Cantrall Ratings (2/14/2016)

  1. #1
    15th Region's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Location
    15th Region
    Posts
    2,201

    Cantrall Ratings (2/14/2016)

    Follow Link for full ratings:
    Rating the State: CovCath boys, Butler girls are new No. 1 teams | Lexington Herald-Leader
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Posts
    219

    If Scott county wins state, I am sure they will still be ranked like 5th or 6th. Day in and day out they prove they can beat anybody they play including Henry Clay TWICE who is 2nd. It's insane. Makes no sense at all!!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,735

    It's interesting that they don't include Cordia.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,140

    Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    It's interesting that they don't include Cordia.
    I agree. Going into Saturday, they were 9-0 in 2016 with recent wins over Newport Catholic and Murray (by a large margin). They are a top 15 team IMO, at least top 20.

  5. #5
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,134

    Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    It's interesting that they don't include Cordia.
    BGP's Top 20 rankings don't include them either.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,735

    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    I agree. Going into Saturday, they were 9-0 in 2016 with recent wins over Newport Catholic and Murray (by a large margin). They are a top 15 team IMO, at least top 20.
    While I do agree they are right around the top 20, I was more referring to the fact that they aren't included at all. They aren't in the 14th region rankings anywhere.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,140

    Rez - I understood your point. I was just adding that, if included, they should be top 20 based on their recent run.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,140

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    BGP's Top 20 rankings don't include them either.
    Is it because they're not eligible for post-season play?

  9. #9
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,134

    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    Is it because they're not eligible for post-season play?
    Yes.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    110

    Honestly there's no need to place too much emphasis on rankings. It is what it is! Let's take a trip back to the 2000-2001 season. Eventual state champions Lafayette finished the regular season with a record of 16-11. They went on to win the 43rd district title game by defeating a Bryan Station team that was 13-7. A week later they defeat 21-7 Lexington Catholic. Now let's head to Rupp where they defeated some pretty good teams in Carlisle County(18-5), Fairdale(20-7), Male(25-2) and North Hardin(23-3). I said that to say this. At the end of it all, rankings or records don't really matter. It's all about the team that comes together at the right time for one common goal. Because honestly, no one besides Lafayette themselves believed they would win the state title.

    All records posted are end of regular season records per Riherds Scoreboard.

Top