Cooper 52 Madison Central 42

Page 2 of Final from Lexington... 29 comments | 2297 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    9,736

    It's crazy how 5 of the 16 regions in the state seem head and shoulders about the others.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 16
    Posts
    489

    Quote Originally Posted by colonel-fan View Post
    It's crazy how 5 of the 16 regions in the state seem head and shoulders about the others.
    I am going to play along....6th, 7th, 9th, 11th & who? There is not another that sticks out to me on the level of those 4 but I could be missing one. If I had to throw another out there it might be the 12th, but I would not consider them with the other 4 at the moment.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,735

    Quote Originally Posted by coachlee View Post
    I am going to play along....6th, 7th, 9th, 11th & who? There is not another that sticks out to me on the level of those 4 but I could be missing one. If I had to throw another out there it might be the 12th, but I would not consider them with the other 4 at the moment.
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I just see those 4. I guess you could argue Oldham Co and Walton-Verona put the 8th next, or Knox Central and Corbin for the 13th. But I don't think you can put them on a level with the top 4.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    922

    Cooper 52, Madison Central 42

    Madison (10-2) - Minter 4 4 12, Miller 2 0 5, Gerald 4 0 8, McKee 6 2 15, Charlton 1 0 2. Totals: 17 6 42.

    Cooper (10-2) - Kunkel 8 3 21, Oilier 1 1 3, Runion 4 5 14, McNeil 1 0 2, Waltesr 2 0 5, Houston 2 0 5, Spencer 1 0 2. Totals: 19 9 52.

    Halftime: C 30-24. 3-pointers: C 5 (Kunkel 2, Runion, Walters, Houston), MC 2 (Miller, McKee).

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    Quote Originally Posted by coachlee View Post
    I am going to play along....6th, 7th, 9th, 11th & who? There is not another that sticks out to me on the level of those 4 but I could be missing one. If I had to throw another out there it might be the 12th, but I would not consider them with the other 4 at the moment.
    Campbell, GRC and Pendleton in the 10th.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Nov 16
    Posts
    489

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Campbell, GRC and Pendleton in the 10th.
    Jury is still out for me on all three until there is a quality win that can be pointed to. The best win anyone of the three has is GRC with a win over Waggener out of the 7th region. Waggener is towards the top of the 7th, but they are a notch below the two big dogs of Trinity & Ballard. The 6th has at least three or four teams that are very tough led by Fern Creek and Butler. The 9th has two loaded teams in Cooper and Covington Cath (Cooper beat Campbell by 13 in the opener which was their best opponent to date). The 11th is loaded much like the 6th with Scott County, Bryan Station, and Madison Central (Madison Central beat GRC by 21 in early Dec which was their best opponent to date).
    I just don't see 10th region on the same level of regional excellence as the 6th, 7th, 9th, & 11th regions. If and when they beat some better competition I might see it, but not now based on their body of work.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    Eh, good thing your view is just that: Your view.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    1,033

    I think the point @coachlee might be making is that the statement was "head and shoulders" above the rest.....I don't think PC, Campbell County or GRC makes the 10th head and shoulders above the rest.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    I think the point @coachlee might be making is that the statement was "head and shoulders" above the rest.....I don't think PC, Campbell County or GRC makes the 10th head and shoulders above the rest.
    Yet, they are except for the 4 regions already mentioned ...

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 16
    Posts
    489

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Yet, they are except for the 4 regions already mentioned ...
    Dognation is correct, not trying to say the 10th does not have good teams, all 3 of those teams could end up being seriously good. They just have not beaten anyone yet that warrants them being in the "head and shoulders" level the other four regions are in. To put them in that same category is not what most outside of the 10th region would view. That said, the 10th might be at the top of the next curve of teams like those in the 5th, 8th, or 12th. The 13th has two teams pretty good and the 1st as well.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    17

    Adam Kunkel is a very unselfish player and had 33 and 35 points over the break. I havenít seen a better senior.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,484

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Campbell, GRC and Pendleton in the 10th.
    Their most recent results do not support your claim.

  13. #28
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,933

    12th>10th.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    604

    Quote Originally Posted by coachlee View Post
    Jury is still out for me on all three until there is a quality win that can be pointed to. The best win anyone of the three has is GRC with a win over Waggener out of the 7th region. Waggener is towards the top of the 7th, but they are a notch below the two big dogs of Trinity & Ballard. The 6th has at least three or four teams that are very tough led by Fern Creek and Butler. The 9th has two loaded teams in Cooper and Covington Cath (Cooper beat Campbell by 13 in the opener which was their best opponent to date). The 11th is loaded much like the 6th with Scott County, Bryan Station, and Madison Central (Madison Central beat GRC by 21 in early Dec which was their best opponent to date).
    I just don't see 10th region on the same level of regional excellence as the 6th, 7th, 9th, & 11th regions. If and when they beat some better competition I might see it, but not now based on their body of work.
    Very good observation.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Oct 17
    Posts
    174

    Quote Originally Posted by Bird86 View Post
    Adam Kunkel is a very unselfish player and had 33 and 35 points over the break. I haven’t seen a better senior.
    Kunkel is the best player around definitely best in 9th region. Cooper last year had the 2 best players around with McNeil and Kunkel unselfish team players who makes everyone better. They neither one cared who got credit just the win. The sad thing is Kunkel doesn’t get the hype. If Cooper had people blowing up the internet like cch does he would be the best player in the nation. Sullivan is the best coach in the state Cooper plays as a team. I love watching the Cooper program. Begged my boys to go their and leave Kenton co

Top