Did CCH peak at the beginning of the season?

Page 3 of I... 78 comments | 5640 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    ďIt's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,624

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcatpride View Post
    Who is D-1 on CC ? I know they have a good team but I wasn't aware of 2 D-1 players on the roster.
    Frederick is going to Iowa. Walter to Xavier.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,735

    One thing that really hurt Covington Catholic the last two days was having to play Ballard in the second round. Ballard is one of the quickest and highest intensity defenses I have ever seen. They completely wore CovCath out. Then coming back the next day to face an elite Fern Creek team was just too much.

    Covington Catholic could definitely beat any of their last three opponents if they played them again, but they could lose to all three as well.

    I believe there are 6 elite teams in the state, and they are definitely one of them.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    137

    Iowa and Xavier to play basketball? Who would that be?

  4. #34
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    66,292

    No.

    CovCath lost to a pair of Top 10 statewide teams on a neutral floor with a key player sidelined.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    66

    Cov Cath will be just fine. Two back to back losses are tough, yes. Travelling 3 hours round trip 4 days in a row during exam week, tough. Beating Ballard early on, tough. These kids will rebound like no other. The flow will be back. And again, they will be a major contender come tourny time. And not to mention in all 4 games, it seemed as though the entire gym was rooting against CCH. Not making excuses, but these were all factors.

  6. #36
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    ďIt's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,624

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicCharlie View Post
    And not to mention in all 4 games, it seemed as though the entire gym was rooting against CCH. Not making excuses, but these were all factors.
    Two of the four games they were playing Louisville teams, so yeah...

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Sugartit
    Posts
    11,416

    Hilarious thread.
    Are people expecting CCH to run the table and win state?
    There are other good teams out there that play high school basketball.
    They happened to play a couple of them this week.

    The only thing that I see that could be an issue for CCH and some will disagree is that they may lack a second dependable ball handler.
    Some will say Frederick is capable, but he can be bothered by quicker smaller players in the open court.
    Just my assessment.
    Just might want to temper the expectations a bit. Only Cooper is going to give them fits in the 9th Region

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    286

    Quote Originally Posted by CCHColonels44 View Post
    Iím a huge fan of CCH but the more games I watch it seems that they are declining. Ball control is a problem. Forced shots are a problem. Lack of spreading it around seems to be a problem.... I hope It was just traveling back and forth from NKY to Louisville. I know they have the talent....
    I agree with your comments.

    IMO, they depend too much on the guard play and arent developing the other players into confident scorers.

    They need to play more team ball!

    When its crunch time, the two guards seem to be the only ones who take shots.

    This is too easy for good defenses to key on ...

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Posts
    179

    Quote Originally Posted by SECRules View Post
    I agree with your comments.

    IMO, they depend too much on the guard play and arent developing the other players into confident scorers.

    They need to play more team ball!

    When its crunch time, the two guards seem to be the only ones who take shots.

    This is too easy for good defenses to key on ...
    Agree 100%

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Posts
    179

    Quote Originally Posted by letabrotherspeak View Post
    Hilarious thread.
    Are people expecting CCH to run the table and win state?
    There are other good teams out there that play high school basketball.
    They happened to play a couple of them this week.

    The only thing that I see that could be an issue for CCH and some will disagree is that they may lack a second dependable ball handler.
    Some will say Frederick is capable, but he can be bothered by quicker smaller players in the open court.
    Just my assessment.
    Just might want to temper the expectations a bit. Only Cooper is going to give them fits in the 9th Region

    I don’t think hilarious. As you can see there are several people that have the same concerns. Let’s just all Agee that CCH is talented and will prevail!!

  11. #41

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    They'll be fine. These types of games will serve them well down the road.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,297

    Quote Originally Posted by CCHColonels44 View Post
    Oh yea. Headed he transferred. I stand corrected. Thanks!!
    He didnít transfer, he is a Senior.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,297

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcatpride View Post
    Who is D-1 on CC ? I know they have a good team but I wasn't aware of 2 D-1 players on the roster.
    Jake Walter-C-Xavier
    CJ Fredrick-SG-Iowa

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,297

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    For those of you that think CCH should have beaten Fern Creek, I couldnít disagree more. CCH will struggle against every team that has quick athletic guards, and FC has exactly that. CCH couldnít create separation on offense, and couldnít stay in front of their man on defense in the FC game. Size alone isnít always the key to success.
    CCH wore down in 4th quarter and was short handed without AJ Mayer. They were up 6 going into the 4th quarter. Jason Frakes said it best that playing Ballard/Fern Creek on consecutive nights when you are short handed and having to make 3 consecutive long drives would made it an almost impossible scenario.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,297

    I look forward to all these teams getting each other’s “best shot” come March. Still think CCH has the best team when they are rested and at full strength. I would take this team over their 2014 State Champ team.

Top