George Rogers Clark 67 Frankfort 57

  1. #1
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,207

    George Rogers Clark 67 Frankfort 57

    Great win for the Cards. We came out flat to begin the game as I thought we might after the big rival game last night against MoCo. We lead after the first quarter 15-9 and score was tied 26 all at the half.

    Frankfort has a very quick team and #1 was hot tonight, good player. The big guy gave us some trouble, then Philpot went to work in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

    Philpot was named player of the game. He had a great game on both ends of the court. Rucker came off the bench and gave us some quick 3's. Graham did much better the 2nd half in getting other players involved. Also our defense stepped up and we feed off that and our offense took over.

    Strange ending to the game. #24 for Frankfort was called for a T and ejected from the game. Time expired and no free throws were shot.

    GRC improves to 19-3. We travel to Bourbon Co Monday in a makeup snow game. We play South Laurel at home on Tuesday then take on the Mason Co Royals Friday @ GRC.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Hunkered Down in the Arena Awaiting Corbin-Knox Central: WWIII
    Posts
    8,978

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Great win for the Cards. We came out flat to begin the game as I thought we might after the big rival game last night against MoCo. We lead after the first quarter 15-9 and score was tied 26 all at the half.

    Frankfort has a very quick team and #1 was hot tonight, good player. The big guy gave us some trouble, then Philpot went to work in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

    Philpot was named player of the game. He had a great game on both ends of the court. Rucker came off the bench and gave us some quick 3's. Graham did much better the 2nd half in getting other players involved. Also our defense stepped up and we feed off that and our offense took over.

    Strange ending to the game. #24 for Frankfort was called for a T and ejected from the game. Time expired and no free throws were shot.

    GRC improves to 19-3. We travel to Bourbon Co Monday in a makeup snow game. We play South Laurel at home on Tuesday then take on the Mason Co Royals Friday @ GRC.
    Goldie, you will enjoy watching South Laurel's Junior star, J.J. Ramey. He's very athletic with some major "hops." Kid has overcome a hearing disability to become one of the state's best juniors.

  3. #3
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,207

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    Goldie, you will enjoy watching South Laurel's Junior star, J.J. Ramey. Very, athletic with major "hops." Kid has overcome a hearing disability to become one of the state's best juniors.
    Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. It is players like him that I really like to watch and appreciate their game. What # is he?

    I know Coach Davis very well. He was some of our former players AAU coach. Looking forward to watching this game.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Posts
    615

    Definitely an odd ending with #24 getting his second T and being ejected as time expired. Not sure I have every seen that before especially without the free throws being shot. Very tough, physical game. Frankfort never subbed until #44 fouled out well into the fourth quarter.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Hunkered Down in the Arena Awaiting Corbin-Knox Central: WWIII
    Posts
    8,978

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. It is players like him that I really like to watch and appreciate their game. What # is he?

    I know Coach Davis very well. He was some of our former players AAU coach. Looking forward to watching this game.

    #30 . I think he was about one year of age when it was discovered he was profoundly deaf.

    Name:  jj.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  129.4 KB

  6. #6
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,207



    Team stats were as follows:

    GRC

    2's - 20 of 31
    3's - 5 of 17
    Overall - 25 of 48
    Free throws - 12 of 18
    Assists - 21
    Defensive Rebounds - 20
    Offensive Rebounds - 8
    Turnovers - 13
    Steals - 4
    Blocked shots - 2

    Frankfort

    2's - 12 of 31
    3's - 8 of 19
    Overall - 20 of 50
    Free throws - 9 of 12
    Assists - 16
    Defensive Rebounds - 15
    Offensive Rebounds - 10
    Turnovers - 15
    Steals - 10
    Blocked shots - 0

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    83

    Loving all those assists❤️

  8. #8
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,207

    Quote Originally Posted by Cards cheerleadermom View Post
    Loving all those assists❤️
    Me too. I would say we average over 20 a game. That stat has to be right up there at the top in the state.

    Philpot was hot tonight and his teammates work the ball to get it to him. Don't have his stats but I know he had to have a double double.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    83

    When Tillman fouled out Will was wide open. There was no one to guard him. Very strange game. There was a score discrepancy too...I think somewhere in there the scoreboard gave Frankfort two extra points...a fouls was called they gave him two points even though he missed it and he shots two free throws. Would love to see the film on that. It was strange

  10. #10
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,207

    Quote Originally Posted by Cards cheerleadermom View Post
    When Tillman fouled out Will was wide open. There was no one to guard him. Very strange game. There was a score discrepancy too...I think somewhere in there the scoreboard gave Frankfort two extra points...a fouls was called they gave him two points even though he missed it and he shots two free throws. Would love to see the film on that. It was strange
    I don't remember that happening....I must have been talking....

  11. #11
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,207

    Quote Originally Posted by boonesp View Post
    Definitely an odd ending with #24 getting his second T and being ejected as time expired. Not sure I have every seen that before especially without the free throws being shot. Very tough, physical game. Frankfort never subbed until #44 fouled out well into the fourth quarter.
    Yes it was. Hopefully some of the posters on here can explain why no Free Throws where made?

  12. #12
    mooremiller31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Posts
    1,428

    GRC was whistled for a foul away from the ball. When the foul was committed the ball was already in mid air from a shot. Therefore when the basket went in it counted and the foul was called away from the play. Frankfort was in the bonus so the Frankfort player that was fouled was awarded the 1+1. The basket counts and they shoot the free throws. Frankfort was not given an extra basket. The officials came to both benchs and explained the call neither coach appealed or argued the call. No scoring error.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    83

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    I don't remember that happening....I must have been talking....
    The score discrepancy was straightened out to me. I was wrong

Top