Courier-Journal's All-State basketball teams

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    190

    Courier-Journal's All-State basketball teams

    Here's a link:

    http://www.courier-journal.com/story...ams/100468660/
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    9,163

    A fallow year for Jefferson County......highest vote getter comes in at no. 20. I doubt that this has ever been done before.

  3. #3
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,791

    No Peyton Broughton from North Laurel. Signs with EKU and not even an honorable mention.

  4. #4
    15th Region's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Location
    15th Region
    Posts
    1,895

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    No Peyton Broughton from North Laurel. Signs with EKU and not even an honorable mention.
    He made 1st Team.

  5. #5
    15th Region's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Location
    15th Region
    Posts
    1,895

    Congrats to all players. Nice to see two 15th region players make it. Both Mason and Timmy have made all state for LHL and CJ already

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    360

    Really really confused by these all-state selections....congrats to all the young men on the list well-deserved. I'm a John Hardin fan and there is no way Mickey Pearson does not make at least honorable mention on this list.

  7. #7
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,791

    Quote Originally Posted by 15th Region View Post
    He made 1st Team.
    Your right, sorry I missed it. Must be blind.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Posts
    457

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    Really really confused by these all-state selections....congrats to all the young men on the list well-deserved. I'm a John Hardin fan and there is no way Mickey Pearson does not make at least honorable mention on this list.
    Less than half the coaches in the state turn in ballots. You can usually tell by how many make honorable mention from each region. It's sad.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    246

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopJunkie View Post
    Less than half the coaches in the state turn in ballots. You can usually tell by how many make honorable mention from each region. It's sad.
    I think if you look at most of the Region's that don't have any HM, it's probably because it's top heavy with exceptional players. The 14th has who they should have on their, the 5th does and the 10th does.
    The 10th has 3 players and the 14th has 2 on the actual team. If Fitzgerald and Harmon are only HM, then the criteria must be strong.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    360

    In essence the rankings are saying Pearson is not in the top 50 players in Kentucky (roughly)....strong criteria or not I think that's an injustice. I don't mean to take away from anyone on this list they all deserve it.... he should have been added....23 pts 9 rebs and 2 blocks per game.

  11. #11
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    53,343

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    In essence the rankings are saying Pearson is not in the top 50 players in Kentucky (roughly)....strong criteria or not I think that's an injustice. I don't mean to take away from anyone on this list they all deserve it.... he should have been added....23 pts 9 rebs and 2 blocks per game.
    The 5th clearly didn't vote well this year. Bardstown should've had about 3 HMs. Bethlehem's Matthew Hagan as well. And Washington Co's DT Yocum.

    There were others, but the ones I noted were most nearby to me.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    99

    Personally I think it is dumb of the Lexington and Louisville paper to use coaches vote anyways.

    KABC should have an all state team of coaches vote but the papers should be their choices not a coaches vote, makes absolutely no sense. Same with pre season. Shouldn't be called the courier journal all state team should be the coaches vote all state team

  13. #13
    True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Truth should shape people's politics, rather than politics shaping what people think is true.
    Posts
    24,989

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsKnowItAll View Post
    Personally I think it is dumb of the Lexington and Louisville paper to use coaches vote anyways.

    KABC should have an all state team of coaches vote but the papers should be their choices not a coaches vote, makes absolutely no sense. Same with pre season. Shouldn't be called the courier journal all state team should be the coaches vote all state team
    The papers allow the coaches to choose the team. That is their choice, but it is still the Courier-Journal All State Team.

  14. #14
    True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Truth should shape people's politics, rather than politics shaping what people think is true.
    Posts
    24,989

    Congrats to South Oldham's Jo Griffin.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    99

    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    The papers allow the coaches to choose the team. That is their choice, but it is still the Courier-Journal All State Team.
    Yes but they don't want to take ownership on it cause they makes sure to say this is based on a coaches vote so when someone complains they are quick to say coaches vote

Top