George Rogers Clark 71 Paris 64

  1. #1
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    66,248

    George Rogers Clark 71 Paris 64

    Final per Ivan Rice.

    Paris led 55-51 after 3.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    34

    Paris very impressive tonight. Strings for the hounds was great. 27 pts. Cooper for Clark was also great. 9 points straight down the stretch to win it for Clark

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    @LCDAWGS19 again with the solid pick of this game's winner by 6 in the prediction thread. Keep it up and you will have to change your name to the Great Prognosticator.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    171

    This was closer than I thought.

  5. #5
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    54,397

    Quote Originally Posted by KYBballfan10 View Post
    Paris very impressive tonight. Strings for the hounds was great. 27 pts. Cooper for Clark was also great. 9 points straight down the stretch to win it for Clark
    Cooper sat most of the first half with 2 fouls but got hot in the 4th when we needed him.

    Both team played hard. End of 1st Q score tied at 19. Paris led at the half 39-36. Paris led after 3 Q 51-55 . GRC out scored them 20-7 in the 4th Q. This was led by Cooper he had 4 3's.

    Our defense and bench were a big part of our win tonight. I think we held Johnson scoreless the first half. But #2, Strings killed us. He is a nice ball player.

    JJ Johnson, I love that kid. He ended up with 2 point tonight both at the line in the 4th Q. But he does so many good things that don't show up in the stats. He took a charge late in the game that helped seal the win for GRC.

    Former 10th region coach Happy Osborne was at the game along with most of MoCo's team.

    Great win for GRC tonight.

  6. #6
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    54,397

    Team stats....GRC 71 Paris 64

    GRC

    Assists- 15
    Defensive Rebounds - 27
    Offensive Rebounds - 15
    Steals - 5
    Turnovers - 20
    Blocked Shots - 4

    Paris

    Assists - 16
    Defensive Rebounds - 13
    Offensive Rebounds - 10
    Steals - 17
    Turnovers - 11
    Blocked Shots - 2

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    346

    The rematch is in a couple of weeks on January 2nd. Should be just as good of a game. I’m mad that I missed the 1st half tonight

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    @LCDAWGS19 again with the solid pick of this game's winner by 6 in the prediction thread. Keep it up and you will have to change your name to the Great Prognosticator.
    dumb luck, my friend...dumb luck.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    597

    Until GRC can locate the missing pieces to the puzzle, the will have us scratching our heads many times this winter.

  10. #10
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,769

    20 turnovers in a HS game is concerning; and I realize Paris can really heat you up.

    Good thing GRC thoroughly dominated the boards.

  11. #11
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    54,397

    Quote Originally Posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht View Post
    20 turnovers in a HS game is concerning; and I realize Paris can really heat you up.

    Good thing GRC thoroughly dominated the boards.
    That is two of the stats that I was going to point out. Usually a team that has 20 turnover will not win the game. GRC has to improve on the press.

    Any one have the box scores? I am interested on how many points Johnson had. I know it was not that many. Also would like to see how many kids we had in double figures. I know we played 10 players last night. That is what we usually play or more.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    346

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    That is two of the stats that I was going to point out. Usually a team that has 20 turnover will not win the game. GRC has to improve on the press.

    Any one have the box scores? I am interested on how many points Johnson had. I know it was not that many. Also would like to see how many kids we had in double figures. I know we played 10 players last night. That is what we usually play or more.
    Paris has the stats posted on khsaa not too sure about grc

  13. #13
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    54,397

    Quote Originally Posted by Pky89 View Post
    Paris has the stats posted on KHSAA not too sure about GRC
    Thanks neither had them up yesterday when I asked.
    GRC played 10 players, had 4 players in double digests, shot 45.8 5% from the field, Hit 5-18 3's cleaned the glass by 48-21

    Paris played 8 players that played, and had 2 in double digests. We held Johnson scoreless in the 1st half and he had 8 points for the game. He was 0-4 for 3's and hit 3-10 on the floor for the night. Holding him to only 10 attempts was great defense by the Cards.

    Up next for the Cards is a game at Ashland on Monday.

Top