Campbell County 87 Augusta 67

Page 2 of Originally Posted by afi100guy Your Camel hating and Russell bashing is a tired act. Aric called you out at a Knothole game for yelling at a kid. It up... 80 comments | 4254 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    My Own Little World
    Posts
    244

    Quote Originally Posted by afi100guy View Post
    Great second half by the Camels. I am hoping this is a start to a nice run (similar to previous years).
    Yes, Camels seemed to pick up the pace in the 2nd half as well. Keep saying they should play more uptempo as they seem to do well in that style. With so many guards, good shooters, and a 6'9" guy that can run the floor, they can steal some points before defenses have a chance to build a fortress around Wilson.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    afi100guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    5 Guys, not just a restaurant name anymore!!
    Posts
    2,953

    Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Am I the only person not shocked by this score?
    Camels have a significant size advantage and were hitting shots. That combination leads to this margin.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan13 View Post
    It's difficult to be "the initiator of contact" with 2-3 guys hanging and holding and grabbing jersey. Wilson takes up a lot of space and is a strong kid who is tough to handle. In my opinion he does a good job moving and trying to get into position to receive the ball. He gets beat up and is double and triple teamed every game but you will rarely see him complain, ever throw an elbow, or lose his cool. Good tough player.
    This

  4. #19
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,590

    Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Am I the only person not shocked by this score?
    No.

    When all is said and done, I believe the Camels have as good or better a shot at coming out of the region as anyone.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    No.

    When all is said and done, I believe the Camels have as good or better a shot at coming out of the region as anyone.
    It's a 5 team race IMO...

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    270

    Quote Originally Posted by LCDAWGS19 View Post
    Disagree. Augusta had guys hanging on him most of the night.

    Side note- Brian Kirk was asking...nay, begging for a technical foul in the 4th quarter and the refs didn't give him one. Panthers never quit...of course they never stop playing hard. CC played like a top region team in the 2nd half.
    That happened at our game too, I think he's trying to fire his guys up.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    130

    Quote Originally Posted by mtb19 View Post
    That happened at our game too, I think he's trying to fire his guys up.
    Bad move on his part to do that in this game.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by mtb19 View Post
    That happened at our game too, I think he's trying to fire his guys up.
    That's what I thought as well.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,497

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan13 View Post
    It's difficult to be "the initiator of contact" with 2-3 guys hanging and holding and grabbing jersey. Wilson takes up a lot of space and is a strong kid who is tough to handle. In my opinion he does a good job moving and trying to get into position to receive the ball. He gets beat up and is double and triple teamed every game but you will rarely see him complain, ever throw an elbow, or lose his cool. Good tough player.
    Will agree that the aggressive D on Wilson was there when Snapp was out of game. Only two of his fouls came against Wilson and both were touch, not muscle calls. Once Snapp went out, the replacements had no ability to stop his penetration, so Kirk went with only strategy he could and chose to put Wilson on the line. Problem was he must of had three or four AndOnes. I take nothing away from Wilson, he is a hard-clean player that keeps yapping and look-at-me completely out of his game. Camels have a chance to three peat, and I congratulate Coach Russell for once again getting them ready at the right time.

  10. #25
    UK Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    350

    I thought I heard Campbell shot over 60% from the field. I think hey hit 9 "3"s. They shot the ball very well. It also seemed like Augusta struggled on the offensive boards.

    Didn't think officiating was a factor. I didn't think it was good, but wasn't bad either. Didn't seem to really benefit either side. Not sure the number of fouls Augusta wracked up, but I think 3 of their fouls were on Spradlin, and they were obvious. It looked clear when he was in the game, his task was to, maybe not to actually foul, but body up Wilson.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    84

    The Camels have a significant size advantage every time they step on the floor and they're a .500 team

    Coaching?

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    193

    Quote Originally Posted by neufdaddy View Post
    The Camels have a significant size advantage every time they step on the floor and they're a .500 team

    Coaching?
    Haven't they won the region the last two years? Coaching there too or no?

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    84

    They won the region last year and lost to a smaller Covington Catholic team

    Campbell County is by far the largest school in the region

    What do they have 800 boys in the school?

    Not too hard to find 10 who can play

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    193

    OK, win: not coaching, just big school. Lose: coaching. Thank you for clarification! I will step out now.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    84

    You give a good coach 800 boys and he's not .500

    Just sayin

Top