Campbell County 87 Augusta 67

  1. #1
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,943

    Campbell County 87 Augusta 67

    Final from Alexandria.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 15
    Posts
    2,054

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Final from Alexandria.
    This score was a surprise, thought the Camels would win but not by this much, congrats to the Camels. Sounded like a team effort on scoring, with a lot of assists, very unselfish.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 15
    Posts
    2,054

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Final from Alexandria.
    R.P. Do you have the stats for the game or anyone?

  4. #4
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,590

    Kept it close for a half, from the looks of the update thread.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    35

    Wilson 27 and 11. Hegyi 17. Clos,mcgovney,bertsch all had 13. Nice team win.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,497

    Wilson, too big and strong for five guard Panther team. To beat Camels in the regionals (catch that?), the Panthers have to stay out of foul trouble. That didn't happen tonight and seriously hampered the Panthers. Wilson is a banger and consistently initiated first contact that refs ruled incidental and Panther always got called for obvious reactive contact. With such a desparity in size, its too easy for refs to miss first contact.

    Panthers had a great game plan and their weakside help worked well until fouls mounted. Third qtr proved the difference and game over early tonight. Probably best game Camels have played in 2016. They are rounding into shape for a third run at Rupp. Could be team to beat.

  7. #7
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,626

    Biggest loss of the season for Augusta.

  8. #8
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,943

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsaholic Mamaw View Post
    R.P. Do you have the stats for the game or anyone?
    No, we left right after it was over.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by NEERFAN View Post
    Biggest loss of the season for Augusta.
    I'd have to disagree with that statement. Biggest loss for Augusta this year was in the All "A". That was their tournament to win. Camels played very well tonight and they rarely missed the basket. The outcome would have been the same but this game was poorly officiated. Almost a joke at times. But again, would not have changed the outcome.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    Wilson, too big and strong for five guard Panther team. To beat Camels in the regionals (catch that?), the Panthers have to stay out of foul trouble. That didn't happen tonight and seriously hampered the Panthers. Wilson is a banger and consistently initiated first contact that refs ruled incidental and Panther always got called for obvious reactive contact. With such a desparity in size, its too easy for refs to miss first contact.

    Panthers had a great game plan and their weakside help worked well until fouls mounted. Third qtr proved the difference and game over early tonight. Probably best game Camels have played in 2016. They are rounding into shape for a third run at Rupp. Could be team to beat.
    Disagree. Augusta had guys hanging on him most of the night.

    Side note- Brian Kirk was asking...nay, begging for a technical foul in the 4th quarter and the refs didn't give him one. Panthers never quit...of course they never stop playing hard. CC played like a top region team in the 2nd half.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,497

    Quote Originally Posted by LCDAWGS19 View Post
    Disagree. Augusta had guys hanging on him most of the night.

    Side note- Brian Kirk was asking...nay, begging for a technical foul in the 4th quarter and the refs didn't give him one. Panthers never quit...of course they never stop playing hard. CC played like a top region team in the 2nd half.
    You are correct, Augusta did bang on him all night. They fought to deny him position he wanted and consistently was able to muscle and take from them. When you are 9 inches shorter and 70 lbs lighter, the refs need to be top line to give you first contact fouls. The reaction, 2nd contact was the norm tonight. Wilson is an excellent HS big man and knows how to be effective against his opponents talents. Muscling and banging against the five guard Panthers was a winning recipe tonight. Congrats to the Camels on an impressive win with contributions coming from multiple players.

  12. #12
    afi100guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    5 Guys, not just a restaurant name anymore!!
    Posts
    2,953

    Great second half by the Camels. I am hoping this is a start to a nice run (similar to previous years).

  13. #13
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,413

    Quote Originally Posted by NEERFAN View Post
    Biggest loss of the season for Augusta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectator52 View Post
    I'd have to disagree with that statement. Biggest loss for Augusta this year was in the All "A". That was their tournament to win. Camels played very well tonight and they rarely missed the basket. The outcome would have been the same but this game was poorly officiated. Almost a joke at times. But again, would not have changed the outcome.
    I think he probably means biggest margin of defeat. Prior to last night, Augusta had lost four games by single digits, and once (to Mason County) by 11.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    My Own Little World
    Posts
    244

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    Wilson, too big and strong for five guard Panther team. To beat Camels in the regionals (catch that?), the Panthers have to stay out of foul trouble. That didn't happen tonight and seriously hampered the Panthers. Wilson is a banger and consistently initiated first contact that refs ruled incidental and Panther always got called for obvious reactive contact. With such a desparity in size, its too easy for refs to miss first contact.

    Panthers had a great game plan and their weakside help worked well until fouls mounted. Third qtr proved the difference and game over early tonight. Probably best game Camels have played in 2016. They are rounding into shape for a third run at Rupp. Could be team to beat.
    It's difficult to be "the initiator of contact" with 2-3 guys hanging and holding and grabbing jersey. Wilson takes up a lot of space and is a strong kid who is tough to handle. In my opinion he does a good job moving and trying to get into position to receive the ball. He gets beat up and is double and triple teamed every game but you will rarely see him complain, ever throw an elbow, or lose his cool. Good tough player.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Posts
    127

    Am I the only person not shocked by this score?

Top