Could Dontaie Allen Break Kelly Coleman's Record?

Page 2 of Pendleton County star and UK Signee Dontaie Allen is off to fast start scoring this season with back-to-back 50 plus points games. This made me wonder ... 33 comments | 3274 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 15
    Posts
    397

    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    Ervin Stepp 53.7 in 1980 I believe. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
    WOW...that's awesome.

    Crazy to think about.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Posts
    731

    With his talent, and their schedule, he’s going to have a massive year statistically.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,012

    I don't see him averaging 50 a game, But I do believe he will be in the 40 point range per game.

  4. #19
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,260

    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenWyngz View Post
    Sorry, misread that as you wanting the highest average per game ever.
    No problem.

  5. #20
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    4,273

    I'd say both are highly unlikely, unless his teammates buy into the team playing in "LeMelo Ball" mode for the entire season.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,012

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cat View Post
    I'd say both are highly unlikely, unless his teammates buy into the team playing in "LeMelo Ball" mode for the entire season.
    I believe that has already happened over the last 2/3 years.

  7. #22
    JackieMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Posts
    334

    No chance he averages 50.

    But is exciting to see him putting up big numbers.

  8. #23
    Brcatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    652

    Scott has not lost to PC since 2006...Interesting find.

    I think Dontaie will be worn out throughout the season with the heavy load of being the main contributor for the team. I do think he averages better than most in the state due to the schedule of PC. I would like to see his average playing time for the season per game also...

  9. #24
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,366

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    I knew Stepp was something else, but I was specifically looking for Harrison's highest points per game average? Do you know that?
    1182 points, now we need to find a Toellesbori yearbook.

  10. #25
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,366

    I could see 37-40 per game average.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Location
    Independence KY
    Posts
    2,905

    Chad Ohmer D at Scott has been making teams crazy for past few years. Remember his defensive play as a sophomore was huge in their final 4 run. Yet Allen had 53....make you think it's possible. I think if the kid cared about the record get could get it but I think he is a team player and in games they are up he won't be just adding to his numbers he will work to get others I involved with the offense.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    May 18
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    436

    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyJoe View Post
    Chad Ohmer D at Scott has been making teams crazy for past few years. Remember his defensive play as a sophomore was huge in their final 4 run. Yet Allen had 53....make you think it's possible. I think if the kid cared about the record get could get it but I think he is a team player and in games they are up he won't be just adding to his numbers he will work to get others I involved with the offense.
    When Allen scored most of his points Ohmer wasn’t on him.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    423

    Quote Originally Posted by One Great Scorer View Post
    When Allen scored most of his points Ohmer wasn’t on him.
    Not sure how much it would have mattered. Maybe a few points. I think he’s still scoring 40+.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    423

    I don’t see the average of 50 or 41.3 happening, but high 30s for sure!

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,303

    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Quarters View Post
    I believe that has already happened over the last 2/3 years.
    Not so at all. Dontae is a TEAM player and will not try to get his at the expense of the Win. Have seen him for 4 years and would be surprised if his teammates saw his play differently than what I have described.

Top