. #7
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,657

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYknowitall View Post
    Newport gave it away missing about 10 free throws down the stretch.
    Huge reason why HC was able to come back was Newport missed free throws. Also HC forced several turnovers with their press.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    620

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYknowitall View Post
    Newport gave it away missing about 10 free throws down the stretch.
    Did Mullins play for Newport? If not, is he still a member of the team? I am curious after hearing about their game with St. Henry.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,847

    Quote Originally Posted by nkypete View Post
    Huge reason why HC was able to come back was Newport missed free throws. Also HC forced several turnovers with their press.
    That's what it sounded like on the radio. Seemed as if the HC press wore Newport down and caused timely turnovers. Also did I hear correctly that this senior class has never lost at Finn? If so, that's an incredible feat.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,847

    Quote Originally Posted by OldhamOldie View Post
    Did Mullins play for Newport? If not, is he still a member of the team? I am curious after hearing about their game with St. Henry.
    He was not there I believe.

  11. #11
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYknowitall View Post
    That's what it sounded like on the radio. Seemed as if the HC press wore Newport down and caused timely turnovers. Also did I hear correctly that this senior class has never lost at Finn? If so, that's an incredible feat.
    This HC senior class has lost quite a few games at home during their careers, but maybe they haven't lost at home this year.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1 View Post
    This HC senior class has lost quite a few games at home during their careers, but maybe they haven't lost at home this year.
    If the KHSAA site is correct this is only their 7th home game this year.

    7-0

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,847

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1 View Post
    This HC senior class has lost quite a few games at home during their careers, but maybe they haven't lost at home this year.
    Maybe that's what they were referring to. Either way, this team can make a run in the region if they get there.

  14. #14
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    If the KHSAA site is correct this is only their 7th home game this year.

    7-0
    Wow only 7 games at home for a season.

  15. #15
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYknowitall View Post
    Maybe that's what they were referring to. Either way, this team can make a run in the region if they get there.
    I believe they will get to the regional.

Top