Hagen Tyler Decommits from NKU

Page 2 of Boyle County's Hagen Tyler has opened his recruitment back up.... 80 comments | 9366 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    172

    I was really impressed with this kid at the Sweet 16. Hopefully he gets to go to the school he wants to continue his career.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,542

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Is NKU still an option for him, or is he done with them altogether?
    I do not believe they are an option anymore. Just my opinion.

  3. #18
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,218

    I wonder if this was brought about by more than just the coaching change then? Perhaps bigger, more established programs have shown interest?

  4. #19
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    In less than 24 hours, he has already received offers or interest from Samford, Stetson, Georgetown College, Campbellsville, Pikeville, Kentucky State, Kentucky Wesleyan and Cedarville.

    That's from a good source.

  5. #20
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    21,728

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    In less than 24 hours, he has already received offers or interest from Samford, Stetson, Georgetown College, Campbellsville, Pikeville, Kentucky State, Kentucky Wesleyan and Cedarville.

    That's from a good source.
    So 2 DIs, 3 DIIs, and 3 NAIAs. Offers from all over the board.

  6. #21
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    So 2 DIs, 3 DIIs, and 3 NAIAs. Offers from all over the board.
    I know that some have offered for sure but I'm not sure which ones.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,219

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    In less than 24 hours, he has already received offers or interest from Samford, Stetson, Georgetown College, Campbellsville, Pikeville, Kentucky State, Kentucky Wesleyan and Cedarville.

    That's from a good source.
    Do not believe any of these are better than NKU. It was stated earlier that the new coach wanted him, yet they are not an option? Call me confused.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,077

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    Do not believe any of these are better than NKU. It was stated earlier that the new coach wanted him, yet they are not an option? Call me confused.
    Yeah those are all down grades for sure.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,371

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    My understanding is that Brannen really wanted to keep him.
    I'm with JOAT, very confused. Coach wanted him, yet he decommited because he had a better offer or did not see eye to eye with the coach. But no solid better offers out there at this time?

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    Somewhere in stands watching
    Posts
    493

    Maybe as simple as he really liked Bezold more than NKU, and if he could not play for Bez he is looking for other options.

  11. #26
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,524

    That is the hard part of coaches recruiting players and either leaving for better jobs or getting the ax. Im sure Shaka Smart has recruits at VCU who are re-considering.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,077

    Quote Originally Posted by Kentonman View Post
    Maybe as simple as he really liked Bezold more than NKU, and if he could not play for Bez he is looking for other options.
    Or the kid is getting some really bad advice.

  13. #28
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Hagen Tyler has now heard from Gtown, Cville, UPIKE, KSU, Samford, Wofford, KWC, Stetson, Cedarville, Cumberlands, UNCA, Lipscomb, Kent St

  14. #29

    Join Date
    May 13
    Posts
    298

    Quote Originally Posted by red and black attack View Post
    I was really impressed with this kid at the Sweet 16. Hopefully he gets to go to the school he wants to continue his career.
    I saw the kid at the Sweet 16 and I'm just being honest I was not impressed. Hard time going by faster defenders and was not the knock down shooter I expected. Bell was the better player on the team that week. If I had to guess, NKU told him he wasn't a part of their plans for the future and he should look elsewhere. If he was offered by Gtown, Campbellsville, or Cedarville, he better jump on it.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,077

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYBallboy View Post
    I saw the kid at the Sweet 16 and I'm just being honest I was not impressed. Hard time going by faster defenders and was not the knock down shooter I expected. Bell was the better player on the team that week. If I had to guess, NKU told him he wasn't a part of their plans for the future and he should look elsewhere. If he was offered by Gtown, Campbellsville, or Cedarville, he better jump on it.
    You guessed wrong.

Top