George Rogers Clark 59 Paris 52

Page 2 of Good district win for GRC. Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 23 comments | 1358 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    54,384

    Quote Originally Posted by Option Right View Post
    My take on this game is simple ... had Ashford stayed in the game, Clark wouldn't have won the game! Just my take ... In addition, it's still hard to believe that Paris, after losing seven seniors from last season's squad and five the previous year before that is still challenging a season GRC team! Losing 12 seniors over two years is tough for any team but certainly a class A school. Over the past two years, only Eric Johnson and Ashford, played significant minutes for Paris.

    Paris
    Eric Johnson, 20
    Taleigh Adams, 11
    Jalen Byars, 6
    Jamaun Clark, 5
    Aaron Maggard, 5
    Travis Strings, 3
    Marcus Ashford, 2

    GRC
    Wil Philpot, 20
    Brennan Canada, 16 ... hit some big threes in the second half
    Jordan Graham, 8
    Chase Taylor, 7
    JJ Johnson, 6
    Ryan Cooper, 2
    Here is some stats that you should be interested in.

    Philpot also had 14 rebounds to go with his 20 points. He also was 100 from the FT line 4 of 4 and 8 for 10 from the field. Great game by the young man.

    Canada had 8 rebounds and 5 of 7 at the FT line. He was 3 of 5 for 3"s. He had 1 point at the half. Scored 15 points in the 2nd half.

    Philpot and JJ Johnson took several chargers.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    370

    The word seniors lost can be misleading, it's not like all 12 seniors played major minutes. The common factors in all those teams are Ashford and Johnson. I'm sure they'll meet again when it really counts and will be another good game.

  3. #18
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    54,384

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttlesworth View Post
    The word seniors lost can be misleading, it's not like all 12 seniors played major minutes. The common factors in all those teams are Ashford and Johnson. I'm sure they'll meet again when it really counts and will be another good game.

    Don't forget Strings he kept Paris in the 1st game with his 29 points. When Paris has other players to step up they can be very dangerous.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    346

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttlesworth View Post
    The word seniors lost can be misleading, it's not like all 12 seniors played major minutes. The common factors in all those teams are Ashford and Johnson. I'm sure they'll meet again when it really counts and will be another good game.
    Well the 7 lost from last year accounted for nearly 65% of the scoring. That’s quite a bit

  5. #20
    WESTSIDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    656

    I hate to see the Hounds go down in more ways than one. I wish a speedy recovery to Ashford. Congrats to George Rogers Clark.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Lexington, Ky.
    Posts
    1,364

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttlesworth View Post
    The word seniors lost can be misleading, it's not like all 12 seniors played major minutes. The common factors in all those teams are Ashford and Johnson. I'm sure they'll meet again when it really counts and will be another good game.
    Obviously, you don't know Paris that well because if you did, you wouldn't have made this comment. Paris lost three starters (Jekobi Wells, Dontez Myers and Jordan Davis) off last season's team and then the top three players off the bench (Ryan Davis, Tayjin Cunningham and Jacquez Dumphord) were seniors. Strings took only 33 shots last year while averaging barely a point a game. The year before that, the Hounds lost three starters in Koebe Garrard, James Clark and Jawan Dumphord and another senior that played some quality minutes in Demond Dorsey. Heck, Jamaun Clark, Maggard and Byars, weren't even on the varsity roster last season and although they were on the varsity, Adams (17 shot attempts) and Strings were not a factor in Paris' 26-8 season. Johnson and Ashford came on the scene last year and Strings is doing the same this year!

    Okay, so you are correct. All 12 seniors did not make an impact but 10 of them did. For a small class A school to lose 10 seniors over a two year span and still be competitive against bigger schools and a very experienced GRC team, I have to say hats off to Coach Terence Brooks and his team, because by season end, I wouldn't overlook the Hounds by no means!

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    370

    Quote Originally Posted by Option Right View Post
    Obviously, you don't know Paris that well because if you did, you wouldn't have made this comment. Paris lost three starters (Jekobi Wells, Dontez Myers and Jordan Davis) off last season's team and then the top three players off the bench (Ryan Davis, Tayjin Cunningham and Jacquez Dumphord) were seniors. Strings took only 33 shots last year while averaging barely a point a game. The year before that, the Hounds lost three starters in Koebe Garrard, James Clark and Jawan Dumphord and another senior that played some quality minutes in Demond Dorsey. Heck, Jamaun Clark, Maggard and Byars, weren't even on the varsity roster last season and although they were on the varsity, Adams (17 shot attempts) and Strings were not a factor in Paris' 26-8 season. Johnson and Ashford came on the scene last year and Strings is doing the same this year!

    Okay, so you are correct. All 12 seniors did not make an impact but 10 of them did. For a small class A school to lose 10 seniors over a two year span and still be competitive against bigger schools and a very experienced GRC team, I have to say hats off to Coach Terence Brooks and his team, because by season end, I wouldn't overlook the Hounds by no means!
    So even though Ashford and Johnson were the 3rd and 5th leading scorers their sophomore season's they came on the scene last year? They scored more points than any of the juniors(last year's seniors and other then Wells), their sophomore year. Brooks plays a defense that if your an athletic player you'll thrive. If you can make a layup after a forced turnover you'll score at Paris.
    Eric Johnson has averaged 10pts, 15pts and now is averaging 20pts a game, while being game planned for. You can you say this person started this person came off the bench, but I guarantee who Johnson and Ashford have been on the floor when the game has been on the line the past 3 years. Save this post, and come back to it next and let me know, how much they ran the show.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Lexington, Ky.
    Posts
    1,364

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttlesworth View Post
    So even though Ashford and Johnson were the 3rd and 5th leading scorers their sophomore season's they came on the scene last year? They scored more points than any of the juniors(last year's seniors and other then Wells), their sophomore year. Brooks plays a defense that if your an athletic player you'll thrive. If you can make a layup after a forced turnover you'll score at Paris.
    Eric Johnson has averaged 10pts, 15pts and now is averaging 20pts a game, while being game planned for. You can you say this person started this person came off the bench, but I guarantee who Johnson and Ashford have been on the floor when the game has been on the line the past 3 years. Save this post, and come back to it next and let me know, how much they ran the show.
    Yes, Johnson and Ashford made an impact over the past two years, but so did those other seniors ... this year, Johnson and Ashford are asked to do more because they don't have the some nucleus around them as they have had the previous years. Paris went from going 10 deep on their bench the past two years, two one or two deep this season! You can't be a fan of Paris ... I remember you talking down about the Greyhound football team. I'm done with this subject!

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    370

    Quote Originally Posted by Option Right View Post
    Yes, Johnson and Ashford made an impact over the past two years, but so did those other seniors ... this year, Johnson and Ashford are asked to do more because they don't have the some nucleus around them as they have had the previous years. Paris went from going 10 deep on their bench the past two years, two one or two deep this season! You can't be a fan of Paris ... I remember you talking down about the Greyhound football team. I'm done with this subject!
    I don't talk down on players, just Paris fans because that make up random facts and excuses. Paris will be in the thick of it at the end, along with GRC. Hopefully with a healthy Ashford.

Top