George Rogers Clark vs Ashland predictions

View Poll Results: Which team will win?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • GRC

    13 68.42%
  • Ashland

    6 31.58%
  1. #1
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    54,210

    George Rogers Clark vs Ashland predictions

    GRC, 5-2, travels Monday to take on unbeaten Ashland. I really don't know how to predict the out come of this game. I do know it is hard to go into Ashland and come out with a win. What do some of you other posters think?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    15,295

    Should be a good one. On the road 16th region officials I'd have to give Ashland a slight edge.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,255

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    GRC, 5-2, travels Monday to take on unbeaten Ashland. I really don't know how to predict the out come of this game. I do know it is hard to go into Ashland and come out with a win. What do some of you other posters think?
    Beating Ashland at their place would be something nice to have on your resume if your GRC. Think Falmouth x2.
    On a side note, love watching games in their gym as well as The Woodshed

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    137

    GRC wins by 10-15 points

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    21

    Ashland 75-68

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    41

    ALL GRC,

    No way a 16th region team beats a top 10th region team this season. APB will have a nice season and they deserve it but GRC won’t be a part of that story in APB win column.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    On the banks of Spruce Creek.
    Posts
    2,573

    Ashland wins 65-57.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    8,506

    Prior to the season I figured this would surely be a loss for my Tomcats, but now I'm not so sure. Looking at Ashland's regular season schedule a while back I figured Capital (WV) and GRC would be the two toughest teams Ashland plays this season. Ashland made short work of Capital which was ranked #2 or #3 in WV at the time. I think this one will be a close game going any way, but it isn't easy to pick up a win in James A. Anderson when Ashland has a solid team.
    @gold sunrise are you coming up for this one?

  9. #9
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,769

    I think Ashland gets the win.

  10. #10
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    54,210

    Quote Originally Posted by JDEaston View Post
    Prior to the season I figured this would surely be a loss for my Tomcats, but now I'm not so sure. Looking at Ashland's regular season schedule a while back I figured Capital (WV) and GRC would be the two toughest teams Ashland plays this season. Ashland made short work of Capital which was ranked #2 or #3 in WV at the time. I think this one will be a close game going any way, but it isn't easy to pick up a win in James A. Anderson when Ashland has a solid team.
    @gold sunrise are you coming up for this one?
    No I will not making the trip, wish I could, but I plan to listen and give updates here on BGP.
    Are you going? If so give us a report on what you think of my Cards and bench. Think we have one of the strongest benches around. Play 10 deep at least.

    I agree hard to get a win there. Believe it could go either way.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    8,506

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    No I will not making the trip, wish I could, but I plan to listen and give updates here on BGP.
    Are you going? If so give us a report on what you think of my Cards and bench. Think we have one of the strongest benches around. Play 10 deep at least.

    I agree hard to get a win there. Believe it could go either way.
    I may or may not make it, I would have made it a point to go if you were coming up though. We're in the middle of a remodel of the house and I'm not sure it's going to get done before Christmas so I've been helping the contractors some after I get off work. I may still go though and if I do I'll give a breakdown of the game and each team. Like you I feel like this should be a really good game that could go either way. I have been really impressed with my Tomcats thus far though, particularly the 23 point win over a top 5 WV team, but it's hard to judge those out of state teams as in general, Kentucky basketball is just better as a whole.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    177

    Ashland has a nice team and it is a tough place to win. Whistle will be huge as 16th officials seem to call games tighter than other regions. With that being said GRC is too deep they pull away late win by 8-10 points

  13. #13
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    54,210

    Quote Originally Posted by JDEaston View Post
    I may or may not make it, I would have made it a point to go if you were coming up though. We're in the middle of a remodel of the house and I'm not sure it's going to get done before Christmas so I've been helping the contractors some after I get off work. I may still go though and if I do I'll give a breakdown of the game and each team. Like you I feel like this should be a really good game that could go either way. I have been really impressed with my Tomcats thus far though, particularly the 23 point win over a top 5 WV team, but it's hard to judge those out of state teams as in general, Kentucky basketball is just better as a whole.
    Can you give me some of what to look for tonight, players, ,match up. Are they a rebounding team, 3 point team? Pressing team? Do they have much height?Thanks

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    8,506

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Can you give me some of what to look for tonight, players, ,match up. Are they a rebounding team, 3 point team? Pressing team? Do they have much height?Thanks
    I'll never tell.

    Seriously though, I haven't had a chance to see Ashland in person this season. But from what I do know they are a good shooting team, whether it be 2's, 3's or free throws they shoot a high percentage in general. They don't have a lot of height, but still manage to rebound pretty well. In years past you would see some press from coach Howell, so I would expect to see some tonight unless he just feels like it's not a good option for a team like GRC, given their athleticism and depth.

    Typically coach Howell likes to run a somewhat high paced offense, but it does vary from game to game depending on who they are playing. In the Capital game for instance, his game plan going in was to actually try and slow the game down a bit compared to how we would normally run our offense. But the coaching staff saw something early in the game that changed their mind and they went with an up tempo offense. Ironically enough, Ashland won that game 85-62, which is Ashland's highest point total this season.

  15. #15
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    54,210

    Quote Originally Posted by JDEaston View Post
    I'll never tell.

    Seriously though, I haven't had a chance to see Ashland in person this season. But from what I do know they are a good shooting team, whether it be 2's, 3's or free throws they shoot a high percentage in general. They don't have a lot of height, but still manage to rebound pretty well. In years past you would see some press from coach Howell, so I would expect to see some tonight unless he just feels like it's not a good option for a team like GRC, given their athleticism and depth.

    Typically coach Howell likes to run a somewhat high paced offense, but it does vary from game to game depending on who they are playing. In the Capital game for instance, his game plan going in was to actually try and slow the game down a bit compared to how we would normally run our offense. But the coaching staff saw something early in the game that changed their mind and they went with an up tempo offense. Ironically enough, Ashland won that game 85-62, which is Ashland's highest point total this season.
    Thanks so much for the info. I know we hit the boards hard and ,make a lot of assists by giving that extra pass. We have a very unselfish team. They just want to win.

    Not sure I will be able to give updates. I have a middle school game I really need to go to. My sons best friend which seems like my own is coaching the visiting team.

Top