CovCath @ Scott HS 2/5

Page 2 of Originally Posted by Ballhawk This is a waste of time , we could go back and forth all day long. You have your opinon and I have mine. Scott has been p... 38 comments | 1182 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Quote Originally Posted by colonel-fan
    Will this prediction turn out better than your CovCath/Scott County one did?

    I sure hope so.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Theoldguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    14,394

    I just hope CovCath doesn't look past tonights match up against the Camels of Campbell County. I also worry that the Scott County game on February 13th will be on the Colonels mind much more so, than the Scott HS (Kenton Co) and NewCath games....

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Posts
    32,704

    Quote Originally Posted by Theoldguy
    I just hope CovCath doesn't look past tonights match up against the Camels of Campbell County. I also worry that the Scott County game on February 13th will be on the Colonels mind much more so, than the Scott HS (Kenton Co) and NewCath games....

    To be honest, OG, should the Colonels look past the Camels, they still win by 10.

  4. #19
    Theoldguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    14,394

    Quote Originally Posted by cshs81
    To be honest, OG, should the Colonels look past the Camels, they still win by 10.
    You know that, and I know that, heck even Campbell County knows that, but we shouldn't say, or think that, correct!

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Posts
    496

    CovCath 72
    Scott 58

    CovCath plays 4 quarters like no one else. Non-stop in your face defense and smart with the ball on offense. This will wear on the Eagles in the second half.

  6. #21
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Tonight's the big game. Hopefully there will a big crowd for the game.

    It would be a huge W for the Eagles if they can pull it off.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Posts
    32,704

    Quote Originally Posted by uknowho1
    CovCath 72
    Scott 58

    CovCath plays 4 quarters like no one else. Non-stop in your face defense and smart with the ball on offense. This will wear on the Eagles in the second half.
    I think you've nailed it pretty well.

  8. #23
    cch5432's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
    Posts
    10,154

    I think CovCath has a pretty clear advantage at every single position. But then again, I guess I always think that

    CCH 74
    Scott 59

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Posts
    119

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1
    They have a very short bench and 3 key starters (Sharp, Miller, Smith) are averaging around 30-31 minutes a game.
    Last time I checked Scott had 5 starters just like everyone else. One of which had a very solid game against Highlands.

  10. #25
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballhawk
    Last time I checked Scott had 5 starters just like everyone else. One of which had a very solid game against Highlands.
    You are right, they do have 5 starters. But, Sharp, Miller, and Smith do 95% or better of the scoring. Plus, they are having to stay on the floor 30-31 minutes in order for Scott to have any chance of winning the game.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Posts
    119

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1
    You are right, they do have 5 starters. But, Sharp, Miller, and Smith do 95% or better of the scoring. Plus, they are having to stay on the floor 30-31 minutes in order for Scott to have any chance of winning the game.

    So your saying it does'nt matter who the other two starters are as long as these three are on the floor?
    You know there is more to basketball than scoring you have to play defense also!

  12. #27
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballhawk
    So your saying it does'nt matter who the other two starters are as long as these three are on the floor?
    You know there is more to basketball than scoring you have to play defense also!

    I never said that it didn't matter who the other two starters are, I was just saying these three are the main players. Sharp leads in steals and assists along with scoring. Miller is now second in scoring and leads in rebounding. Smith is typically in double figures in scoring and plays pretty good defense. So, I think they are doing more than just scoring, don't you?

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Posts
    32,704

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballhawk
    So your saying it does'nt matter who the other two starters are as long as these three are on the floor?
    You know there is more to basketball than scoring you have to play defense also!
    edit

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Posts
    119

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1
    I never said that it didn't matter who the other two starters are, I was just saying these three are the main players. Sharp leads in steals and assists along with scoring. Miller is now second in scoring and leads in rebounding. Smith is typically in double figures in scoring and plays pretty good defense. So, I think they are doing more than just scoring, don't you?
    One of the other two starters is second in rebounds and assists, so I think he is doing his part also, if you want to quote stats.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Posts
    119

    This is a waste of time , we could go back and forth all day long. You have your opinon and I have mine. Scott has been playing pretty good ball as a team. It takes five to make a team.

Top