Cats Pause 10th Region Preview

Page 9 of TOP 10 TEAMS 1.) Clark County 2.) Mason County 3.) Campbell County 4.) Scott 5.) Paris 6.) Pendleton County 7.) Harrison County 8.) Bissop Brossart 9.)... 132 comments | 13917 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #121
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    62,227

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcatpride View Post
    Harrison County Could be a top 5 team by season end as well. Big turnaround from last year for sure but I believe they have the talent to make some trouble for a few teams.
    That's probably who I would go with.

    Not sure what all Bourbon County has, but Ransom is really good.
    Advertisement

  2. #122
    brooksville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    10th Region
    Posts
    742

    I think Sam Hamilton will fly under the radar

  3. #123

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Okay, Zero - I'll bite.

    Who looks to be undervalued/flying under the radar in the 10th?
    @mcpapa youíre the GOAT for a reason!

    Harrison ended the season strong and return key parts....im pretty sure Brossart returns every player, which should make for an interesting 37th District. Those are my dark horse picks to make some noise

    It will be very interesting to see how The Guards of Mason gel this year compared to last year and also the same can be said for all the new parts at GRC.

    Last year was one for the books and with the great teams we have this year in the 10th...im expecting more of the same from the best region in the state!!!

  4. #124
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    7,693

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    @mcpapa you’re the GOAT for a reason!

    I'm pretty sure Brossart returns every player, which should make for an interesting 37th District.
    Shhhh!!!

  5. #125
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    57,858

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Shhhh!!!
    What part do you want to keep quiet about? Point A or point B?

  6. #126
    Mike Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    691

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    Well, hopefully you'll grow out of that some day and learn to just cheer on your team.
    Donít see that happening for a few more years given my age but you can hope I guess.

  7. #127
    Mike Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    691

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcatpride View Post
    Harrison County Could be a top 5 team by season end as well. Big turnaround from last year for sure but I believe they have the talent to make some trouble for a few teams.
    They seem to have Pendleton Countyís number come February most of the time but I think Mason County and GRC both are too athletic and fast for Harrison to beat them when either team is playing decent.

    I honestly think itís a 2 horse race with GRC at 1 and Mason at 2 and then you can probably include Campbell in at 3 but we shall see. 4-7 though will be a toss up all year with Scott, Brossart, Pendleton, and Harrison.

  8. #128

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    880

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Baxter View Post
    They seem to have Pendleton County’s number come February most of the time but I think Mason County and GRC both are too athletic and fast for Harrison to beat them when either team is playing decent.

    I honestly think it’s a 2 horse race with GRC at 1 and Mason at 2 and then you can probably include Campbell in at 3 but we shall see. 4-7 though will be a toss up all year with Scott, Brossart, Pendleton, and Harrison.
    Actually they are 2-2 in district tourney play and the same for regular season play over the last four years. A bit of a stretch to say Harrison has the Wildcats' number most of the time?

  9. #129

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Baxter View Post
    They seem to have Pendleton County’s number come February most of the time but I think Mason County and GRC both are too athletic and fast for Harrison to beat them when either team is playing decent.

    I honestly think it’s a 2 horse race with GRC at 1 and Mason at 2 and then you can probably include Campbell in at 3 but we shall see. 4-7 though will be a toss up all year with Scott, Brossart, Pendleton, and Harrison.
    Paris will be in the conversation of top 7 teams. They still have one of the better players in the region .

  10. #130
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    51,673

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    @mcpapa you’re the GOAT for a reason!

    Harrison ended the season strong and return key parts....im pretty sure Brossart returns every player, which should make for an interesting 37th District. Those are my dark horse picks to make some noise

    It will be very interesting to see how The Guards of Mason gel this year compared to last year and also the same can be said for all the new parts at GRC.

    Last year was one for the books and with the great teams we have this year in the 10th...im expecting more of the same from the best region in the state!!!
    Great post. I am so ready for this season to start

  11. #131
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    57,858

    Quote Originally Posted by KYBballfan10 View Post
    Paris will be in the conversation of top 7 teams. They still have one of the better players in the region .
    Agreed. Add Paris to the previously mentioned seven and you have what I believe to be the top 8 squads in the 10th.

  12. #132

    Join Date
    Dec 16
    Posts
    61

    Don't sleep on Robertson County. They return a lot of production from last season among those being Mason Burden and Alex Schalch. Still relatively young but the young guys are talented and have varsity experience.

    Agree on other teams already mentioned with GRC looking like the team to beat this season.

  13. #133
    Mike Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    691

    Quote Originally Posted by Soapy Water View Post
    Don't sleep on Robertson County. They return a lot of production from last season among those being Mason Burden and Alex Schalch. Still relatively young but the young guys are talented and have varsity experience.

    Agree on other teams already mentioned with GRC looking like the team to beat this season.
    Robertson will be improved and PK is doing a good job with what he has to work with, but if we're being honest it's not enough to crack the top 8 IMO, and Alex Schalch will be the best player on that team. Robertson just doesn't have the talent pool that they used to.

    I do think as long as they avoid Pendleton Co then they can make Region.

Top