Holy Cross 66 Newport 59

Page 3 of Originally Posted by Lawnboy13 They get the winner of Bellevue/Villa Madonna. Friday games will be played Thursday due to weather expect on Friday. Adv... 49 comments | 3568 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Big Bone, KY
    Posts
    2,262

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    @Just Jim
    Did your camera make the trip with you?
    Sorry, took the night off. It's so hard to watch and enjoy a game when taking pictures. Makes me appreciate @paNDA and @StXBomber88 who give so much of their time for our (and the kids) enjoyment.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Posts
    2,034

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Mitchell View Post
    Did Mullins play in that game against Highlands?
    nope

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Posts
    2,034

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers Curtain View Post
    Teamwork and execution prevails for Holy Cross. Bezold scored at will. Newport has some good individual players but no concept of playing together. All "me" and not "we."

    I think Holy Cross vs. NewCath will be great battle, could go either way.
    So you are sayin Bellevue and St Henry have no chance?

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    269

    Quote Originally Posted by uselessinfo View Post
    So you are sayin Bellevue and St Henry have no chance?
    None at all. Bellevue scored 14 total points in a entire game last week and is overmatched. St. Henry gets a lot out of what they have, a credit to their coach, but they have little shot at winning. Too much size and talent to overcome.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    269

    Quote Originally Posted by uselessinfo View Post
    So you are sayin Bellevue and St Henry have no chance?

    And I'm right about 99% of the time. See my NFL posts about the Steelers vs Bengals in the playoff games for reference. Or tonight's Holy Cross win vs Newport.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,847

    @uselessinfo you're gonna get absolutely nowhere arguing with that guy.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,847

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers Curtain View Post
    And I'm right about 99% of the time. See my NFL posts about the Steelers vs Bengals in the playoff games for reference. Or tonight's Holy Cross win vs Newport.
    Folks, let me introduce you to Nostradamus. He is correct on sports picks 99% of the time. It's like he has the Sports Almanac from Back to the Future 2 or something.
    Last edited by Randy Parker; Jan 21, 16 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Rule 10

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    46

    I've seen Mullins play aau for at least 5yrs... I like the kid but wish he would grow up he has always been a me player and not a team player. one of the most talented kids in northern ky.. one of the reasons he left Holmes is because he wants to be the star and not play second behind anyone
    Last edited by Randy Parker; Jan 21, 16 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Rule 13

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,847

    Quote Originally Posted by smalltownscout View Post
    I've seen Mullins play aau for at least 5yrs... I like the kid but wish he would grow up he has always been a me player and not a team player. one of the most talented kids in northern ky.. one of the reasons he left Holmes is because he wants to be the star and not play second behind anyone
    Except for the fact that he has become a TEAM player at Newport.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,369

    Anyone catch the recap of the game on the news last night? There was a bad pass and the kid from Newport (possibly Davis) just stopped and watched the ball go over half court. Bezold hustled after it and went in for the layup.

  11. #41
    Baseball Nut 24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 10
    Posts
    1,790

    We mentioned it on Holy Cross Radio as well. It was a bad pass in the back court and either Davis or Hollis, I can't recall, didn't go after it. Tyler Bezold alertly went after it and got a layup out of it.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Big Bone, KY
    Posts
    2,262

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Anyone catch the recap of the game on the news last night? There was a bad pass and the kid from Newport (possibly Davis) just stopped and watched the ball go over half court. Bezold hustled after it and went in for the layup.
    Didn't see the news, but that was a bad play by Newport (think it was Hollis that didn't go after the ball and it was a bad pass out to him) and a heads up play by Bezold.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    546

    I did see it on the news and I was immediately impressed by the lack of hustle as well. Of course my eyes were still recovering from the close-up of Troy Houston with a lollipop. I think that image was seared into my retinas.

  14. #44
    Walter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    15,323

    Quote Originally Posted by smalltownscout View Post
    I've seen Mullins play aau for at least 5yrs... I like the kid but wish he would grow up he has always been a me player and not a team player. one of the most talented kids in northern ky.. one of the reasons he left Holmes is because he wants to be the star and not play second behind anyone
    Not true. Did he want to contribute in a win? Of course. But he was always much more worried about getting a W at Holmes.

    What you failed to mention was how close he was to both Beetle and McClendon off the court.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    269

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYknowitall View Post
    Folks, let me introduce you to Nostradamus. He is correct on sports picks 99% of the time. It's like he has the Sports Almanac from Back to the Future 2 or something.
    Name calling shows how immature you are. But I see the mods already sanctioned you for it.

    I am correct about 99% of the time because the predictions I make are obvious. Like Holy Cross beating Newport, or both St. Henry and Bellevue losing tonight. You can also mark down my prediction about Highlands beating Newport in the district in a few weeks. My buddy jackofalltrades will vouch for my predictions.

Top