Cooper vs. Highlands Predictions (9th Region Quarterfinals)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cooper

    29 64.44%
  • Highlands

    16 35.56%
  1. #1
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    39,454

    Cooper vs. Highlands Predictions (9th Region Quarterfinals)

    Tipoff between Cooper (24-5) and Highlands (20-11) is tonight at 8:00pm at NKU's BB&T Arena.

    Who wins this one?
    Advertisement
    Last edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue; Feb 25, 19 at 09:04 AM.

  2. #2
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    39,454

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Posts
    37

    This is going to be a better game than most are anticipating. Highlands has the horses to win this game, and it wouldn't shock me if they do. If Highlands is healthy, this will be a dandy for the first round of regional. I would think Coach Sullivan did not like seeing Highlands style in the first round.

  4. #4
    The Double Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    698

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthSeas View Post
    This is going to be a better game than most are anticipating.
    To the contrary, I think most are with you in that Highlands can, and certainly may, win the game. I think you're actually in the majority.

    I'm going to take the other side and say that it isn't going to be as close as most are predicting, that Cooper wins a game that may only be 10-15 on the scoreboard, but will be described by those in attendance as "not as close as the score indicates".

  5. #5
    kyag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Location
    Hebron
    Posts
    525

    Coopers seniors step up and get the win. 55-46 Cooper. It will be interesting to see who Sullivan puts on Sisson, is it Spencer or Houston?
    Last edited by kyag; Feb 25, 19 at 11:17 AM. Reason: spelling

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 19
    Posts
    61

    This should be a great game. Highlands has been playing well as of late and Cooper seems to be getting everyone's best shot. Cooper's defense is obviously the key tonight. If Sisson can put the bluebirds on his back, then I can see the upset happening. I am still going with Cooper. 43-39.

  7. #7
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,138

    Quote Originally Posted by kyag View Post
    Coopers seniors step up and get the win. 55-46 Cooper. It will be interesting to see who Sullivan puts on Sisson, is it Spencer or Houston?
    How did Sullivan/Cooper defend Sisson the first time they played each other?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Posts
    40

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    How did Sullivan/Cooper defend Sisson the first time they played each other?
    I feel the first game was not/cannot be used to predict how Cooper will handle Sisson. BOTH teams are better. Both teams have been tested since and both teams I'm sure, have added new wrinkles to their offensive and defensive strategies.

    Also, the first game this year was without Sam Vinson for Highlands, and anyone who has watched them enough knows how valuable he is for starting the Bluebird offense. If Highlands can limit turnovers, get the ball inside, and be patient then we may have an upset tonight!

  9. #9
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,138

    Quote Originally Posted by throwback32 View Post
    I feel the first game was not/cannot be used to predict how Cooper will handle Sisson. BOTH teams are better. Both teams have been tested since and both teams I'm sure, have added new wrinkles to their offensive and defensive strategies.

    Also, the first game this year was without Sam Vinson for Highlands, and anyone who has watched them enough knows how valuable he is for starting the Bluebird offense. If Highlands can limit turnovers, get the ball inside, and be patient then we may have an upset tonight!
    That Cooper Highlands game was just a month ago. There shouldn't be that much difference now versus then in what the teams are doing. However, the Vinson factor makes things different.

    Back to my question, what was Cooper's defensive plan versus Sisson the first game?

  10. #10
    JackieMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Posts
    330

    Quote Originally Posted by throwback32 View Post
    I feel the first game was not/cannot be used to predict how Cooper will handle Sisson. BOTH teams are better. Both teams have been tested since and both teams I'm sure, have added new wrinkles to their offensive and defensive strategies.

    Also, the first game this year was without Sam Vinson for Highlands, and anyone who has watched them enough knows how valuable he is for starting the Bluebird offense. If Highlands can limit turnovers, get the ball inside, and be patient then we may have an upset tonight!
    I disagree that both teams are better. Cooper is actually playing worse in the last few weeks.

    However, I am still going with the Jags by single digits.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Posts
    40

    Quote Originally Posted by JackieMoon View Post
    I disagree that both teams are better. Cooper is actually playing worse in the last few weeks.

    However, I am still going with the Jags by single digits.
    10-2 since the Cov Cath loss is pretty solid, but I get what you are saying.

    If true, I hope it continues to take a downward spiral, at least for another night!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    92

    Cooper will have no answer for Sisson.
    Bluebirds by 7!

Top