Carson Williams and Larry Bird

Page 10 of Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac No thanks needed for me. I could be wrong and just value others opinions. Now, do I think he is as good as Bird was ... 208 comments | 11434 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #136

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    620

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffster View Post
    Springs Valley wasn't exactly a hotbed of high school basketball- hot springs yes- but not a place to find talent. Imagine Carson without AAU ball. He'd be hard to find in Owen County. Will he grow? His beard may grow a bit longer but the height well is dry. With all that said he's still the best player in Kentucky this year.
    Springs Valley was off the map. Heck, French Lick, Ind., was until Larry Bird was on NBC in 1978!
    Advertisement

  2. #137

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    620

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I hope Carson is reading this thread and laughing that his game has caused such asinine comparisons.

    As an NKU alum , though, I hope you are 100% correct. #CarsonLegend
    I take you know everything about everything? Then again, you told me William Slaughter played football in the playoffs against Conner and I confirmed that is not correct. So I understand you now at least. A contrarian without facts. Thank you.

  3. #138

    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    9,163

    Quote Originally Posted by OldhamOldie View Post
    Thank you. One calls me a PR guy for Carson, the other says I'm making life rough on him. At least their inconsistencies make up for their lack of athletic backgrounds, HAHAHA.

    No thanks needed for me. I could be wrong and just value others opinions.

    Now, do I think he is as good as Bird was in high school, I have strong doubts, however, you call it as you see it.

    Pretty unnecessary to bring the region thing up, but then again you have an opinion. On that I disagree. I think most on here appreciate kids wherever they play.

  4. #139

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by OldhamOldie View Post
    I take you know everything about everything? Then again, you told me William Slaughter played football in the playoffs against Conner and I confirmed that is not correct. So I understand you now at least. A contrarian without facts. Thank you.
    I talked to Willie Slaughter after the game on the field. He played.

  5. #140
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,940

    Everyone in this thread hopes you are right OldhamOldie. No one believes you are right, but they all hope you are right.

  6. #141

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    620

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    No thanks needed for me. I could be wrong and just value others opinions.

    Now, do I think he is as good as Bird was in high school, I have strong doubts, however, you call it as you see it.

    Pretty unnecessary to bring the region thing up, but then again you have an opinion. On that I disagree. I think most on here appreciate kids wherever they play.
    This whole thing was about two high school players in different eras, not an NBA Hall of Famer. Bird was very good in high school, so is Carson. Bird was a shy kid, but a tenacious player on the court. Williams is much like Bird in high school. That is all I said. But I respect your opinion without all the snakiness of some of the others on here. I did not realize how many of these people are just vicious and out to ridicule other's opinions, but now I have been alerted.

  7. #142

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    620

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I talked to Willie Slaughter after the game on the field. He played.
    That's interesting, since he had a cast on his leg until January. That comes from a former Newport player on that team who laughed when I asked him yesterday how William played. You might have shaken his hand, but you never saw him on the field playing.

  8. #143

    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    9,163

    Quote Originally Posted by OldhamOldie View Post
    This whole thing was about two high school players in different eras, not an NBA Hall of Famer. Bird was very good in high school, so is Carson. Bird was a shy kid, but a tenacious player on the court. Williams is much like Bird in high school. That is all I said. But I respect your opinion without all the snakiness of some of the others on here. I did not realize how many of these people are just vicious and out to ridicule other's opinions, but now I have been alerted.
    Cool, but remember some people are just having a little fun. I neverr take one thing personal on this site. I do laugh a lot. It's tough on here when you are a left winged, mamby pamby, tree hugging socialist. Or that is as as some believe.

  9. #144

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    620

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    Cool, but remember some people are just having a little fun. I neverr take one thing personal on this site. I do laugh a lot. It's tough on here when you are a left winged, mamby pamby, tree hugging socialist. Or that is as as some believe.
    Good points. One of my buddies said he can give me some pointers on "who" to avoid in this chat room, that they only do it to amuse themselves and pick fights when they are unseen. HAHAHA.

  10. #145

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    When I run into kids from Owen County, especially young kids, they look at Carson like a god. It's funny to hear them talk about him.

  11. #146

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    620

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    When I run into kids from Owen County, especially young kids, they look at Carson like a god. It's funny to hear them talk about him.
    Delete.

  12. #147
    15th Region's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Location
    15th Region
    Posts
    2,201

    This would be like comparing the top freshman in the state to Michael Jordan as a freshman. Well we all know Michael got cut from varsity his freshman year, therefore the best freshman in the state in comparable to Michael Jordan.

    Carson Williams is good, but to be mentioned in the same breath as Larry Bird is beyond me. Poor kid.

  13. #148

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by 15th Region View Post
    This would be like comparing the top freshman in the state to Michael Jordan as a freshman. Well we all know Michael got cut from varsity his freshman year, .
    Sophomore year

  14. #149

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    620

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Sophomore year
    Don't argue with this individual, he knows all and shook hands with a football player who had a cast on his leg yet played in the game.

  15. #150
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Quote Originally Posted by OldhamOldie View Post
    Yes. Rex had one thing on his mind: shooting and dunking. He was great at both. He also cost his team a chance to win a state title because of his inability to play unselfishly. Even at UK, he never led them to anything other than an early exit in the NCAA, and then he bolted before the scandal rocked UK with Sutton.
    Carson isn't even in the same ball park as Chapman. Chapman was an all American at UK and Carson isn't being sniffed at by UK. Chapman was a actual playing player in NBA and the closest Carson comes to playing in the NBA is in his dreams. Just stop comparing this kid to great all American college players and a NBA legend.

Top