Dontaie Allen

Page 9 of Nice article. Hometown loyalty or bigger exposure? It was an easy choice for this basketball star. Kentucky junior Dontaie Allen a basketball star for ... 168 comments | 26025 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #121
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    15,978

    Quote Originally Posted by Can'tcoach View Post
    I believe the count is now 7 for Division 1 offers.
    I counted 6?
    X
    Ill. st
    NKU
    EKU
    IUPUI
    Winthrop

    Who is missing from Verbal commits?
    Advertisement

  2. #122
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    62,611

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    I counted 6?
    X
    Ill. st
    NKU
    EKU
    IUPUI
    Winthrop

    Who is missing from Verbal commits?
    According to 247sports, Morehead State has offered.

  3. #123
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    65,055

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    According to 247sports, Morehead State has offered.
    That's correct.

  4. #124

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,139

    I've watched this kid once and saw some talent. Not sure if I saw Xavier-level talent but I know Steele knows a lot more than I do and has seen him more than once.

  5. #125

    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Posts
    57

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPops View Post
    I've watched this kid once and saw some talent. Not sure if I saw Xavier-level talent but I know Steele knows a lot more than I do and has seen him more than once.
    This kid has the talent to play any high D-1 he wants , Not sure he is being coached correctly ,not a knock on the coach but should of went to a prep school?

  6. #126
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    65,055

    Western Kentucky has now offered.

  7. #127

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    1,016

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Western Kentucky has now offered.
    Eight!

  8. #128

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    1,016

    Quote Originally Posted by basketfullofeggs View Post
    This kid has the talent to play any high D-1 he wants , Not sure he is being coached correctly ,not a knock on the coach but should of went to a prep school?
    Should have gone to prep school because......
    Not coached correctly? Explain please.

  9. #129
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    65,055

    Quote Originally Posted by Can'tcoach View Post
    Eight!
    You're getting ready to run out of fingers.

  10. #130

    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Posts
    57

    His is 6"6,in regional tournament against Paris he was trying to drive when he should of been catching the ball at the elbow and backing his man down (which was 6'' or less)and shooting over them.

  11. #131
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    53,902

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Western Kentucky has now offered.
    Would be a good fit for him.

  12. #132
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    20,693

    Quote Originally Posted by basketfullofeggs View Post
    His is 6"6,in regional tournament against Paris he was trying to drive when he should of been catching the ball at the elbow and backing his man down (which was 6'' or less)and shooting over them.
    Backing them down from the elbow? This isn’t the NBA

  13. #133
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    15,978

    Quote Originally Posted by basketfullofeggs View Post
    His is 6"6,in regional tournament against Paris he was trying to drive when he should of been catching the ball at the elbow and backing his man down (which was 6'' or less)and shooting over them.
    What position does he play? Handles the rock rather smoothly. Not sure he will be a post player. His coach does a fine job with him.

  14. #134

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by basketfullofeggs View Post
    His is 6"6,in regional tournament against Paris he was trying to drive when he should of been catching the ball at the elbow and backing his man down (which was 6'' or less)and shooting over them.
    Allen led the state in scoring this past year while scoring over 1,000 points. It sounds to me that system fits him pretty well.

  15. #135
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    53,902

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    What position does he play? Handles the rock rather smoothly. Not sure he will be a post player. His coach does a fine job with him.
    Agree 100%

Top