Henry Clay 66 John Hardin 59

  1. #1
    cincydragons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 19
    Posts
    177

    Henry Clay 66 John Hardin 59

    Final per Twitter. 12 straight wins for the Blue Devils.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    strongopenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    5,346

    Henry Clay is playing very well now.

    They defeated a very good John Hardin team who came into this game having won 60 of their last 62 games.

    Marquez Warrick is a very special player. I do not know how many he had versus John Hardin (30+ is my guess), but he is an adept player with either hand and nearly impossible to defend.

    12 in a row for the Blue Devils.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,474

    Quote Originally Posted by strongopenyon View Post
    Henry Clay is playing very well now.

    They defeated a very good John Hardin team who came into this game having won 60 of their last 62 games.

    Marquez Warrick is a very special player. I do not know how many he had versus John Hardin (30+ is my guess), but he is an adept player with either hand and nearly impossible to defend.

    12 in a row for the Blue Devils.
    Yes, Mr. Warrick had a terrific game, the kid was special tonight.

  4. #4
    Hardin County Preps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Elizabethtown, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,286

    Henry Clay 66 John Hardin 59

    John Hardin could not shut down Henry Clay's Marques Warrick, who erupted for 33 points, 19 coming in the second-half as Henry Clay handed the Bulldogs a 66-59 defeat in the Jock Sutherland Classic at Lexington Catholic High School on Saturday evening.

  5. #5
    Runcible Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 17
    Location
    Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?
    Posts
    2,221

    Looks like the Blue Devils found their big boy pants and some nice suspenders ...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,474

    Quote Originally Posted by Runcible Owl View Post
    Looks like the Blue Devils found their big boy pants and some nice suspenders ...
    At least Mr. Warrick did scoring half of Clay's points.

  7. #7
    Runcible Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 17
    Location
    Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?
    Posts
    2,221

    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Quarters View Post
    At least Mr. Warrick did scoring half of Clay's points.
    Ahh, but did Mr. Warrick hold the Bulldogs to 18 points below their season average by his lonesome?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,474

    Quote Originally Posted by Runcible Owl View Post
    Ahh, but did Mr. Warrick hold the Bulldogs to 18 points below their season average by his lonesome?
    Ok, get your finger on the DISLIKE button before I respond. I really didn't feel that the Henry Clay defense had much to do with J Hardin having trouble to score. HC appeared to be at the top of their game and J Hardin was at their worst and that certainly happens in HS basketball. Was talking to a J Hardin fan and was complaining all night that Hardin was showing no zip. I won't use that fatal word to describe the game, but if they meet again I believe the final result will be reversed. I do hope Henry Clay wins the 11th region.

  9. #9
    strongopenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    5,346

    The results might be reversed in a rematch between these two fine teams. But.....it might not. That is why they play the game.

    I will say it was a tougher spot for John Hardin since they played a tough game at Bowling Green High School on Friday night. They traveled from E'town to Bowling Green and back home on Friday, then traveled to Lexington for a late afternoon game against Henry Clay. These are young kids, but that's still a lot of time on a bus.

    If there was to be a rematch, John Hardin would need to come up with a plan to stop Marquez Warrick who kind of dominated the game. Every time the Blue Devils needed a bucket, "Quez" got it for them. I thought he was the best player on the floor and there were some good ones on both teams.

    Henry Clay is far from a one man team, but if Marquez ran wild again, I would like the Blue Devils in a rematch.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,474

    Quote Originally Posted by strongopenyon View Post
    The results might be reversed in a rematch between these two fine teams. But.....it might not. That is why they play the game.

    I will say it was a tougher spot for John Hardin since they played a tough game at Bowling Green High School on Friday night. They traveled from E'town to Bowling Green and back home on Friday, then traveled to Lexington for a late afternoon game against Henry Clay. These are young kids, but that's still a lot of time on a bus.

    If there was to be a rematch, John Hardin would need to come up with a plan to stop Marquez Warrick who kind of dominated the game. Every time the Blue Devils needed a bucket, "Quez" got it for them. I thought he was the best player on the floor and there were some good ones on both teams.

    Henry Clay is far from a one man team, but if Marquez ran wild again, I would like the Blue Devils in a rematch.
    Totally agree, if Marquez ran wild again, I would like HC in a rematch, I'm guessing JH would slow him down and I really believe he would have to score 30 plus for HC to win. No doubt he was the best player on the floor Saturday.

Top