Campbell County 71 Pendleton County 64

Page 2 of Final from Claryville.... 31 comments | 3918 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    137

    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete4 View Post
    Roles*
    Thank you
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    137

    The cats as a team need to realize that getting to the foul line is a very important part of basketball if you want to win. Had the bonus early in the 1st half but decided to play stall ball instead of going inside putting pressure on the defense.

    Congrats to CC on the win.

  3. #18
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    54,200

    I want to thank @Randy Parker for the updates. Anytime you have a starter missing it changes the game. Still a great win for CC.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    3,638

    Longterm I wonder which team got the most out of this game? Camels coming off a previous night's loss to a Simon Kenton in a packed house at home against fellow top-tier 10th Region foe. In this highly competitive game Camels pull away late for the hard earned victory. Or, Pendleton County playing without their much needed big man while on the road against #2 Regional foe and hang tight in a see-saw battle to the end?

    I'm 1,100 miles away in Florida so only got to follow through Randy's exceptional updates ("thanks"). I could argue either, but my gut tells me PC now knows they can beat this team at the Fieldhouse.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    1,732

    Does PC usually shoot this well from the 3 point line?

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    I didn't get to attend due to work, but from what I've read and what i've heard from folks that were there...

    both teams can use what they found out and commit it to memory for a potential rematch in the Fieldhouse.

  7. #22
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    65,860

    Quote Originally Posted by memyselfandi View Post
    Does PC usually shoot this well from the 3 point line?
    35% as a team for the season.

    45% as a team last night (13-29).

  8. #23
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    59,771

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    Longterm I wonder which team got the most out of this game? Camels coming off a previous night's loss to a Simon Kenton in a packed house at home against fellow top-tier 10th Region foe. In this highly competitive game Camels pull away late for the hard earned victory. Or, Pendleton County playing without their much needed big man while on the road against #2 Regional foe and hang tight in a see-saw battle to the end?

    I'm 1,100 miles away in Florida so only got to follow through Randy's exceptional updates ("thanks"). I could argue either, but my gut tells me PC now knows they can beat this team at the Fieldhouse.
    We don't want to hear it.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,371

    Why was Antrobus out? Missing their big man made a difference I'm sure. He is a load underneath.

  10. #25
    stinkyboy II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    2,212

    Antrobus - ankle sprain, out 2 to 3 weeks

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Posts
    55

    What happened to the Clos kid. I didn’t make the game due to it being so packed. I heard he never touched the ball much. Any one update me. He is usually a guaranteed 15 to 20 point scorer. I also heard the Wilson kid played a good game.

  12. #27
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    65,860

    Quote Originally Posted by CCHSBB View Post
    What happened to the Clos kid. I didn’t make the game due to it being so packed. I heard he never touched the ball much. Any one update me. He is usually a guaranteed 15 to 20 point scorer. I also heard the Wilson kid played a good game.
    He had some good looks, but just didn't get much to fall. I believe he only had 1 field goal, but that was a huge 4th quarter 3-pointer that broke a tie.

    Offensively it just wasn't his night, but that happens from time to time. The young man is still a dynamite talent. Day, Jolly, & Clos comprise quite the trio. And as I said above, Drew Wilson is really good as well.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    496

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    Longterm I wonder which team got the most out of this game? Camels coming off a previous night's loss to a Simon Kenton in a packed house at home against fellow top-tier 10th Region foe. In this highly competitive game Camels pull away late for the hard earned victory. Or, Pendleton County playing without their much needed big man while on the road against #2 Regional foe and hang tight in a see-saw battle to the end?

    I'm 1,100 miles away in Florida so only got to follow through Randy's exceptional updates ("thanks"). I could argue either, but my gut tells me PC now knows they can beat this team at the Fieldhouse.
    Lets don't forget that Jolly set about half of the game due to fouls.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    1,083

    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Quarters View Post
    Lets don't forget that Jolly set about half of the game due to fouls.
    Neltner and Yelton spent considerable time on the bench with foul trouble also.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    496

    Quote Originally Posted by Can'tcoach View Post
    Neltner and Yelton spent considerable time on the bench with foul trouble also.
    Yep, won't disagree, but in the big picture I believe Jolly means more to CC than Antrobus, Neltner, and Yelton means to PC. Set Allen down and see what happens.

Top