Highlands 73 Pendleton County 67

Page 2 of Final from Ft. Thomas.... 65 comments | 5249 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,522

    Good job Birds way to get a couple wins in a row. Keep it rolling.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 12
    Posts
    8,027

    Quote Originally Posted by greeny94 View Post
    Does or did Allen play for Macke's AAU team?
    My guess is he doesn't go to HC.

  3. #18
    THUNDERBIRDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Keeping the S.C.I.T. in check...
    Posts
    4,048

    Quote Originally Posted by RCC9 View Post
    My guess is he doesn't go to HC.
    I concur!

  4. #19
    THUNDERBIRDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Keeping the S.C.I.T. in check...
    Posts
    4,048

    Quote Originally Posted by Qryche11 View Post
    Godparents? Do tell....

    Allen did play with Macke's Royals last summer when they won D-2 Nationals.
    Wait? Didn't I hear somewhere that he played D-1 as well last year. Is that even aloud? Isn't the same as a when @Lawnboy13 would play A-Majors in softball and then move down to play the D-State with the Nasty Boys back in the day?

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by TRUTH22 View Post
    PC did a better job tonight in a lot ways....Allen played well for the most part but due to foul trouble had to sit awhile....
    Hats off to the Birds!
    baby steps. this team will be fine.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERBIRDS View Post
    Wait? Didn't I hear somewhere that he played D-1 as well last year. Is that even aloud? Isn't the same as a when @Lawnboy13 would play A-Majors in softball and then move down to play the D-State with the Nasty Boys back in the day?
    How far back in the day we talking? Took on the Nasty Boys quite a few times.

  7. #22
    THUNDERBIRDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Keeping the S.C.I.T. in check...
    Posts
    4,048

    I really loved Highlands swarming Defense last night. The hard work that this team has put in this past year is really starting to pay off.

    Highlands had some kids on fire last night from the 3 range. Very timely indeed! This program goes nowhere but forward in my opinion. This isn't your same Highlands Basketball team from a couple of year past.

    Kevin Listerman and his Asst's are doing an unbelievable job getting these kids to buy into what they are selling.

  8. #23
    THUNDERBIRDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Keeping the S.C.I.T. in check...
    Posts
    4,048

    Quote Originally Posted by LCDAWGS19 View Post
    How far back in the day we talking? Took on the Nasty Boys quite a few times.
    Late 90's

    But I think @Lawnboy13 never played with the Nasty Boys. I was joking. He played mainly for the Dawgs of Newport. Might of played for "Magic" at one time though.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 12
    Posts
    8,027

    Quote Originally Posted by LCDAWGS19 View Post
    How far back in the day we talking? Took on the Nasty Boys quite a few times.
    A long time ago!! 90's. He's old!

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERBIRDS View Post
    Late 90's

    But I think @Lawnboy13 never played with the Nasty Boys. I was joking. He played mainly for the Dawgs of Newport. Might of played for "Magic" at one time though.
    played quite a bit in NKY in the late 90's... Very likely took on Lawnboy at some point.

  11. #26
    Bird Bath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 09
    Location
    Caketown
    Posts
    1,563

    Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERBIRDS View Post
    I really loved Highlands swarming Defense last night. The hard work that this team has put in this past year is really starting to pay off. Highlands had some kids on fire last night from the 3 range. Very timely indeed! This program goes nowhere but forward in my opinion. This isn't your same Highlands Basketball team from a couple of year past. Kevin Listerman and his Asst's are doing an unbelievable job getting these kids to buy into what they are selling.
    My thoughts as well! Posey, Finfrock and Cain all around 20 points. Cain has been solid all year. Posey did it all last night and the big (Finfrock) finished at the rim and on the boards. LaFrange and Greene steady contributors. The birds had a great second half of basketball.

  12. #27
    THUNDERBIRDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Keeping the S.C.I.T. in check...
    Posts
    4,048

    Quote Originally Posted by LCDAWGS19 View Post
    played quite a bit in NKY in the late 90's... Very likely took on Lawnboy at some point.


    And @RCC9

    He was special! He played for Butlers. I use to envy those guys.....

  13. #28
    THUNDERBIRDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Keeping the S.C.I.T. in check...
    Posts
    4,048

    Big Kyle Finfrock really battled the boards last night. Man he is a load to contend with. Posey's no look around the back dish late in the game even had to God Parents shaking their heads with Amazement! It was a thing of beauty. It's been a long time since Highlands has had a point guard that can handle the Rock like Posey can.

  14. #29
    THUNDERBIRDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Keeping the S.C.I.T. in check...
    Posts
    4,048

    Highlands is 1 deadly shooter away from ruining someone's day. Highlands has a few nice shooter's that can make shots when needed but I'm talking about someone that flat out fill it up.

  15. #30
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,522

    Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERBIRDS View Post
    Highlands is 1 deadly shooter away from ruining someone's day. Highlands has a few nice shooter's that can make shots when needed but I'm talking about someone that flat out fill it up.
    Yup, If I am a kid in that program at the Freshman/below grade level I am going "Scott Draud" in the offseason and launching 500 a day. You cant keep good shooters off the floor and Highlands has not had a great shooter in many years. It's a lost art with all of the emphasis on multi-sports and really not getting the time in the gym to work on the muscle memory.

Top