Covington Holy Cross 69 Holmes 63 (35th District Semifinal)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Latonia
    Posts
    1,521

    Covington Holy Cross 69 Holmes 63 (35th District Semifinal)

    Final from Holmes.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Again Holmes has really fallen to the bottom of the barrel. Just sad for such a historical program.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,970

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1 View Post
    Again Holmes has really fallen to the bottom of the barrel. Just sad for such a historical program.
    What's sad? They had a great run, a historical run where they were loaded with talent. Since Beetle graduated these last 3 years they really haven't had much talent. We're acting like they been bad for a long time. They just happen to be in a cycle where not much talent. They have some nice talent coming up in the younger groups though.

  4. #4
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,769

    End of an era for Coach L, Godspeed Mike, you'll be missed. A fine, fine man who leaves a lot of people better for having known him.

  5. #5
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    What's sad? They had a great run, a historical run where they were loaded with talent. Since Beetle graduated these last 3 years they really haven't had much talent. We're acting like they been bad for a long time. They just happen to be in a cycle where not much talent. They have some nice talent coming up in the younger groups though.
    What is sad really? C’mon they have been bad for 3 years and don’t make the regional tournament. That to me is really sad and I am willing to bet that other past Bulldog players and fans feel the same way.

    As far as future talent, I hope you are right but determining the next coach is critical too.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,970

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1 View Post
    What is sad really? C’mon they have been bad for 3 years and don’t make the regional tournament. That to me is really sad and I am willing to bet that other past Bulldog players and fans feel the same way.

    As far as future talent, I hope you are right but determining the next coach is critical too.
    For me it's only sad if they had the talent and underachieved with it. They simply haven't had the talent. Talent wise they were basically with everyone else in the district besides Covcath. Which it showed by two of the three years having a 3 way the. Unfortunately for them they got the worst draw possible and had to play Covcath 2 of the last 3 years. So this really was the 1st year in the last 3 years they had a shot to make it, but came up short.

    Does it suck no making it, no doubt. By saying sad it makes it seem like it was more than just not enough talent. Which is why I disagree. Imo it was simply the talent level is not there.

  7. #7
    Baseball Nut 24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 10
    Posts
    1,719

    Indians were led by Jordan Niehaus with 21 points. Nolan Schrand added 19.

    I'll have more stats when I get home.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 16
    Posts
    280

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1 View Post
    What is sad really? C’mon they have been bad for 3 years and don’t make the regional tournament. That to me is really sad and I am willing to bet that other past Bulldog players and fans feel the same way.

    As far as future talent, I hope you are right but determining the next coach is critical too.
    Is Brad Carr interested in the Holmes job? How about Wimzie?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    291

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1 View Post
    What is sad really? C’mon they have been bad for 3 years and don’t make the regional tournament. That to me is really sad and I am willing to bet that other past Bulldog players and fans feel the same way.

    As far as future talent, I hope you are right but determining the next coach is critical too.
    Holmes should make a run at Dave Bezold, he would be a game changer if Holmes could get him.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 16
    Posts
    280

    Quote Originally Posted by Northside View Post
    Holmes should make a run at Dave Bezold, he would be a game changer if Holmes could get him.
    Bezold is at Xavier. Why would he leave Xavier for a high school job?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    537

    Quote Originally Posted by Northside View Post
    Holmes should make a run at Dave Bezold, he would be a game changer if Holmes could get him.
    Sounds like they'll be competing with his alma mater for his services

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 16
    Posts
    280

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Mitchell View Post
    Sounds like they'll be competing with his alma mater for his services
    Bezold is at Xavier. He isn't leaving Xavier for a high school job.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    138

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Mitchell View Post
    Sounds like they'll be competing with his alma mater for his services
    Whose alma mater?

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    291

    Quote Originally Posted by HSBballfan24 View Post
    Whose alma mater?
    Bezold played at Holy Cross so I assume he means Schrand will be leaving.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    138

    Gotcha

Top