Coaches for Ky/Ind. series this summer

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Posts
    208

    Coaches for Ky/Ind. series this summer

    Any word or thoughts on who will coach the annual Ky/Ind. all-star series this summer...
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    diggerphelps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,695

    ttt

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    192

    Quote Originally Posted by CrestwoodKnowitall
    Any word or thoughts on who will coach the annual Ky/Ind. all-star series this summer...
    Seems you nailed the boys coaches, have any idea about the girls coaches?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,694

    Quote Originally Posted by Beta
    Seems you nailed the boys coaches, have any idea about the girls coaches?


  5. #5
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,511

    Buddy Biggs seems like an up and comer.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Posts
    1,912

    I pity whoever takes the helm if all of Indiana's players decide to play this year. Oden is a monster in the middle. Last year's Indiana junior team was about equal to its senior team. The games could get ugly early this year.

  7. #7
    Bird Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Two States
    Posts
    819

    Quote Originally Posted by NEERFAN
    Buddy Biggs seems like an up and comer.
    If I'm not mistaken, you have to have a certain amount of head coaching years under your belt before you can become head coach. Coach Biggs is in his 5th season, but I don't see him being nominated or voted for Head Coach this year. He definitely could be a top assistant though.

    Keep in mind Coach Biggs was an assistant in the KY/OH All-Star game this past season.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    392

    On the positive side, Gary Forrest of Oldham County High will not be coaching it. Maybe this year, the rightful players will be selected without so much politics involved.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    392

    On the positive side, Gary Forrest of Oldham County High will not be coaching it. Maybe this year, the rightful players will be selected without so much politics involved. Even if we are outmatched talent wise, let the players that deserve to play have their chance.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    192

    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Man
    If I'm not mistaken, you have to have a certain amount of head coaching years under your belt before you can become head coach. Coach Biggs is in his 5th season, but I don't see him being nominated or voted for Head Coach this year. He definitely could be a top assistant though.

    Keep in mind Coach Biggs was an assistant in the KY/OH All-Star game this past season.
    Tim Riley from Warren Central for Head Coach and Jeff Morrow from Jeffersontown as Asst. Coach were announced Sat. night at the LIT

  11. #11
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    54,151

    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes3
    On the positive side, Gary Forrest of Oldham County High will not be coaching it. Maybe this year, the rightful players will be selected without so much politics involved. Even if we are outmatched talent wise, let the players that deserve to play have their chance.
    Example please.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    192

    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes3
    On the positive side, Gary Forrest of Oldham County High will not be coaching it. Maybe this year, the rightful players will be selected without so much politics involved. Even if we are outmatched talent wise, let the players that deserve to play have their chance.
    Jared Carter surely would have made the team if he would have showed up at the tryouts. I don't think the coach picks the teams. Why didn't Carter participate?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    392

    Jim S., not going there in this thread. I will let someone else volunteer out the particulars.

  14. #14
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    54,151

    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes3
    Jim S., not going there in this thread. I will let someone else volunteer out the particulars.
    Then PM me.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    192

    Quote Originally Posted by CrestwoodKnowitall
    Any word or thoughts on who will coach the annual Ky/Ind. all-star series this summer...
    It looks like Don Dillard from Christian County is head coach for the girls and Randy Napier from Perry County is the Asst. Coach for the girls.

Top